Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The very beginning|CLOSED|

Default Re: Patria Libera-NEW!!!

This has become a unpropriate discussion, as instead of helping the mod team, you are only putting barriers to it's sucess :S

mastaace's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Lebre View Post
    This has become a unpropriate discussion, as instead of helping the mod team, you are only putting barriers to it's sucess :S
    i was about to write something like that as well...
    seriously, this is rediculous, why not going away and make a mod on yourself instead of shooting on other peoples work just because the fun of it (it seems so)?

and no, a forum is not the place for destructive criticism, instead for constructive criticism

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

From what i understand, this mod has not yet been released, so by posting my arguments i am helping the mod team with deducting how should the csaks country be called. And yes i do it for fun too, i like reading history and for me searching some information can be fun.

And @SirPeace
    You can do a change in titles and country name during the campaing, but you need to create a shadow faction that would take 1 more faction slot.

Maybe we aded a new factions Burgundy and Bulgaria

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

mastaace's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by gracul View Post
    From what i understand, this mod has not yet been released, so by posting my arguments i am helping the mod team with deducting how should the csaks country be called. And yes i do it for fun too, i like reading history and for me searching some information can be fun.
    by destructive criticism i meant that, who ever started it, the argument is waging on a personal level, and that sucks.

like: "you want to be a historian? this must be a joke"

and it may be that you have fun with history, but also with slagging off mods, as i said. i never doubted your interest in history man.

Icon2 Re: Patria Libera-NEW!!!

We are looking for skinners!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baluro View Post
    This map is not proper. Tell me, who ruled then "Transdanubia" and why dont you put it into your mod for example?
    Where is Transdanubia??? and this map its from here http://www.euratlas.com/time2.htm not from slovak or hungary page its from foreigner page... Matus has his own state about 21 years becouse his son go dead .... and please dont SPAMing about it Slovakian Palatinate will be still in game and team doesnt chage it never! sorry for my english Iam a student...

We are looking for skinners!!!

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

baluro's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by mastaace View Post
    i was about to write something like that as well...
    seriously, this is rediculous, why not going away and make a mod on yourself instead of shooting on other peoples work just because the fun of it (it seems so)?

and no, a forum is not the place for destructive criticism, instead for constructive criticism

As far as I know, the aim of the most of the mods is, that the modders want to make the gamehistorically more accurate. But with this mod (not the whole mod, with some faction) the game won't be historically accurate.
    I was wondering, what would you do, when someone would fake your nation's history.

IVIarkI2I!
    No, it was not a state, that's the point.
    Anyway, I know, you won't change it, so I really stop it by this time. It's easy to see that you are really very stubborn, and you wouldn't change your mind anyway, no matter what whoever say, which books or writer we quote. This was very annoying, that's why I wrote those "spams".
    Good luck with your mod.
    Last edited by baluro; May 22, 2008 at 04:22 AM.
    "If you immediately know the candle-light is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago."

"The sun is warm, the wind is wild, the grass is green along the shores, here no bull can hide."

SirPeacemaker's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by baluro View Post
    As far as I know, the aim of the most of the mods is, that the modders want to make the gamehistorically more accurate. But with this mod (not the whole mod, with some faction) the game won't be historically accurate.
    Yes and that is what we are doing. As much accuracy as possible. If you think something different maybe you havenīt studied enough or maybe you studied only low qualities books.
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

baluro's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by SirPeacemaker View Post
    Yes and that is what we are doing. As much accuracy as possible. If you think something different maybe you havenīt studied enough or maybe you studied only low qualities books.

Stop it! You are not an expert, you can only say "study more", like you once said: it's a shame, someone doesn't know his own history. You haven't proved your knowledge. Debating with you is impossible, because you can't support your statements with real arguments. It's you, who should learn more.
    "If you immediately know the candle-light is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago."

"The sun is warm, the wind is wild, the grass is green along the shores, here no bull can hide."

I am not an expert?? If you say so Ok. I reckon only you are
    But here is the deal. Prove it that Matthew Csak wasnīt palatine and prove it that land ruled by palatine itīs not called palatinate.
    If you canīt just shut up at last.
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

Artifex

The Hungarian king deprived Csak of his titles in 1297. He was not a palatine past that date.

And for the second one, all your posts try to prove that a land NOT ruled by a palatine, but by a kind of a Lord, is called a Palatinate.

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Hey can you include the realm of Amadeus Aba in the mod. i would help you with research so long as it doesn;t effect you. It would basically be like the... khm... slovakian... palatin... ate... but a bit more west

By the way i'm serious this isn't a joke.

Think of it this way, It would give the khm... slo... vakian... palat... inate... something to fight that wouldn't squash it.

If you are not happy with my suggestion I'm fine with that, just tell it to me in one post so we don;t end up spamming.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

The Hungarian king deprived Csak of his titles in 1297. He was not a palatine past that date.
    You are very wrong about the date Check it again. In 1312 Charles Anjou formally took his title palatine away but Mathew still used against Kingīs will. Check it again thoroughly. Or I can give you some links but I donīt trust to informations on the internet. But if you do I can find some links for you.

@Vazul's Ghost
    I was thinking about Abaīs family but unfortunatelly there is no space for more factions. I would like to see them in the mod but as I said before the game has a lot of limits. That is why city of Kosice /Cassovia/ belongs to Hungarian crown and not to Abaīs family or Matthew. We want to be as much correct as possible and the game allowed. But thank you for your help
    Last edited by SirPeacemaker; May 22, 2008 at 05:49 AM.

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

No problem!, one day i will find a mod that has room for it...
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Artifex

Matthew held the title twice, once more then a year, once less then 6 months.

Matthew held the title twice, once more then a year, once less then 6 months.
    Let me correct you. In 1297 as you said Matthew renounced of his titles as a protest against Kingīs policy. In 1300 Kingīs sent a puditive expedition against Matthew. But the expedition was defeated by Matthew. In 1301 was a new king coronated. King Charles of Anjou and he gave all his titles back to Matthew. /King Charles was coronated totally 4 times but thatīs another cup of tea /
    And finally in 1312 King Charles takes his titles away from him but Matthew still uses it.

Artifex

As you said, you are an expert.
    First, Csak was granted palatine again in second half of 1310 and it was revoked in 1311 because Csak was acting only for his own good.
    Second, You know what was happening in 1301-1308, so how can you claim that Charles was the king if there were two crowned people?
    Thrid, If i say that im a palatinate right now, but everyone denies that, but i still use it, am i a palatinate or no?.

As the matter of fact there were 3 crowned people But the most important thing is who had a support from the pope and who had the most nobles on his side. And that was the Charles of Anjou. And take this context. King Charles gave him the title back in 1301 /other two kings gave them other titles and another lands/ and the same king 11 years later took the title away.
    Show me how to put all of this to the game? How can we have 3 Kings? How can we give him the title and take it away 11 years later? How? Or how can we change the title to: Palatine against Kingīs will? Or change it to: Rebel palatine? And to change the name to: Rebelled Slovakian palatinate?
    We want /an we must/ to be as much correct as possible. If there is a chance I wanted to have there: Lords of the Koszegs, Aba family etc. But THERE IS NO CHANCE and we must do our best with limits the game has.
    Last edited by SirPeacemaker; May 22, 2008 at 07:18 AM.

Artifex

Its just not a palatinate, thats what i am against. If it was an independant kingdom, and not a part of some other kingdom(meaning that it is a palatinate) then you can call it in numerous other ways. Calling that land a Palatinate is against any logical thinking, and can even be treated as offensive (although i guess many Hungarian nationalists would like you to call it like that.).

And btw, there were 3 crowned people, but not crowned in the same time. So that does not prove in anyway that i was wrong.

Edit: And Csak was against Charles at first, so don't tell me Charles appointed him a Palatine in 1301.

Its just not a palatinate, thats what i am against. If it was an independant kingdom, and not a part of some other kingdom(meaning that it is a palatinate) then you can call it in numerous other ways. Calling that land a Palatinate is against any logical thinking, and can even be treated as offensive (although i guess many Hungarian nationalists would like you to call it like that.).

And btw, there were 3 crowned people, but not crowned in the same time. So that does not prove in anyway that i was wrong.
    This is controversial because everyone of them claimed he is the real king but... I donīt want to go too far because itīs another cup of tea. On one hand you are right but on the another you are not. Too complicated and I really donīt want to start discuss about that. The easiest way for you to find out what I mean is check some good books about this period. There is a book for example: Book of the kings. And you will notice that dates of their power in kingdom of Hungary is overcovered. If you know what I mean.
    And palatinate again. I have told you twice. Northern Land /as they called part with Slovakians citizens/ was a part of kingdom of Hungary. Palatine ruled the land. /But after Matthew everything has changed thanks to kingīs reform/ So what else do you want ? We wanted to do it as a vasal country but the game not allowed it. I really donīt know yet what to tell you more.

Edit: Yes he supported the young Czech candidate at the beginning. But when Charles was crowned /in 1301/ he wanted to gain Matthewīs support with this title. And Matthew took everyone profit from all of them. But this is really another cup of tea.
    Last edited by SirPeacemaker; May 22, 2008 at 07:41 AM.