Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Africanus/Julius (II)

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Africanus/Julius

Illyria still needs to be organised by the new consul.
    So it will remain under the control of Rome for about 6 to 8 months.
    I believe it should be ratified once we know that the greeks will not turn on us.
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

the greeks will turn on us we should make it a perminent conslur province
    the greeks have littel honor left of what they once had an theyer king is mad!
    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."Sun-tzu
    Chinese general & military strategist (~400 BC`)

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

It will be a consular province but like all provinces before it, it must first be managed by Rome herself before we give it to the likes of any governer.
    Cisalpine was not a province for three years because of the uprisings and war with the greeks.
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

true but the war is over romanistation can begin much qiker.
    next year we will have a province of illirya, right?
    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."Sun-tzu

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Quintus Marius stands on the steps to the Curia and inhales deeply. It's good to be back, he thought. Striding into the Curia, he hears many things on debate. Provinces, a treaty, Gauls, Greeks.... He attempts to make sense of it all as he sits down in one of the front rows. After listening for a while, he gets up to speak:

Esteemed Senators,

As you can see, I have returned seasoned from the mountain air of the Alps, yet disgusted from the stench of the Gallic armies I have fought. It seems the Senate has had a relatively idle term, with more debating and arguing going on than actual passing of laws or giving orders to the proconsuls and consuls. The only major event that I can see from this term is Marcus Lucretius' magnificent achievement in negotiating a treaty with the Spartan King. His manner seemed slightly dispicable for a man coming to ask for peace.

However, things must be done, and the thing that must now be done, is to focus on what to do on the Gallic front. Almost a year before, I proposed in one of my reports about the taking of Aventicum and the moving of the front further way from Italian soil. My relative Sextus Julius has informed me of the discussions, but for the whole year, no decision has been made, while I sit in my tent day after day watching the occasional Gallic patrol at the foot of the Alps, and not being able to do a thing because of my commitment to the orders of the Senate which have been just to defend the border.

So, work has to be done, Conscript Fathers. The more time we waste in indecision, the longer the Gauls have to rebuild the great armies that they destroyed. As I have reported, the Gauls can now roll out thir crack troops, and stinking barbarians they may be, but these Belgae Minah Swordsmen and Armoured Warriors are still quite a match for our legionaries. This is what we have to focus on. The problem of provinces can be left for peacetime. Just because the war with Greece is over, doesn't mean we are no longer at war. We are at war with a nation that has just as much of a possibility of running us over as the Greeks did.

I shall bring this matter to the Curia as one of our first major issues for the next term.

OOC: it's tenths fault he should be putting upp polls.

ooc: have the new terms taken effect yet?

OOC: I think there may be a 3 way tie for Tribune of the Plebes....

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Closed for new consulate

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!