Page 5 of 89 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Empires

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Post Your Empires

What I meant was on this thread, most of the Empires posted have been Roman (or Seleucid).

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

TM Is Back's Avatar Campidoctor

Ah ic... That is now, when you check the AAR forum, most of the AAR's are GCS.

Yes, I haven't been on there, I was singly referring to this thread as a source...

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Primicerius

I've never actually played as Rome in XGM, and I used to play mostly as GCS but played so many campaigns I'm trying other factions now... It used to be the only AARs were GCS ones, theres some others now as well.

I play as Rome, but then it cuts out of game mid turn every now and then. I would play as Greeks more often, but the RSG ar so difficult to train up. It should be just recruitment requirements instead of recruitment time.

- Ramsay Snow

Primicerius

Here's my Carthaginian campaign:
    H/H
    AI bonuses off
    Land bridge on

I started the campaign in a bad situation: Rome invaded Aleria very early and took it (I got revenge by blockading all their ports and making them ask for a ceasefire muahahahah). Iberia invaded very early as well. I pulled out of Lilybaeum to get some time to build up in Afrcia (I've taken Cirta and Siga) and its paid off: Indie Greeks and ROme have since left me alone after they took Aleria, barring a few naval battles with subsequent ceasefires (after many a-blockade). Iberia actually managed to take Carthago Nova, but the next turn I finished sieging Siga and had already taken the rest of Africa, so I sent mynew general who's name I can't pronounce and has taken most of Iberia himself over there and kicked them back to Timbuktu (or Tyde, as it happens). I'm currently mopping them up in Pallantia and then will take that general who's name I can't pronounce back to Africa to retrain, then send him and my other African army over to Sicily to invade Rome + India Greeks.

In other news, Baktria seems to be doing quite well, from the mini-map. The Indie Gauls have beaten up the Gauls with a little help from your friendly neighborhood conquerers, the Romans. Germania is expanding nicely, I'm hoping they will declare on the Romans (they're my allies) and impede their journey North. Scythia looks monstrous but their dirt poor by my graphs.

One thing I hate: the Maks let Rome into Greece! Thermon and Patras are Roman because the Maks didn't take them fast enough: I'm ashamed to have played as them... And since then, the Indie Greeks have taken Amphipolis from them, the pushovers.

GCS is doing very well in Anatolia, and the Ptolemies are actually doing okay (they have all their starting territories!). Pontus looks stagnated, but Armenia is busy looking North at Scythia. My last campaign it was the last thing they ever did...

TM Is Back's Avatar Campidoctor

Interresting choise of tactics. Abandoning Sicily. Not my favorite. But you seem to do very good. Just hope the Romans do not invade Greece more.

Not bad.

- Ramsay Snow

Well, as you can see, I am aiming for a Mediterranian Empire much as the Romans did, and I have mostly left the Gauls for the Spaniards and Germans to finish off.

I am swinging my forces in th Holy Land north east into Turkey to finish off my Mediterranian grip, and my Imperial Guard () are currently besieging the Spanish in Avaricum while the Spanish are sieging Gergovia with a larger army. My Spanish forces are mostly saying put, and my forces in East and West Africa are spreading outwards into Morocco and Upper Egypt.
    Last edited by KozCDVI; May 28, 2008 at 01:21 PM.

- Ramsay Snow

Just how do you change the mini map to be similar to the Campaign chooser map without provinces?

I think it looks grand and it must be better than the normal old one

- Ramsay Snow

Primicerius

You mean without province borders? Just change each faction's border colour to the same colour as its primary colour.

Nice campaign. Just watch out for Germania, they look fairly powerful...

Germania's no match for Roman legions. If you have a chance, march to Teutoburgum; once you have that, the Germans are pushovers.

Primicerius

True, but if the AI nations dogpile him, he's in for a fight as his empire is very spread out with many borders (Carthage, SPain, Germania, TSE, Ptolemies, Thrace, Maks, and soon the GCS). Many of those are small and crippled, but just the same, it might take some doing is all.

Well, at least he doesn't have to deal with Scythia, the only faction (other than Parthia perhaps) which gives my legions any real trouble.

Primicerius

He may have to, it looks like Armenia has fallen to them, which will boost them considerably and they may look at Thrace/Greece/Anatolia as their next target. I hate HA's....

Ferrus's Avatar Decanus

I love HA's for the sheer pleasure of getting mowned down as you run after them as an infantry army. MMMmmmm pain. Watching your own men die in droves as you futilely wave your fist at them in frustration is what makes training them in the first place all worth while....

Yay for 200th post!
    The wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win - Zhuge
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one
    Do you know why most men die before their wives do? Because they want to!

Foederatus

I hate HA! They have got to be the worse enemy to face.
    In my current German campaign I tried to stay away from the Scythians but they took all the rebel settlements to the west of my lands. They then declared war on me. I had a new stack trained up which included 6 chosen archer warband, i deploy these behind 5 units of spear warband for protection supported by as much cavalry as possible. Let the archers hit them from range and run one of the flanks down with your cav. Your cav will suffer medium casulties but this is the best tactics i have come up with to tackle all cav armies and it seems to do the trick. My borders now stretch from samabrovia (sp?) all the way to the black sea.
    Some people are born great, others have greatness thrust upon them.

H.A?

- Ramsay Snow

Quote Originally Posted by Scutarii View Post
    You mean without province borders? Just change each faction's border colour to the same colour as its primary colour.
    And just how does that happen?

- Ramsay Snow

Unknown Soldier's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by KozCDVI View Post
    H.A?
    Not a laugh, but Horse Archers dude!

Fix the problem, not the blame!

XGM Diplomacy AAR - intelligence and voting
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...24#post3680924 :hmmm: