Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Progress thread

Default Re: Progress thread

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    Great to see this mod revived. There was another mod being developed until early 2019 which looked very, very promising and concerned the same timeframe and scope, called Albion Total War: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/foru...bion-Total-War.
    The modder, "Zantorian", made some truly amazing work in terms of UI, traits, ancs and map, but sadly it really seems the mod has been abandoned. Joining forces/assets, perhaps? Just my 2 cents, anyway. Cheers!
    Zantorian very kindly contacted us and offered use of parts from Albion, and even more kindly offered to help on PKH!

He's already done a lot of work for us in a very short period of time so we now have some lovely new UI and fixed (desaturated, distressed and generally much improved) shields and banners!

I've been messing with strat-models (mainly to get shadows back for all cultures) but have also incorporated some models and ideas from Albion.

I'll post a new preview thread to show off some of the new and re-vamped bits soon.

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Zantorian very kindly contacted us and offered use of parts from Albion, and even more kindly offered to help on PKH!

He's already done a lot of work for us in a very short period of time so we now have some lovely new UI and fixed (desaturated, distressed and generally much improved) shields and banners!

I've been messing with strat-models (mainly to get shadows back for all cultures) but have also incorporated some models and ideas from Albion.

I'll post a new preview thread to show off some of the new and re-vamped bits soon.
    That's great news! Zantorian did an amazing job in his mod, notably on terms of unique castles and cities models on the strat map, buildings' 2D cards and tree, ancillaries and traits, and was implementing very interesting concepts concerning agents (if I remember correctly with several types of priests/friars, justiciars, and other things) and seasons (with autum and spring instead of winter and summer), among other innovations. Can't wait to see the first previews of the "merging".

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    That's great news! Zantorian did an amazing job in his mod, notably on terms of unique castles and cities models on the strat map, buildings' 2D cards and tree, ancillaries and traits, and was implementing very interesting concepts concerning agents (if I remember correctly with several types of priests/friars, justiciars, and other things) and seasons (with autum and spring instead of winter and summer), among other innovations. Can't wait to see the first previews of the "merging".
    I've not got far enough to look at campaign/script concepts yet (at the moment I can't actually remember how far we got with any of that!) I've been stuck in strat-map and battle-map visual stuff for a long while!

There's a little preview started here showing the banners and flags he's overhauled for us.

I don't think we're going the full Autumn route - as we've got a reasonably developed winter with a variance from full snow > partial snow > autumn, to avoid having the full snow effect over all the country. (And we already have the strat trees and textures for that)

Have been sorting climates a bit so we have more of Britain that stays in Autumn mode without snow in 'winter' - currently trying to bodge up some autumn battle-map vegetation

currently spending much too long trying to get bracken to look realistic...

That looks neat already, very nice touch. Sending good vibes your way

Hello there! Any new...news?

I've been back in IWTE land trying to sort out bits for improved ladder mechanics:

We got to a version that goes up at the front - and will allow the ground near the wall to slope more without the ladder going wonky:

There's been some 'frustrations' in trying to fine-tune the traversable network for the ladder though:

(that was using a deliberately silly value - but the file applies the 'distance' value for the path a little strangely...!)

The top video is using the current WIP castle which has an improved texture and shape. Bottom vid is on old castle.

nice little wheels on the ladders!
    getting older

We now have a discord channel - see sig. There's nothing there yet but if you want to join and say "hi" please do.

As usual I've been distracted testing stuff for IWTE... however, as next IWTE release is starting to cover unit animations, PKH is getting archers with animated bowstrings and actual arrows

though looking at them has reminded me they need their hair sorting out, and the kinks in their arms

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

As usual I've been distracted testing stuff for IWTE... however, as next IWTE release is starting to cover unit animations, PKH is getting archers with animated bowstrings and actual arrows

though looking at them has reminded me they need their hair sorting out, and the kinks in their arms
    In my Tutorial about making animated archers there is a link for an update by FabiusBile placing arrows in proper place in the hand holding the bow.
    ALL you need to do is overwrite his newest files over Banzai's animation pack to have the result you see in my tutorial.
    Edit:
    If you inteand to have high poly models carrying both bows and swords/axes on both active and passive position like this , then open our Cavalarii_archers model and see each group and its own comments.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; October 21, 2020 at 03:35 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    In my Tutorial about making animated archers there is a link for an update by FabiusBile placing arrows in proper place in the hand holding the bow.
    ALL you need to do is overwrite his newest files over Banzai's animation pack to have the result you see in my tutorial.
    Edit:
    If you inteand to have high poly models carrying both bows and swords/axes on both active and passive position like this , then open our Cavalarii_archers model and see each group and its own comments.
    I'm not using Banzai's pack - I'm starting from scratch and have added one bone for the string and one for the arrow, so far I haven't used a separate offset bone and I don't think the bow curve is looking tooo bad! (I know I'm re-inventing the wheel a bit, but am trying to learn Blender and test out new IWTE functions at the same time...)

mmmmm, good point about the bow dissappearing - I haven't done anything about that yet, but could do. A similar principle is working for the knife (the knife handle dissappears from the holster, when he's using it as secondary weapon)

Do you know what the limit for number of bones in battle-map models is??? Strat map seemed to be 24 + scene root.

I haveno clew about the lommit but banzai's and fabiusbile animations plus markhaselb's skeletons use one or two more bones.
    Carefull thought. The group comments have a strict limmitation about the 0 end of them.
    primaryactive0
    primarypassive0
    secondaryactive0
    secondarypassive0
    shield0
    weapons0
    You have to choose only 4 of them. All the rest of groups must have simple name and comments without 0. Otheirwisethe "warrior" uses weapons and accesories in strange way.
    Personally use the 4 top ones by merging shields with weapons when nessesary otherwise i name the shields as:
    Code:
    shield
    shield_01
    Vanilla game uses :
    Code:
    Shield0
    shield_01
    But vanilla models do not have visible secondary weapons.
    You can have as many groups as you like.
    I use group names for almost every 3d part on my models that reach 12500 polys average.
    Take a look in our Aristocrat:

He has actually three weapons.
    Lance
    Mace
    Sword
    One of them is decorative (in his case the mace) so the comment is
    Code:
    mace
    mace_01
    The lance is his primary weapon and the sword (in that stance only the hundle on the scabbard) is his secondary.
    If you use the comment shield0 for his shields there is no quaranty that the warrior will use the same sword in both active and passive stances.
    But in his case he has 4 swords
    So the comments are:
    Code:
    secondarypassive0
    sword_01
    Code:
    secondaryactive0
    sword_01
    That makes sure that the warrior will use the same sword in both cases .
    The opposite happens in these guys.

Their swords are decorative so their comments are:
    Code:
    sword
    sword_01
    etc...
    And their maces are the secondary weapon.
    Again in order to have the same mace in every soldier in both passive and active use we name the maces with the same names but...
    Code:
    secondaryactive0
    mace_01
    Code:
    secondarypassive0
    mace_01
    etc untill you comment all scimilar groups.
    In their case they use 3 maces and a axe (as mace of course).
    Each of these unts
    use:
    5 heads
    5 helmets
    4 bodies
    5 legs
    4 swords
    5 shields
    4 maces
    two kind of 3d belts.

If you have bodies with actuall separate armor you can make more varietions without increasing the texture.
    These guys use lammelar armor.

In their texture there are only 4 bodies.
    But in the model:
    The tunica (sleaves and low part) is one group and the armor is another.
    S0 all 4 tunics can apear with every 4 armors making more visible varietions.
    I hope i helped a bit.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; October 25, 2020 at 02:43 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Thanks!

I've seen
    primaryactive1
    etc. in a lot of existing model meshes (and it's also in the .exe like primaryactive0)

do you know what that is meant to do? and if it is functional??

Thanks!

I've seen
    primaryactive1
    etc. in a lot of existing model meshes (and it's also in the .exe like primaryactive0)

do you know what that is meant to do? and if it is functional??
    I haven't messed with vanilla models enough to know the factional of the primaryactive1 . It maybe a left ovr Rome I.
    But i might be wrong because just like the vanilla havelinmen animation that even vanilla game did not use it maybe a hiden abillity (see my last post in IWTE about them).
    Soo far you need to know a basic rule if you want high detailed models like my examples with primary and secondary weapons shown in proper places.
    Every main weapon has comment primaryactive0 the same time the secondary weapon has secondarypassive0 comment. When the unit changes weapons then the main weapon either disapears (espesialy lng lances knights use) or goes to an other place on the model (see my archers example). In that case the secondary weapons have comment secondaryactive0 and the primary weapon (if still visible) comment primaryactive0 primarypassive0 .
    That is usefull if you have 4 scimilar weapons (lets supose knives) and you want to ensure that the warrior that starts with a spesific knofe in his belt (supose he is an archer) continues to use the same when use it for combat.
    The same knives (as example) MUST HAVE SAME NAME.
    The knives in belt when archer uses bow must be in the proper space and assigned to proper bones and the knives in hands must be assigned in bone_rhand .
    IN our example lets supose that you use 4 knives of diferent colors white , blue, red, brown.
    In order the warrior that has the white knife in his belt he will use it in his hand also.
    Then you name the white knife
    Code:
    secondaryactive0
    knife_01
    Code:
    secondarypassive0
    knife_01
    the same way yougive same names for the rest of the knives and you are sure that they will use the same weapon through out the entire battle.
    The same apllies for primary weapons (lets say bows) if they use diferent shapes and colors.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; October 23, 2020 at 04:36 AM.

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

@AnthoniusII, thank you for the detailed information.

Bow in bone_Lhand!

Thanks for the info on group names, I wasn't planning on doing a lot with coloured weapons, there will be some variety but probably not enough that you'd notice a unit switching... quite a lot of our armies will be at the upgraded peasant type appearance so the face is probably going to be the noticeable feature - hence I've been playing with a new slightly higher poly head and mix and match detachable hair. This is using 3 heads and 5 hair pieces, needs a bit of work, and you can't have too much variation in hair/skin colour within the unit.

(body will have some varieties, I'm just using the one while I sort it out)

Very good work.
    Don't worry about the first results. As long each group is assigned to proper bone don't worry.
    We used to take MARKA bodies as examples but I was fortunate enough to have modelers like Absinthia, Mattheus, Sumskilz and skinners like Pacco and Leif Erikson and others to give me enough primary material to make my own experiments. Everythong on these guys are 3d (even the shield belts) -Absithia was a pioneer on such details. So I had good teachers and now I return the favor.
    Now the next lesson about "Gravity".
    Take a look on these soldiers marching.

Its a spearment unit and the sword/scabbards groups are decorative to show that in reality soldiers did use swords also.
    But take a close look how the scabbard are close to bodies without cliping with them and give a sence of gravity (pointing to the ground). In milkshake there is a distance between sword/scabbards from bodies depending if they are on foot or horsemen. Allso the bone assignment is different inboth caces because horsemen tent to bring their upperlegs infront while on horse back. So open our oue skoutatoi and cavalarii models and see the distances from the bodies and bone assignments.
    If ypu are going use 3d belts like in the example make sure that the vertices that touch the scabbards have the same bone assignment with them to avoiding having vertices on the air!
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; October 24, 2020 at 03:41 AM.

Thanks for the info on group names, I wasn't planning on doing a lot with coloured weapons, there will be some variety but probably not enough that you'd notice a unit switching... quite a lot of our armies will be at the upgraded peasant type appearance so the face is probably going to be the noticeable feature - hence I've been playing with a new slightly higher poly head and mix and match detachable hair. This is using 3 heads and 5 hair pieces, needs a bit of work, and you can't have too much variation in hair/skin colour within the unit.

(body will have some varieties, I'm just using the one while I sort it out)
    Don't stay in the word "colored" because it was an example.
    Lord_Calidor's weapon pack for example offers a large variety of maces and swords (that might have to shrink them a bit) -that you may use them for your knights.
    To ensure that a knight uses the same sword in scabbard and the same sword in hand -that is where the colored weapons comes into- you need to name the weapons with same names both as passive and active.

Here is another example of our Aristocrats -this time in action-. Both hold swords in their hands . When the battle started they had the same swords in their scabbards (ofcourse only the handle of it) in every case.
    The unit uses 4 different sword types so the comment thing was nessesary.
    You will nottice that the closest has a decorative axe on his belt. Our cataphracts use that axe as primary weapon instead of swords. So inorder to ensure that a cataphract that starts with one of the three maces or the axe as secondary passive , was names "mace" in the comments. That way every warrior that starts with an axe in his belt he continues to use axe in the battle.

In that case: ignore the comment in [] is for your info.
    Code:
    secondarypassive0
    mace_01 [mace type 1] 
    Code:
    secondarypassive0
    mace_02 [mace type 2] 
    Code:
    secondarypassive0
    mace_03 [mace type 3] 
    Code:
    secondarypassive0
    mace_04 [axe ] 
    and...
    Code:
    secondaryactive0
    mace_01 [mace type 1] 
    Code:
    secondaryactive0
    mace_02 [mace type 2] 
    Code:
    secondaryactive0
    mace_03 [mace type 3] 
    Code:
    secondaryactive0
    mace_04 [axe] 
    .... The result:

Now enjoy your creations.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; October 25, 2020 at 03:18 AM.