Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Progress thread

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Default Re: Progress thread

Models and animations are being generated via versions of IWTE. We stopped using milkshape and switched to blender to modify things as its a much more mature software now.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15980017

aaaahhhh, it would obviously help if the .cfg file with the 'widescreen' command was actually the .cfg my .bat file was calling - I thought that used to work better

More accurate pic of proportions

(ignore the grey - he's in the middle of having his texture sorted)

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    aaaahhhh, it would obviously help if the .cfg file with the 'widescreen' command was actually the .cfg my .bat file was calling - I thought that used to work better

More accurate pic of proportions

(ignore the grey - he's in the middle of having his texture sorted)
    Yes now they look natural!
    As for blender...Milkshape is more helpfullof me because i rarely create 3d objects from the scratch . I call my self modding Frankestein because you wont believe one of each of my models has parts of douzens of others! Also an object can be many different things with proper textures and bone assignments than you can imagine.
    Take a look of our shield leather hundles made by Absinthia.

The same stripes created detailed greaves!

And finally one of the most difficult to make is the famous leather helmet stripes of byzantine helmets. I tried many "houds" but the texture was messy. So i took several of these stripes you see in the examples above and create the famous helmet leather parts with great accuracy.

Watch how the right soldier's helmet leather stripes follow his shoulder .Each one of these stripes is not a single texture but several 3d stripes assigned together!
    Conclusion. You do not have to re-invade the weel but use your imagination of what parts can be used for other uses.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

can we just try and keep this to PKH related please.
    Last edited by wilddog; January 01, 2021 at 01:49 AM.

I've been going back over our militia units - partly to get everything on the same skeletons (we've taken the clavicle bones out to use as 'cloak bones' for units with cloaks) and also to switch to improved heads and hair, less rectangular arms, and 'skirts' which have a pleat instead of stretchy inset.

This is the level 2 upgrade of our Town Militia - they're the lowest unit so even upgraded they just get some padding, no metalwork...

That's for a predominantly red coloured faction - we're trying to keep the faction colouring quite subtle, but do need some as there are about a dozen factions with the same unit rosta!

This is those guys fighting the same unit where the opposing side is currently predominantly green/blue.

looking very good,nice to see two flag beares fighting against each other.
    getting older

Thanks! The flag bearers look good doing that, though I wish they were a bit less suicidal!

I got fed up with the three-fingered hands, so just did a bit of a re-work on hands and added some arm so sleave length can vary. (and also did a test run to check I could get lod1's down to a reasonable size without too much hassle!)

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Where does the King keep those armies you added?

In his Sleeveies :p
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

-rep for King Athelstan!

Re-done Gallowglass - they're in darker chain-mail than we had before, which I think looks better... unfortunately that does mean I/we should re-do quite a lot of the other units with mail upgrades

the peasant revolt was quickly ended,very nice!
    getting older

Hi there chaps, is there some new stuff behind the curtains?

A good source of chain mail is Sumskilz's Abid al shira model. I use it in black (cheap iron) and steel versions. Do you wish me to sent it to you?
    Look post 563 for the black one. Also i could sent you a sample with a body that allows chain mail to show the color beneath it (it was something Leif Erikson tought me).
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; April 27, 2021 at 10:58 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Foederatus

Hi there, any significant updates on the mod ? Looks really good so far !

We've been distracted by trying to sort out some IWTE tool things for Rome Remastered for the last month or so, wilddog still is, but I'm getting back into PKH.

I was trying to sort out the campaign and ownerships for a slightly earlier start date at 1274, then got into realising some of the castle strat models needed to be backdated as the large castles at Rhuddlan etc weren't built till later... In the process of that I started improving all the strat models! A lot of the strat models are now a combination of Albion and PKH components scaled and adapted to fit in with each other. Our old unique castle models are getting a bit of a rescale and re-texture job.

Old London on left, new version with Zantorian's King Edward and his London Walls and Monastery for Westminster:

Old Dover on left, retextured and scaled version with fixed cliffs on right:

Old Lancaster versus retexured:

Hedingham which didn't have a specific model before. Hedingham/Lancaster models will also get used for some other castles which were mainly a Norman square keep. I'm trying to rationalise the 'fixed' castles that you can't upgrade... because you're not really going to knock down a Norman keep and turn it into something else! And the smaller Welsh old Motte and Bailey sites which the English factions could upgrade into the Rhuddlan style castles if they occupy them.

And generic town, with city in the background, our cities have a sort of minor castle look to suit places like Norwich/York which need to be cities but were walled with a castle inside the walls.

Foederatus

Thanks for the reply, those models looks absolutely beautiful, really looking foward for this mod, keep up the awesome work !
    Last edited by Gh4m3_Gh0st; May 28, 2021 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Totally agreed, those models are amazing. The only mod I can think of with so many diversity on the campaign map is Game of Thrones: Fire and Blood. Where are you on the unit/faction department?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

No, I'm not drooling, you are. Stop looking at me. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

I must have it!
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Linkie to the Rome Remastered PKH thread here

We're working on a quick version for Remastered... before possibly coming back to the M2 version!

Wilddog has been doing a lot of testing and development work getting IWTE to generate the 3d map mesh and textures for Remastered and we've grown to really like the possibilities!

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    We've been distracted by trying to sort out some IWTE tool things for Rome Remastered for the last month or so, wilddog still is, but I'm getting back into PKH.

I was trying to sort out the campaign and ownerships for a slightly earlier start date at 1274, then got into realising some of the castle strat models needed to be backdated as the large castles at Rhuddlan etc weren't built till later... In the process of that I started improving all the strat models! A lot of the strat models are now a combination of Albion and PKH components scaled and adapted to fit in with each other. Our old unique castle models are getting a bit of a rescale and re-texture job.

Old London on left, new version with Zantorian's King Edward and his London Walls and Monastery for Westminster:

Old Dover on left, retextured and scaled version with fixed cliffs on right:

Old Lancaster versus retexured:

Hedingham which didn't have a specific model before. Hedingham/Lancaster models will also get used for some other castles which were mainly a Norman square keep. I'm trying to rationalise the 'fixed' castles that you can't upgrade... because you're not really going to knock down a Norman keep and turn it into something else! And the smaller Welsh old Motte and Bailey sites which the English factions could upgrade into the Rhuddlan style castles if they occupy them.

And generic town, with city in the background, our cities have a sort of minor castle look to suit places like Norwich/York which need to be cities but were walled with a castle inside the walls.

What do you do and have so many unique start_map models for almost each castle and city?