Thread: The Elitist Chat Thread

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Elitist Chat Thread

I've seen his pics on FB, you did a good job there Pike

Once more, congrats!!
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Congratulations Pike
    Thank you. Congrats on your citizenship. I regret my absence kept me from voting yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanár View Post
    Congratulations, Pike, I'll have a Cuban on your little one!
    Cheers Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Glad to hear, Pike, best wishes with everything!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Congrats Pike.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    I've seen his pics on FB, you did a good job there Pike

Once more, congrats!!
    Thank you again and added two pictures to my opening posts.

The difficult part is that he is in Jilin and I am in Shanghai. I will not physically see him until Oct 1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ♔PikeStance♔ View Post

The difficult part is that he is in Jilin and I am in Shanghai. I will not physically see him until Oct 1
    that sucks
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Hello all,

I have been incredibly busy.

My wife and I welcomed a new addition to the family on Aug. 27, 2018. Roman Xu ... (Xu ["Middle name"] is his mother's Family name)
    Spoiler for Pictures

Additionally, I started a new position in Shanghai and have been busy setting up a house and all that.
    I am currently recovering from an illness that had me on my back for four days.

I will most likely deal with issues here sometime this weekend. Apologies for the inconveniences with my current proposal.

Pike
    Hey. Amazing news buddy. Congrats on everything.
    All the best for your little one.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Congratulations, Pike. I hope September passes quickly for you
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Hey. Amazing news buddy. Congrats on everything.
    All the best for your little one.
    Thank you. My wife tells me he has quite the personality already.

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    Congratulations, Pike. I hope September passes quickly for you
    Thank you!
    Last year I went without being with my wife for months (visa issues),... this time, it is 10x more intense.

Blog Entries

Console yourself Pike, once you'll have been with her for many years, you'll be missing those weeks of loneliness
    Last edited by Flinn; September 10, 2018 at 06:14 AM.

True. I can play my games to my heart's content and Axis and Allies have been spread out on the dining room table for over a week.

BTW, I have been binge-watching "The Originals." By far the best vampire series I have seen. Some of the plot lines have been a little corny, though interesting. The acting has been fantastic.

Blog Entries

I'm not much into Vampire stories, more the kind of Zombie ones.. Murphy, my new avatar, is from Z Nation.. I know a lot of people likes The Walking Dead, which I found interesting but not so addicting; I prefer more splatter stories when it comes to undeads, if I was looking for plot and acting, I wouldn't pick a zombie story

Pretty much the same : a lot of "action" series start out well, then they got lost into plot or delay the end of the same for too long.. "Heroes" was one of this, but I've seen this happening with a lot of other ones too

Anyone watching Z Nation? All hail the Murphy, he's a true Dude

Yes,

They say the life of a series is really maxed out after 5 years. Especially if it has a story arch approach as opposed to an episodic. Series that can make it passed that point usually do so because they were able to cycle through new characters and even able to evolve. A perfect example of this is Mash. I am not sure how the Simpsons do it, except it is able to capture a new audience. I no longer watch it (not since the 90s).

People recommended Walking dead to me as well, but I am not into watching decaying corpses go around killing people. I like survival stuff, like Lost. I do not mind a supernatural angle. I used to like House of Cards, but more and more they get out of a bind by people doing things I do not believe they would do in a real-life situation.

Another nice series is Kobra Kai. It is years after the end of the First and original karate kid. It is very well written good acting and interesting twists to the plot. There are only 10 episodes in season one and it is only available on YouTube Red. I was lucky that a coworker had downloaded the whole series. You can watch the first two episodes for free.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Have you tried the original UK version of House of Cards Pike? It only has three seasons, of 4 episodes each so it is much more compact than the US version.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    Have you tried the original UK version of House of Cards Pike? It only has three seasons, of 4 episodes each so it is much more compact than the US version.
    I had no idea there was such a thing. It must not be on Netflix. Netflix is odd. Whenever I choose an overseas country to view the contact, it knows I am using a VPN, but when I choose a US-based city, it is cool with it. (it is blocked in China).

I wasted a lot of time at work. On managebac (software for teachers), you can assign images for each class. I decided to pick elites units as "inspiration" for my students.
    I ended up with; Flying Tigers, Janissaries, Polish Wing Hussars for grade 9 and Swiss Pikes, Jaguar Warriors, Immortals, and Varangian Guard for grade 10.
    anyway,...

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Thank you. My wife tells me he has quite the personality already.
    I'm happy about you mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post

I had no idea there was such a thing. It must not be on Netflix. Netflix is odd. Whenever I choose an overseas country to view the contact, it knows I am using a VPN, but when I choose a US-based city, it is cool with it. (it is blocked in China).
    Yep, what Caligula said. The UK version is better IMO.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Congratulations, Pike!

I can't compare the TV versions of House of Cards because I've only seen the British one so far. I agree with people recommending the UK version.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I'd say Season 1-4 of the US version is better than the UK version just because you can get more backstabbing and politics into 4 seasons of 8 or 10 episodes (can't remember how long they are). Season 5 of the US version doesn't exist in my mind, it was so terrible.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; September 15, 2018 at 03:35 AM.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Happy new year, lads and ladies. ������

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Happy New Year to you too; hope 2019 is a better year for you!

I don't think there's a greater sign of change than there being no elitist chat for 8 months or so!

So, I'm back. Or out of retirement. Or whatever. And wow has this place changed since I last logged in. Which may have been quite some time ago.

Anyone want to catch me up? Who's in charge, what's new? What do citizens do for drama these days?

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

You call this elite and yet the crême of TWC is here.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the Black Prince View Post
    I don't think there's a greater sign of change than there being no elitist chat for 8 months or so!

So, I'm back. Or out of retirement. Or whatever. And wow has this place changed since I last logged in. Which may have been quite some time ago.

Anyone want to catch me up? Who's in charge, what's new? What do citizens do for drama these days?
    We had to outlaw drama. Things were getting too dramatic.

Not sure what you need catching up on. We scrapped the CdeC some years ago, went with a new Triumvirate system which kind of worked okay-ish until we had a succession of meltdowns last year. That resulted in opening up the Proth to all members, recruiting Curia-specific moderators, and some other progressive reforms. That was about six months ago. So ostensibly its a new, fresh era for the Curia, but its been rather quiet as of late.