Thread: Shogun TW: Warlord Edition with RAN Intro

Icon5 Shogun TW: Warlord Edition with RAN Intro

Does anyone have the warlord edition with the RAN intro? I gave mine away a while back and just realized this movie is not included in later copies from what I understand. I've been looking all over youtube and other video channels with no avail. Mind you I'm not asking you to give it to me I'm just wondering who else out there has this Grand Intro cut?

I suppose I'll have to buy an old copy off Amazon...

Excuse my foolishness this belongs in the STW forum!
    Last edited by Armatus; August 27, 2008 at 06:35 PM. Reason: title correction

Default Re: Warlord Edition with RAN Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    Does anyone have the warlord edition with the RAN intro? I gave mine away a while back and just realized this movie is not included in later copies from what I understand. I've been looking all over youtube and other video channels with no avail. Mind you I'm not asking you to give it to me I'm just wondering who else out there has this Grand Intro cut?

I suppose I'll have to buy an old copy off Amazon...

Excuse my foolishness this belongs in the STW forum!
    Wouldn't it be simpler to just watch Ran? I literally watched it just last night, for the first time. Apart from firearms rapid-firing every few seconds instead of minutes at a time, it was pretty good.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

No because in RAN the movie that particular cut used by CA had not only full background sound effects but a really kicka## orchestra. Which is why I'm seeking it since in the full movie RAN that scene is practically silence. It was a major let down the first time I saw it I was like Nooooooooooo!!

Ok I'm pissed, I just dropped 20 bucks from a place called NothingbutSoftware at their storefront on Amazon which listed the Shogun Total War Gold Edition as the Shogun Total War Warlord Edition.......... ok yes it includes the expansion but it is NOT the same thing damit! Well anyway I made the mistake of opening it just to double check my worse fear that yes in fact RAN as well as the older game cinematic intro was gone and sure enough it was.

Well I sent them an email, maybe if they have the copy I'm looking for they'll be nice enough to give me a discount or something, otherwise I'm never buying from them again.

Hey someone put it up on google vids!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...18832415&hl=en

I get chills every time I watch this!
    Last edited by Armatus; August 27, 2008 at 06:39 PM.

Default Re: Shogun TW: Warlord Edition with RAN Intro

woow owowowowiwo

Quote Originally Posted by segwen12 View Post
    woow owowowowiwo
    good eh

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    Ok I'm pissed, I just dropped 20 bucks from a place called NothingbutSoftware at their storefront on Amazon which listed the Shogun Total War Gold Edition as the Shogun Total War Warlord Edition.......... ok yes it includes the expansion but it is NOT the same thing damit! Well anyway I made the mistake of opening it just to double check my worse fear that yes in fact RAN as well as the older game cinematic intro was gone and sure enough it was.

Well I sent them an email, maybe if they have the copy I'm looking for they'll be nice enough to give me a discount or something, otherwise I'm never buying from them again.
    Regarding movies based on the Shogun time period, you should try to watch "Ten to Chi To" (aka "Heaven and Earth"). Don't confuse that with the American "Heaven and Earth," and definitely don't confuse the title for the Japanese "Warriors of Heaven and Earth."

The whole movie is based on the battles of Kawanakajima. "Ten to Chi To" is the movie that I expected "Ran" to be like. They used to show this movie on TNT, but it's nowhere to be found anymore.

Here's a tiny clip (the only one I could find that didn't over-dub the original audio track):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvDS_nGDSAM
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

Yes I know what movie you are talking about. It's a good one. I was going to buy it online but it is like $40 still... I appreciate good film making, but man these movies should go down in price after so many years.