Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BoA3 - New factions in BoA 3 (Obsolete)

Default Re: BoA3 - New factions in BoA 3

Thanks. If you find others, post them in this thread

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

just wondering do you plan on making vietnam into a faction or just some units that will go with china(or some other faction)

And is vietnam going to have elephants? cause their in the pictures.

Vietnam as a full faction . And if they really use elephants in the past, we will add elephant in the v3.

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

AWESOME!!!
    cant wait till 2009 and the first screenshots!!!

Quote Originally Posted by metacooler View Post
    AWESOME!!!
    cant wait till 2009 and the first screenshots!!!
    You will see the first screenshots this winter
    Last edited by Nelduin; June 08, 2008 at 05:27 AM.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!
    YOU ARE AWESOME!!

Hi all,

So I decide to add the Viet-nam in BoAv3 factions. The Ming Empire will be totally redone (with gunpowder weapons) and The Altan Khan Empire too with one or two infantry units. I don't know which new japanese clans will be added yet but i think there'll be two or three new clans.
    It means no more factions will be added till now.

Sincerely.
    May Buddha's wisdom be with you...
    High_Templar : Leader of Battles of Asia Mod and Leader of Battles of Kingdoms Mod

awesome...

Last edited by Lord_Trask; June 15, 2008 at 07:13 PM.

A.K.A Hunter_Trask

Why donīt you create the Ashikaga clan?
    It was one of the most powerful clans of medieval Japan and descended from the Minamoto clan.

Or you could also add the Date clan which was the most powerful clan of northern Japan together with the Uesugi clan.
    Last edited by Glimeric; August 04, 2008 at 06:15 PM.

I think you should focuss on the sengoku period and besides large scale of western and eastern clans add the Chinese, Portuguese and the Dutch as the only foreign factions.

if you need help with campiagn.
    go to this link, and contact the person who posted the forum .
    http://game.ali213.net/viewthread.ph...&extra=&page=1

Sogesu's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi all,
    It is now the time of Medieval II, but you still mod for RTW? Why donn't you mod a asia factions with Medieval game type ? I have not ever played Rome TW, but Medieval TW vice versa. I used to try to create an asia mod myself but cannot because of time and experience limitation....

Hi Metacooler,

R you a vietnamese?

That is some of the reasons:

We make this mod on RTW because the M2TW battle system is totally unrealistic. The slowness of the soldiers has been removed. This system is more hollywoodian than realistic. RTW can support units 3x more detailled than M2TW, it's easily moddable, and the battlefield and the lightning can be improved.
    So, you will be able to play a mod with an excellent quality and an excellent framerate.

That would be great. These factions are missing everywhere - not only in RTW (+mods).
    The First World War Mod for Battlefield 1942:

For further information check out http://en.inside1918.net/

There shud be much more factions. Saito, Otomo, Suzuki, Honganji, Mogami, Ukita, Chosokabe,
    Ashikaga and Azai. Rebels wud be some little factions like Nanbu, Utsunomiya, Asakura, Hatakeyama.....

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Shouldnt we also see the Saika mercenaries... who excelled in wielding the rifles.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

kaasbris's Avatar Civis

Well, this mod sounds good. However, even though I understand BoA is a fantastical(or imaginary) representation of 15c Asia(or Japan), it went too much. Korea, a Kingdom on its own fought Japan during Imjin War (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imjin_War), the largest warfare taken place in East Asia in 15c, while defeated at initial stage on land, throughout unbeatble naval battles lead by Admiral Yi, virtually exterminated Japanese Navy - which forced them to retreat and to sign peace.

No Korea means this is just another third age mod battle between hobbits - o, at that time, Koreans were surprised that 150cm hobbit-looking guys were weilding sword, anyway. I know Korea kept big brother-little bother relationship with China, which was ceremonial since China was at that time the superpower. But I heard some guys here claim that Korea was not implemented in this mod because she wasn't independent - which is totally out of sence. China-Korea relationship/diplomatic stance was like that of pope/HRE - France/Spain relationship during medieval period, which means there is superficial diplomatic gesture, but that's it - China never had direct control over Korean land nor people, ever since history recorded Korea was never lost a war against them (there was 2 war defeated against Manchurian, though). I suspect you read some weird history book written by either Chinese or Japanese, who always dreaming of conquest of Korea. Anyway, if you want to claim Korea wasn't independent, then you first should prove Frace was independent even though she was ruled by King, not emperor.

Imjin war ended many lives/clians of Japan forever, which eventually brought Tokukawa a chance - in this mod, it simply lacks the "who" did it.

I had nothing to do with the creation of the Chinese/Korean faction in this game, but regardless the mod focuses more on Japan and those factions that had a significant impact on Japanese history. Korea's land forces had little interaction with Japan in Japanese history and the RTW engine puts little emphasis on naval battles... you can't really simulate the naval battles between Japan and Korea with it. It was far easier to group Korea and China into a single faction for the sake of custom battles. Furthermore, cultural and political independence does not mean militaristic independence. I'm not an expert on Chinese or Korean history but to make your argument valid you need to prove that the Korean military was independent, that China wouldn't simply take command of the military like a militia force. Who actually gave the orders during the Imjin war? Were the Chinese reinforcements, or did they come to seize command? What was the nature of the alliance between Chinese and Korean forces? Nevermind the politics and social aspects, all that matters for a custom battle mod is the military.

I do disagree on your last point however. The Korean war did kill many samurai, but did not actually alter any of the great clans, and even most minor families remained intact. The main significance the Korean war had was creating dissent among Toyotomi's retainers, many of whom Tokugawa was already "courting". My point is simple: Tokugawa planned to seize control when Hideyoshi died regardless. Toyotomi's own severe policies were his undoing, the invasion of Korea were just nails in the coffin.

*edit* forgot to mention above that unlike Korea, the Ming did interact alot with Japan and thus it makes sense to include the Chinese.
    Last edited by Hayami Kagemusha; July 23, 2009 at 10:31 PM. Reason: I don't like being mean

Quote Originally Posted by kaasbris View Post
    No Korea means this is just another third age mod battle between hobbits - o, at that time, Koreans were surprised that 150cm hobbit-looking guys were weilding sword, anyway...

...Imjin war ended many lives/clians of Japan forever, which eventually brought Tokukawa a chance - in this mod, it simply lacks the "who" did it.
    Hideyoshi died in Japan, and troops went home after his death... Every war ended the lives "forever", even the Cold War, but I am not sure which "clians" were lost. Battle of Sekigahara "brought Tokugawa a chance", not the Imjin War.

And if you want to see Korea in game — then do something about it! Anyone can rant about the lack of something, but when the actual "how to do it" comes, you all run away... Here, to work on Korea, we need a mapper to put them into the campaign:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=267341&page=7

There's also a question of units, ships, and available literature...

No, you don't want to help? Then stop ranting about no Korea!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast