Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Maximus/Ulpianus (II)

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Maximus/Ulpianus

The consul has proven himself beyond a shadow.
    The north is almost clear of all rebels and gauls and he has not even brought up his reinforcements.
    With such capable men the power of Rome will extend to the far reaches of the world.
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

Hail consul! though we have had our differences I throughly congratulate u on your victory Roma Victrix!!
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

ooc:can't be arsed to write something so erm.. congrats

A letter arrives bearing the seal of the Pontif family

Noble friends,

For the time being, Massilia and indeed much of Transalpine Gaul has been freed from Gallic military forces. This will usher in a new age of development for the region. In the next few months Romanization will begin full swing. Roads, markets, arenas, all of this will become a reality for the half barbarians. Massilia will become a trade jewel of southern Gaul under my leadership.

Best regards,

Caivs Pontif
    ooc: Also, congratulations for Voltaire are in order, he has been elected to serve in the CdeC. Congratulations Voltaire!

Thank you, Pontifex .

Congratulations to Proconsul's Pontiff successful term in Galia Transalpina. Under the guidance of True Roman principles he'll bring light to those frozen lands, or so do I hope.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Excellent work has been produced by both the Consul and Proconsul. Warmest congratulations to you both!

Philos Sophos's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Senators

I may now say clearly that Narbo Martius has been freed from siege,but it has a small stack near it.The battle was a easy one,but because of the governors foolishness,we tooks some casualties

The city garrison immediatly started to run to the enemy so I couldnt think of any tactics to use.We had to run too to save those those men from high casualties.

Fighting started and we outnumbered them,but we our casualties mainly came from friendly fire.My mercenaries were send in first and they routed a few moments later.When my legionaries came,they released their pilas and slaughtering began.

The governor thought he was Hercules himself and stormed the Gauls with his bodyguards.Fortunately,he wasn't killed

Now can the Proconsul start to retrain his troops.Legio X will stay in that region for that time to protect the cities.I have also recruited governors to cities in Italy that didnt had one and have put the remaining units of Legio III to retrain

Senior Consul,
    Tiberius Octavius Ulpianus

O Sancta Simplicitas!

He has won again i suggest we give some kind of award

Yes, it is true that the Consul has been doing a marvellous job, but what award should we give him? In my opinion, it is still a little early. Many other consulars have achieved greater feats for no such awards.

yes but this is his first consulship is not?

Yes, I believe it is. How about you propose the award, and the discussion can revolve around it?

ooc: i don't what award to give him i'm too new to know these type of things
    thats what your training camp is going to stop me from posting stupid things like this

i believe we should award him with a triumph
    ooc: thanks winter
    Last edited by Caesar Rex; June 08, 2008 at 03:29 PM.

ooc: Yes, we will teach that

A triumph? An ovation maybe, but not a triumph. He has yet to kill 5000 enemy soldiers.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Ovations are awards for senators who defeat rebels and brigand armies. This consul took up the reigns mid-term, and still he performs admirably. He deserves a triumph.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

I agree consul Ulpianus has defeated large numbers im minimal time and Ii think we should give him a triumph...we should vote on it

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Lucius speaks: Let us give the consul full imperium to march the full strength of rome on the gauls, Let us kill them all, take all of gaul, Kill ALL barbarians that threaten rome so that they can not attack us again!

OOC: seriusly guies the gauls have 5ish stacks in the south we can cruch them with 2 legions or so.
    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."Sun-tzu
    Chinese general & military strategist (~400 BC`)

Caesar stands

But why take gaul? What you say is enethical and would take far to long no i say we station legions in specific areas that can protect the fronteir and destroy all the armies near gaul!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Aemilius Paulus Macedon View Post
    Lucius speaks: Let us give the consul full imperium to march the full strength of rome on the gauls, Let us kill them all, take all of gaul, Kill ALL barbarians that threaten rome so that they can not attack us again!

OOC: seriusly guies the gauls have 5ish stacks in the south we can cruch them with 2 legions or so.
    Now you are underestimating the Gauls again just like young Caesar here before he learnt his lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Dragnesi View Post
    Now you are underestimating the Gauls again just like young Caesar here before he learnt his lesson.
    Indeed, Caesar has learned what the senior senators knew, that the Gauls are not to be underestimated. Though I would support victories, rash actions are not in order. Let the consul decide what to do and if he believes it is possible to invade other territories, then we shall discuss it in the senate.

OOC: I hope that is the way things work, if not say so.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Gaius Julius Civilis's Avatar Senator
    Castra Ultra Traiectum - Germania Inferior

ooc: Yes it is

ic: "Senators,

The Senior Consul is at the front lines, he can suggest the next course of action better than we from all these miles away can. Now someone may say that his proximity is the exact reason why he cannot see what the ideal course of action may be, but I will say that any view of the situation is better than what we here in Rome have, we are blind to the situation in Gaul. A short report on the legions and the enemy, their location and how far their retraining has come could change this.

As for a reward for the Senior Consul, I will say this. I cannot agree to give this consul a triumph, not while my mind is not eaten by senility. Have we forgotten the First Hellenic War, our consuls have fought 30 battles, 30 battles senators, all victories, all against full Greek armies. Did we reward our Consuls for that magnificent achievement? No, we did not, we merely thanked them and moved on with our lives. And now you want to reward a Consul who fought and won a sixth of their number of battles with a full triumph? I would like him to have it, he is my brother after all, but it would feel as a betrayal to my father in law Servius Labienus Africanus and to my dear friend Spurius Vitruvius Habitus. I will disagree in the strongest possible terms to giving a triumph to Tiberius Octavius Ulpianus, only an ovation will do."

As Falco prepares to sit down he exclaims:

"Furthermore: delenda est Sparta."
    Last edited by Gaius Julius Civilis; June 09, 2008 at 07:28 AM.
    YOU ARE THE SENATE - SENATOR PROCVLVS IVNIVS VERVS MINOR - XXX
    PLEBEIAN

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011