Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Progress thread

Default Re: Progress thread

We're starting to work on castle specific battle maps - slightly more advanced things than the ones in the Example Fort thread - but probably similar to the forts in scale, and not the huge city / fortress type sizes...

note that the battle maps are faction / castle level specific - not location specific.... so there's a limit to how many 'unique' ones you can have and it requires some EDB juggling.

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

I know what your talking about Wilddog. Last week, I was trying to use the Battle Edditor through the DLV mod, to use the nice stone forts in there as a modest castle for a custom small defense. But couldn't get the BE to recognize the fort, OR to even let me complete the mod with armies.

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Quote Originally Posted by Live2sculpt
    I know what your talking about Wilddog. Last week, I was trying to use the Battle Editor through the DLV mod, to use the nice stone forts in there as a modest castle for a custom small defence. But couldn't get the BE to recognize the fort, OR to even let me complete the mod with armies.
    I've never actually used the battle editor. Makanyane's always done that sort of thing. I tend to test using the single battle option and simply replacing the settlement that's referred to.

Once again I got side tracked but at least this was to check out that we could add in animations relatively easily for certain objects. Mainly needed this for walls and gates though I'm not sure how many wall demolitions I will use as for this mod period siege engines never really achieved that... and it can cause silly field battles.

Down side is if I do use wall animations I need to now work out the pathfinding 'wall breaches' to add them in as it causes a crash without them.

Makanyane's been doing some experiments with how to get onto walls so we'll probably use some variations of those (ie using steps rather than towers to change heights)

gubbs's Avatar Tiro

Still keeping tabs on this project. Don't give up!

Quote Originally Posted by gubbs
    Still keeping tabs on this project. Don't give up!
    Got to admit I think at times MTW3 will probably be out before this but such is life.
    Mostly still fiddling around in the settlement area. I think once we're finally clear on that we can get on with the mod proper.. but don't ask me to bet whether it will be out before the year is

Opifex

Wilddog you can't imagine how supportive I am, of this project and your settlements work in general... keep it up man! Really!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Got to admit I think at times MTW3 will probably be out before this but such is life.
    But i doubt MTW3 will be so mod-friendly if ETW / NTW is anything to go by.

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne
    Wilddog you can't imagine how supportive I am, of this project and your settlements work in general... keep it up man! Really!
    Thanks for that. I'm progressing quite well on the IWTE tool and Makanyane is testing on her settlement. I'm just trying to sort out a bit more on some of the basic bits we need just to make sure we aren't going to end up redoing things. Hoping to be able to get moving on a particular settlement I'm working on over Easter. I'm testing some enhancements in the tool at the same time but some of the new bits take a little while for me to work out - and I'm a bit selfish as I'm concentrating on the bits we need - though in the end they're the standard bits anyway. The method for adding in the animations/collisions for standard walls seems to work great and looks to be straight forward to add in the ladder and ram points also but I still need to test.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov
    But i doubt MTW3 will be so mod-friendly if ETW / NTW is anything to go by.
    Rozanov - hope things are well. I haven't bought either of those 2 yet. Probably skip them for the next series as its taking me that long on the mod

Amazing looking mod, best of luck with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Aéd Liath
    Amazing looking mod, best of luck with it!
    Thank you. The Irish are well represented and hopefully the mod will do them justice. We created new units and appropriate cavalry units for them.

Kamakai's Avatar Biarchus

Looking good keep it up.

Lord de Lyonesse's Avatar Campidoctor

Look forward to it's completion. Reckon you'll be done for the summer?
    GSTK: Richard Trevelyan [47] - Lord of Lyonesse

Hresvelgr's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm now fully behind this mod. Looks better than anything else and I can hardly bear to play even DLV without the awesome units and features this mod is promising. I think you will do the Irish justice, and I'm even more excited for non-cliched Scotsmen. Are you going to go in a similar direction to that "Lion Rampant" WiP or are you gonna incorporate it or something? Because it looks ace.

And even if M3TW came out before this, I'd still prefer this. Mainly because of CA's track record of basing everything off of movies that are widely derided for being historically inaccurate. In addition to the woad-painted kilt-wearing highlanders, the models for the Mayan priests and king are lifted directly, and in practically copyright-infringement level, off of Apocalypto.
    I'm not crazy, I'm the only one who's not crazy!

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

I simply Cannot wait to play a decent campaign as the Welsh. At last! Please hurry.

Wow, the Welsh sure are getting an inordinate amount of attention, especially for a people who have but one faction in the mod. Guess I'll have to change into the Scots fanboy, lol.

Lord de Lyonesse's Avatar Campidoctor

Cannot to play as an independent Cornwall for once.
    GSTK: Richard Trevelyan [47] - Lord of Lyonesse

I still think these guys should create a preview thread showing all the new stuff they made. Would gather a lot of publicity if it made the front page, which judging by the quality of the stuff I've seen already it would stand a good chance at. Also, with that publicity maybe folks with modding skills might take notice. But to be honest, I'm mostly advocating it because I haven't seen enough of the Scots or especially the Welsh besides the captain figure and a glimpse of Welsh soldiers in one screenshot.

Agis Tournas's Avatar ★ Modder-at-Arms ★

I am pretty sure that makanyane & wilddog like to work alone...
    They do not need any particular assistance, since they are two of the best modders in the TWC forum.
    As for the preview, I just trust their judgement.
    They will make it when they feel it will serve their purpose.
    A mini-mod is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!

Son of Agisilaos / Grandson of jimkatalanos / Great-grandson of Garbarsardar

Quote Originally Posted by Hresvelgr View Post
    Also, with that publicity maybe folks with modding skills might take notice.
    I doubt there is a single serious MTW2 modder who is not aware of the excellent work been done here. Some people just prefer to get on with things quietly.
    Last edited by The Bruce; April 27, 2010 at 05:19 AM.

@ Agis Tournas & The Bruce
    Thanks for the compliments for both Makanyane and myself. We've been fairly quiet for two reasons. Partially work on my side (too hectic and frustrating) at the moment and then also still the settlement progress taking too long (tied to my first excuse).

I booked some time off work to try and make some progress and crack a couple of things but this is a long way off before we preview anything.