Page 1 of 30 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Progress thread

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Default Progress thread

Thought I'd start a progress thread so people know what's going on.

At the moment things are a little quiet on the surface. Below that though we are still heavily into modding models and textures (and there is a lot still to do).

Mak has been concentrating on the horses and I've been concentrating on the unit models which has also meant me redoing the EDB and EDU files as I add in the revised versions of the models.

Last week I took some vacation to concentrate on the mod but as usual got diverted a bit. Whilst doing a reasonable amount on the mod (and a bit of a catch up on some other things) I still didn't get through what I hoped. This I must admit was partially due to the weather and a desire by me to go and visit Abbey-cwm-hir (again) and a bunch of castles.

Anyway back on topic I found out some more useful info and then decided to amend the main campaign map slightly. We have some new horses to show but I just need to rebuild the appropriate riders (I've also been converting to 1.5 and organising the mod a bit better) and the Welsh faction is progressing well so hopefully won't be too long before I get some faction specific previews up.

Default Re: Progress thread

gl with ur mod keep up the great work

Thanks for the update!

renegade765's Avatar Civis

yea good work so far!

The last few days have been down to watching some of the comments on the colours poll and then trying to sort out the basic faction texture colours. This is progressing quite well although no doubt I'll come back to some later on (but they're fine for now).

Concentration has been on some of the basic units. These are quite 'plain' but thats a bit more realistic.

Next concentration is on the base shields which I'm planning to also simplify (Already did that for one faction a few weeks back) and decided I prefer that look.

Basically been doing textures (70+) over the last few days. Still a bit of tidying up to do but that's where the time has been going (Mak and I). They are only the basic textures and the upgrades for one line of models though but do keep some commonality with the faction colours (too confusing otherwise but still trying to keep clear of uniforms).

I also did some minor amendments to some of the basic models (basically tied to shield types).

Also started the setup (for 1.5) to add in some of the general/captain figures (battle) as they're a bit more interesting to texture

I still have to add back into 1.5 the strat models and the strat map TGA's but thats just a tidying exercise (as I amend path names and model names at the same time).

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog View Post
    Basically been doing textures (70+) over the last few days. Still a bit of tidying up to do but that's where the time has been going (Mak and I). They are only the basic textures and the upgrades for one line of models though but do keep some commonality with the faction colours (too confusing otherwise but still trying to keep clear of uniforms).

I also did some minor amendments to some of the basic models (basically tied to shield types).

Also started the setup (for 1.5) to add in some of the general/captain figures (battle) as they're a bit more interesting to texture

I still have to add back into 1.5 the strat models and the strat map TGA's but thats just a tidying exercise (as I amend path names and model names at the same time).
    Very Nice.

Keep the good work

wow gl

NagatsukaShumi's Avatar Tiro

Fantastic as ever wilddog, I am so pleased to see this project flourishing! Thanks for dropping into Kingmaker too, I am slowly recovering and able to use the PC more so may be able to fill my bored moments with modding!

As ever, fantastic work.
    :::

Nag - Good to hear from you. Hopefully you're starting to recover.

We're still heavily into texturing (still the boring ones). Some rework on some of the ones we did last week (Mak's tidying those up) and I've been setting the base for the next base infantry unit.

As said we decided to link some of the colours used on the units to the faction colours to help aid some recognition although there is quite a lot of overlap (thats mainly because there are a lot of factions with red/yellow or Blue/White combinations for example and there are only so many shades are that really noticeable.). It also means some colours are more in use than they would be (eg white) but we decided we needed to use it.

I also checked out one of the bugs pre 1.5 patch that I wasn't sure was fixed (it was a family tree thing) but it certainly seems OK so that will support a script I had planned.

Well this week has gone mostly still doing textures (Mak doing most of that.. and bored silly with it ).
    I've been fiddling around a bit on shields (which are also quite plain) and then decided to sort out the lod0,1,2,3 versions of some of the models.

i think you should do a preview to get more people in here ... i cant wait for this , keep up the good work

Thanks for the comments

We hope to have some other previews up soon - unfortunately we are having a phase of tidying up the boring stuff. Lods, sprites and unit cards... necessary but not especially interesting!

Fatastic project!!

And good luck on your mod.

OK this week we were trying to sort out some of the boring things :-
    - unit cards we started to produce some of these but they take quite a while (at least where we needed one per faction).
    - Unit_info cards have just been started.
    - Lod1,2,3, for another set of models is well underway.
    - Lod4 for some horses has been created.
    - Sprites for a lot of the infantry units have been created (bit of a cheat as after experimenting and discovering a few things we decided a basic default sprite worked best)
    - EDB primarily being updated to bring in line with required units (and EDU). Although this is mostly adding the correct names into the build queues (rather than concentrating on the build factors and unit attributes).

+rep
    Amazing work wilddog if you cab help me with milkshape please see this thread
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...73#post3176773
    Last edited by daxter; June 15, 2008 at 12:47 PM.

Finally getting near the end of the basic EDB set-up. Need to complete the castle (core building) bit and then a bit of tidying up and later sorting out the guild buildings (I still need to give some thought to their units). After this it will be returning to some of the modeling to complete the basic models in line with EDB.

I was browsing through another mod's thread when I stumbled across wilddog's attractive signature. It reminded me of the good old Medieval Barbarian Invasion campaign. I had been thinking about reinstalling it, but I may have found an alternative with your mod

I've been impressed by the amount of work you put into your mod, despite not enjoying the recognition you'd deserve. I especially like the fact that you favour simplicity over fancy/shiny models.

I hope your efforts will pay off one day or another. I'll definitely keep an eye on this forum from now on.
    "... the first design of speech was to persuade others; either to give credit to what the speaking person would have them believe; or else to act or suffer such things, as he would compel them to act or suffer, if they are entirely in his power." Mandeville (1670-1733)

Under the Patronage of MareNostrum

gubbs's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog View Post
    Finally getting near the end of the basic EDB set-up. Need to complete the castle (core building) bit and then a bit of tidying up and later sorting out the guild buildings (I still need to give some thought to their units). After this it will be returning to some of the modeling to complete the basic models in line with EDB.
    Good to hear you are still working on the mod.

I'm still checking in periodically .. and still await the results with enthusiasm!

Page 1 of 30 123456789101126 ... LastLast