Thread: Are Dismounted Broken Lances nonexistent?

Icon5 Are Dismounted Broken Lances nonexistent?

You can recruit them in custom battles, but not in the campaign. The Royal Barracks only allows you to recruit Broken Lances which is of course heavy cavalry. Is this a mistake?

Also, if there is any way someone can explain to me how to alter this so I can recruit Dismounted Broken Lances I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance .
    Last edited by Volcan; May 08, 2008 at 06:44 AM.

Default Re: Dismounted Broken Lances as Genoa?

I'm guessing typo? I don't know how you can recruit HC from inf barracks .

Are you able to recruit them in your campaign yet? If you can recruit one and see if it is dismounted or not.

If you've already done that I have no solution, but then I know very little about modding .
    "...Boldly they rode and well,
    Into the jaws of Death,
    Into the mouth of Hell
    Rode the six hundred.
    " - Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

Default Re: Dismounted Broken Lances as Genoa?

Quote Originally Posted by Australia View Post
    I'm guessing typo? I don't know how you can recruit HC from inf barracks .

Are you able to recruit them in your campaign yet? If you can recruit one and see if it is dismounted or not.

If you've already done that I have no solution, but then I know very little about modding .
    Actually I was just checking some units. If you start a Genoa campaign and look at the Royal Barracks unit list it clearly shows Broken Lances. It's not a typo. Broken Lance picture, stats, abilities, everything.

Default Re: Are Dismounted Broken Lances nonexistent?

With RR:

royal_armoury city requires factions { turks, venice, milan, portugal, spain, aragon, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Broken Lances" 1 0.5 2 0 requires factions { milan, venice, } and event_counter grote_mandenke 1

I don't have an install without RR, but just open up export_descr_buildings, and use the find feature for dismounted broken lances.

Quote Originally Posted by Schweizergarde View Post
    With RR:

royal_armoury city requires factions { turks, venice, milan, portugal, spain, aragon, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Broken Lances" 1 0.5 2 0 requires factions { milan, venice, } and event_counter grote_mandenke 1

I don't have an install without RR, but just open up export_descr_buildings, and use the find feature for dismounted broken lances.
    I looked and it only says that Sicily has them. Odd.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

You need to wait for the grote madenke event to happen (Turn 188) to recruit Dismounted Broken Lances, as you can see from the EDB entry listed above

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team