Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1770

Thread: Post Your Empires

kikokyle's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Post Your Empires

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-08-12_00001.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	507.4 KB 
ID:	290138Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-08-12_00002.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	540.4 KB 
ID:	290139Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-08-12_00003.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	501.5 KB 
ID:	290140Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-08-12_00004.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	502.1 KB 
ID:	290141Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-08-12_00005.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	486.8 KB 
ID:	290142Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-08-12_00006.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	665.9 KB 
ID:	290143Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-08-12_00007.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	631.1 KB 
ID:	290144
    My favorite campaign to date. As you can see I'm playing as Syracuse in the Provincial Campaign's and DAMN this was bloody hard; you can see the year, it's taken me that long to make that much progress. Instead of trying to storm Sicily, I chose to take most of the Mediterranean's islands to gain more income. I think this is on H/H or VH/VH, probably the former. AI bonuses and land bridges on. You can also see that the Seleucids have won the game haha, yep they beat it rather quickly. But I guess I didn't have a chance haha. Am and have fought an extremely difficult war against the Carthaginian's... and still going. Allied with Rome and Macedon. Also, in the picture with Rome and Iberia, all the Roman provinces pictured, or as I say eastern Gaul, used to be Iberian cities. Rome has taken a 1/3 of Gaul from Iberia and is pushing for the next 2/3. Rome and Macedon are also allied, causing some funky campaign images haha. Macedon is almost done conquering Scythia. But, recently, in a race to see who would conquer Scythia first (which has proven Macedon the victor), Pontus attacked Macedon. So we have a humongous war brewing. I'm also waiting for a legendary Macedon-Rome war to come. Hopefully by then I'll have taken out Carthage and will become a minor power to watch the major powers duke it out (Rome, Macedon, SE (I expect Macedon to rip Pontus to shreds)) instead of an irrelevant one
    FX 6100 4.1Ghz | ASUS M5A97 EVO | 16GB Crucial Sport Ballistix | HIS IceQ 7950 | Kingston Digital SSDNow V300 120GB | WD 1TB, Hitachi 500 GB | Thermaltake TR2 600W | Thermaltake Commander MSI Epic
    Favorite TW: Medieval 2 / Rome (XGM Mod) / Rome 2
    Favorite games: Praetorians (2003) / Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past / Final Fantasy X
    "A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool, because he has to say something." ~Plato

Interesting map. I have to give you credit for the expansion route you took. Seems you had to crack some tough garrison scripts with very limited resources. Well done!

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Syracuse is a fun campaign. I find it gets a bit easier once you take Carthage, but building up to that the point where you can beat the garrison is hard. I've played through it a few times and the best approach seems to be: Take all Sicily > Corsica and Sardinia > Crete > Invade Africa at Lepcis Magna > Work your way around to Carthage. By the time your forces arrive at Carthage you should have been able to build an army good enough to beat the garrison.

Durnaug's Avatar Campidoctor

Just wanted to say that Gaul had around 6 stacks ready to invade my Greek Empire. I peppered the balkans with forts to slow down their advance and built up 4 quality armies (inc armoured phalangites, hypaspists). At the begin of the next turn I noticed that all my armies had disappeared, to be replaced by tiny stacks. Then I clicked the earthquake warning icon; watched the "up yours" animation and lifted my jaw from the keyboard. 6k+ dead including generals. The Gauls have the gods on their side. If I have the save I will attempt to frap and post. But still...ffs ;-)

LucretiusTC's Avatar Biarchus

Here are some screenshots about my recent but very long Carthaginian campaign. These pictures were taken from the latest phase when I recruited roughly 6 full armies for the decisive war between Carthage and the Seleucid Empire.

Carthaginians had 3 armies, two in navies and one in Rhodes, that were ready to attack against the Seleucid Empire in Asia Minor in 196 BC.

At the same Carthagians had also 3 armies that were ready to invade in Cyrenaica and continue later in Egypt in 196 BC.

Here is the current situation in 190 BC after those successfull military campaings in Asia Minor, Egypt and finally Syria.
    Hierosolyma has been the latest conquest by mostly those units that originally fought in Cyrenaica.
    I had to destroy several deadly combinations of Seleucid units before I got this far.

Carthaginian Empire in Thracia. The last Greek City States are my current allies and they form weak buffer states against Scythia.
    The Greeks were very powerful enemies who controlled with their numerous armies all the regions from Sparta to Singidunum and from Olbia to Byzantion.

Carthaginian Empire in Germania. There is peace in north at the moment.

The most used units in this campaigns must have been Libyan Spearmen, Numidian Cavalry, Numidian Archers, Elephants and Balearic Slingers, and later especially Italic Spearmen, Tarentine Cavalry, Greek Hoplites, Cretan Archers and Rhodian Slingers. Besides I have rely on local units in Iberia and Gallia, and Heavy Onagers have been very useful additions for siege battles.
    Last edited by LucretiusTC; January 21, 2014 at 07:14 AM.

My Baktrian campaign with quick victory conditions. Easy campaign difficulty with AI bonuses, and land bridges on. Auto resolved all battles in this campaign. Battles against Parthia were difficult. Even with very good odds I would lose the auto resolved battles many times.

Mini-Map-
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Overall Rankings-

Best family member. Did not fight a battle his entire life, not sure where the command came from.

Foul and onion reeking Gauls?

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Fart View Post
    I'm at war with the mighty Teal Death. They sent some stacks into the Crimea and I cushed them. Here are some screenies.

The Armenians declared war just after I captured the Pontic coast. The only offense Pontus gave to Macedon was just simply standing in the way. So I moved them. After capturing their founding monument they sued for peace and now I am trying to coordinate a pincer advace from the Crimea and Anatolia. This will take a while though. I have to get my new Pontic subjects to mellow out and adopt decent Macedonian ways of living. Such as wearing short tunics instead of smelly pajamas. And how to march in tight formation and stand fighting instead of throwing things and running away. So Anatolia is just a giant fortress for the moment. Along with my Crimean coastline. My cities in the northern Black Sea are well developed but I don't have enough men to launch a successful campaign. I have to slowy build a couple of reserve stacks to aid my two main steppe armies. My Thracian provinces cannot give any assistance to the north because the Thracians and Germans keep positioning for an invasion. So I'll catch and break everything Armenia throws at me until they are exhausted. Hopefuly my Bactrian allies will expand a bit and put some pressure on the Armenians. If not I'll still have fun fighting them. These new Kardakes units are fun to fight.

After 60 long years of brutal warfare the Romans have finally subdued the Indie Greeks. I'm proud of the IGSC, they conquored half of Italy earlier.

The Romans have gained dominance in Italy but are under severe pressure from Carthage, Thrace and Germania.

The Indie Greeks look like they're done for.

This my current king. I'm only proud of him because he is revered as a liar above all else.

And that is my current armchair empire.
    this which modification?

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

Hey Guys, any of the oldsters still around? i recently felt an urge to get back to XGM and started with the quietest campaign - the Seleucids... everybody and their grandma are at war with me and the money are limited, but it feels goodClick image for larger version. 

Name:	RomeTW-ALX 2019-01-14 22-22-08-56.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	326.5 KB 
ID:	356847

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

I am not sure how many are around friend, but I am making at the moment that is taking many XGM concepts and blending them with others. It should be very clean and immersive. I hope you and others who used to post this forum can follow along as I seek to build a small community.

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    I am not sure how many are around friend, but I am making at the moment that is taking many XGM concepts and blending them with others. It should be very clean and immersive. I hope you and others who used to post this forum can follow along as I seek to build a small community.
    Hello ahowl 11 ...Is it a scenario or full mod ?