Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BoA3 - New factions in BoA 3 (Obsolete)

Default Re: BoA3 - New factions in BoA 3

I wouldnt remove Imagawa just because of Tokugawa.. You could put Tokugawa in campaign as Imagawa's and Oda's ally.. But Tokugawa would have much better realitons with Oda than Imagawa... So Tokugawa will choose to stay on Oda's side if Imagawa and Oda will have a war. I dont even know if this is possible.. But thats what i think.
    Last edited by Jdo0; August 16, 2009 at 08:17 AM.

I don't remember who said removing Imagawa, but I think they meant that Tokugawa could emerge from the Imagawa faction, not replace them. In Barbarian Invasions you can make certain factions be emergent... not present at the start but spawns when a certain even occurs. I just can't see how to correctly balance that without completely redoing the campaign map to be a historically accurate map (instead of a shogun-total-war-style game balanced map), which would require alot more factions and would cut into the Ran no Jidai mod. If Tokugawa is added, don't expect to see current campaign add any new factions. It is possible, however, if people are interested in an Imjin War campaign or if a campaign is made for Tokugawa vs Toyotomi.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

just add Tokugawa into the campaign just as JDo0 said. If we want historical accuracy this mod will take a hell of a lot longer to finish. Personally I think gameplay comes first.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I also believe you should add the Saiga Ikki. Making thier guns more powerfull would fit well with everyone elses bonusses.

Also the Azai clan, seeing them fight against Nobunaga could be rather interesting.

Not forgetting Date Masamune and his clan.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

No Korea means this is just another third age mod battle between hobbits - o, at that time, Koreans were surprised that 150cm hobbit-looking guys were weilding sword, anyway. I know Korea kept big brother-little bother relationship with China, which was ceremonial since China was at that time the superpower. But I heard some guys here claim that Korea was not implemented in this mod because she wasn't independent - which is totally out of sence. China-Korea relationship/diplomatic stance was like that of pope/HRE - France/Spain relationship during medieval period, which means there is superficial diplomatic gesture, but that's it - China never had direct control over Korean land nor people, ever since history recorded Korea was never lost a war against them (there was 2 war defeated against Manchurian, though). I suspect you read some weird history book written by either Chinese or Japanese, who always dreaming of conquest of Korea. Anyway, if you want to claim Korea wasn't independent, then you first should prove Frace was independent even though she was ruled by King, not emperor.
    ehh, the Koreans did lose to the Tang dynasty invasion. the Tang had Korean allies but they did effectively destroy Goguryeo. and I guess if you count Kubla Khan.

Still, it is true that Chinese dynasty generally didn't have a good time in their attempts to actually invade Korea. Korea is actually a rather tough place to conquer geographically speaking, with enough mountains to cut off supply chains and not enough of a base farm production to be easily self sustained from lands you do capture (something the Japanese in the Imjin war also had a lot of problem with).

I had nothing to do with the creation of the Chinese/Korean faction in this game, but regardless the mod focuses more on Japan and those factions that had a significant impact on Japanese history. Korea's land forces had little interaction with Japan in Japanese history and the RTW engine puts little emphasis on naval battles... you can't really simulate the naval battles between Japan and Korea with it. It was far easier to group Korea and China into a single faction for the sake of custom battles. Furthermore, cultural and political independence does not mean militaristic independence. I'm not an expert on Chinese or Korean history but to make your argument valid you need to prove that the Korean military was independent, that China wouldn't simply take command of the military like a militia force. Who actually gave the orders during the Imjin war? Were the Chinese reinforcements, or did they come to seize command? What was the nature of the alliance between Chinese and Korean forces? Nevermind the politics and social aspects, all that matters for a custom battle mod is the military
    The original Korean armies of the Joseon court was nearly non-existent by the time the Imjin war started. Korea was in a state of internal political rifts by that time. and not many people gave a damn about the military. only the northern guards were still semi competent and even they deterioated significantly (because the Ming had the Machurians tribes relatively under control at this time)

However, during the Imjin war various milita groups spawned up and eventually after the Ming took back PyongYang and the Koreans were able to reorganize themself. the second phase of the Imjin war saw a much more effective Korean army. even the early stages milita were already fielding armies of several thousand. so it's hard to say that they were non-existent.

The Ming and the Korean armies generally worked together in most of the major battles, and generally if they did the Ming commander would be in charge. but it's hard to say that the Ming took over total command of the Korean forces. espically in the later stage. the Joseon army at the start of the war was utter junk of that few would debate against, but by the later stages it had become quiet potent. still, the Koreans were hardly just taking orders from the Ming generals.

appearance wise they were also pretty darn different. as the standard gears / armors of the two states were pretty noticablly different.

kenny2010's Avatar Foederatus

Please add more factions
    something like this

I will feel appriciate ......

kenny2010's Avatar Foederatus

Please add more factions
    something like this

I will feel appreciate ......

I think this thread is useless because we could consider BoA 3 as abandoned. Closed

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123