Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: ROP v2.2 Released - [Patch 2.22 Available!]

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Default Re: ROP v2.2 Released - [Patch 2.22 Available!]

Rez

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f View Post

about Parthia: they were still more or less nomads in this timeframe; not at all capable of building an empire (neither were the Skudata, Masaka and Bessoi, btw) and if we'd add Parthia then that area would be crowded with too much factions (India, Baktria, Parthia & Masaka)
    I don't think there will be any problems to have a crowded area since the greece is also crowded.

and about parthia : they was never nomads but in your time frame they weren't 100 % a kingdom they were a tribe just like the persians before the rise of persia and served as vassels to the mighty median empire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

they was never nomads
    Trust me; they were.
    /discussion

Trust me; they were.
    /discussion
    BRING IT ON !!!! LOL hahaha. no I don't want to discust about this time frame but about parthians being nomads hmmmm it depends what you exactly mean by saying nomad.
    I think the Arabs , the Khazars , and usally desert poeple , but I don't think that parthians were IF you have any prove I will gladly listen to it.
    anyways I think that the parthians will make this mod very awesome but thats up to it's develop team.
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis

BRING IT ON !!!! LOL hahaha. no I don't want to discust about this time frame but about parthians being nomads hmmmm it depends what you exactly mean by saying nomad.
    I think the Arabs , the Khazars , and usally desert poeple , but I don't think that parthians were IF you have any prove I will gladly listen to it.
    anyways I think that the parthians will make this mod very awesome but thats up to it's develop team.
    Well, the Parthians didn't constantly move to new areas like, for example, the Saka, but they weren't urbanized at this time either, so they basically roamed their land (Parthia itself) as herders.

There will probably be Parthian AOR units of course, but a faction? Not for v3, at least

Well, the Parthians didn't constantly move to new areas like, for example, the Saka, but they weren't urbanized at this time either, so they basically roamed their land (Parthia itself) as herders.

There will probably be Parthian AOR units of course, but a faction? Not for v3, at least
    that's cool, by the way It would be very great but that doesn't matters .
    now if you don't mind CAN I GET A UNIT PREVIEW OR NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and how much does it takes for the V3 to be released ? I can't wait for it, this mod is just the best mod for RTW
    BOM to Kakabis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthia

and this is a page from WP to prove that the parthians was a faction in the time of Cyrus the great. BUT as I said I don't want to push you guys to do this it's up to you.
    good luck Brothers
    BOM to Kakabis

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

They were nomads, stop doing that, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    They were nomads, stop doing that, man.
    ok
    BOM to Kakabis

hey I have just started a persian campaign in your mod and I have found something very wierd.

did you guys made a tempel for the "DEAVES" !
    deaves was magical creatures in legend not gods : "Deaves (demons) was evil creatures living in the mountains of mazandaran" Shahnameh of Ferdoosi.

Ariyans were zoroastarians since the came to Iran so most of them prayed the one and onley god like Cristians, muslims and... which the called Ahura Mazda, BUT there was also some other gods which were prayed :

Ahura mazda - god of gods
    Zurvan - god of time and fait
    Ahriman - god of darkness
    Mithra - god of light
    anahita - god of water

and some few others. also I'm just trying to help so I never mean to offend any 1. good luck , I'm just love this mod
    BOM to Kakabis

Can't give you any info on that - I only joined the team when they were already starting production on v3.

I just thought that a tempel shoud be for a god not a creature for exampel you can't make a tempel of pygasus for the greeks. Right ?

But thank you anyway and keep up the good work the mod have some small problems but that's expected since the mod is still young.
    I wished I coud help But I don't know any thing about making mods , do the onley thing I can do is to prey for you guys, I hope 1 day this mod become the best mod ever.
    good luck brothers.

and by the way is there any persians in your team?
    BOM to Kakabis

Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    Ariyans were zoroastarians since the came to Iran so most of them prayed the one and onley god like Cristians, muslims and... which the called Ahura Mazda, BUT there was also some other gods which were prayed :

Ahura mazda - god of gods
    Zurvan - god of time and fait
    Ahriman - god of darkness
    Mithra - god of light
    anahita - god of water

and some few others. also I'm just trying to help so I never mean to offend any 1. good luck , I'm just love this mod
    Weren't those the Yazata? It's about the same as angels in christianity.

Anakarsis's Avatar Biarchus

Parthians did not fell early to Achaemenid hegemony? Not in 559 BC, but surely before Cyrus death?

Quote Originally Posted by Anakarsis View Post
    Parthians did not fell early to Achaemenid hegemony? Not in 559 BC, but surely before Cyrus death?
    They did fall under Achaemenid rule, hence why they later claimed to be the Shahanshahan. They were more or less the same people as the Medes, Persians and Bactrians, just that they were nomadic.

Weren't those the Yazata? It's about the same as angels in christianity.
    yeah nearly . but they still had their own preyers and tempels. so the most commen god was Ahura Mazda. BUT Zurvan is also known as a god not and angel.

the zurvanism zoroastarians belive that Zurvan are the father of Hormazd (Ahura Mazda) and Ahriman.

wich are presenting good and evil . they belive that ahriman is Ahuras evil twin brother which will fight ahura till one of them losses (which will be the end of the world)
    BOM to Kakabis

They did fall under Achaemenid rule, hence why they later claimed to be the Shahanshahan. They were more or less the same people as the Medes, Persians and Bactrians, just that they were nomadic.
    emm so you think that they were a faction in ROPs time frame right?

anyways what do you exactly mean by the word NOMAD ?
    BOM to Kakabis

NOMAD
    In my mouth it means any culture that isn't based around Urban territory and depends on horses

No. Nomads are people without a fixed location - not settled.

No. Nomads are people without a fixed location - not settled.
    oh my god , so that's what nomad means (people that don't stay in a special place and have no special homeland and travel in all their live ?)

till now I thought that nomads are the same as barbarians (you know : savege and wild people) with the diference that they live in the deserts.

in that case are you guy's sure that parthian were nomads , I have hurt that the place (todays Khorasan) was actually called Prathe which was homeland of the Parthians.
    BOM to Kakabis