Page 227 of 228 FirstFirst ... 127177202217218219220221222223224225226227228 LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 4543

Thread: The Elitist Chat Thread

Default Re: The Elitist Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post
    I think the apparent preference in Chloe/Legio's profile is clear enough that unless you have solid reason to say otherwise, a straight she is merited. I'm not sure what the controversy is.
    No controversy except presumptuous attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    PikeStance's comment was simply childishly dickish for the sake of saying something dickish and nothing more. It's something to be laughed at and pitied. He seems to whining that he got called out of it too.
    Yes, this is constructive. How should respond to this. You are purposely being argumentative and insulting at the same time, but hiding behind the ToS in doing so. This is a textbook example of the sort of post would like our fellow citizens to not to make.

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Yes, this is constructive. How should respond to this. You are purposely being argumentative and insulting at the same time, but hiding behind the ToS in doing so. This is a textbook example of the sort of post would like our fellow citizens to not to make.
    Or you failed to take criticism of your own language with a constructive manner and now lashing out at people pointing out your failure. You can't be the source of the problem and point your fingers at people. Remember, when you point a finger at others there are three others pointing back at you.
    The Armenian Issue

Or you failed to take criticism of your own language with a constructive manner and now lashing out at people pointing out your failure. You can't be the source of the problem and point your fingers at people. Remember, when you point a finger at others there are three others pointing back at you.
    Again, argumentative. You never seek understanding only to "win" any discussions. When you are more interested understanding and less interested in an argument, let me know.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Let's all calm down

I think the apparent preference in Chloe/Legio's profile is clear enough that unless you have solid reason to say otherwise, a straight she is merited. I'm not sure what the controversy is.
    If you have a willy you're a Billy, if you have vage you're a Marge.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Here on the internet usually all we have to measure is epeen, so we either go by the adage 'everyone is a guy or a G.I.R.L' or we just take our best shot with what's available...
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

These are the sort of responses that has turn the mudpit into a cesspool of incoherent arguments.
    Yes, the refusal to respect others and their personhood is indeed why political discourse has become heated as of late.

When one side says "Treat me like a person" and the other side says "No" it's pretty easy to see why some would feel anger.

This is a textbook example of the sort of post would like our fellow citizens to not to make.
    Sort of like how we wouldn't want to dehumanize and intentionally disrespect one of TWCs finest administrators and contributors of all time, right?

Or does it only apply when people are hurting your feelings by calling out your hubris?

Hmm

Last edited by Akar; August 20, 2022 at 01:49 PM.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Citizen

^Is Narf.

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    Yes, the refusal to respect others and their personhood is indeed why political discourse has become heated as of late.

When one side says "Treat me like a person" and the other side says "No" it's pretty easy to see why some would feel anger.

Sort of like how we wouldn't want to dehumanize and intentionally disrespect one of TWCs finest administrators and contributors of all time, right?
    You make a lot of assumptions.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Here on the internet usually all we have to measure is epeen, so we either go by the adage 'everyone is a guy or a G.I.R.L' or we just take our best shot with what's available...
    Rep makes it bigger and sturdier.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Citizen

Let's just be courteous. Simple.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    Let's just be courteous. Simple.
    When one person want's to be treated as a person and the other person refuses to acknowledge that, there is not much courtesy to be had until the latter person acknowledges the former's personhood.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Again, argumentative. You never seek understanding only to "win" any discussions. When you are more interested understanding and less interested in an argument, let me know.
    Just gonna keep this in quote to highlight the irony and projection nature of it with keeping in mind that you're spending pages to argue in favor of yourself.
    The Armenian Issue

Just gonna keep this in quote to highlight the irony and projection nature of it with keeping in mind that you're spending pages to argue in favor of yourself.
    You really can't help yourself.

You really can't help yourself.
    Sure. I love to have the last word. I just don't need to project my own nature onto others to feel good about myself.
    The Armenian Issue

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    It does seem like most complex areas of interpersonal sensitivity can be easily resolved by nursery rhymes.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Gents, I've just done a bunch of cleaning here. Let me remind you the following points:
    1. This is not the D&D. Use the relevant forum.
    2. Personal references are tolerated in the curia but only to a certain extent. This is going too far and I'd appreciate if you, Citizens, could move forward.
    Last edited by PikeStance; December 24, 2023 at 04:46 AM. Reason: grammatical error
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Haven't been here in a while, and all of a sudden I see a bunch of misbehaving children.

Gentlemen, you cannot argue here, this is the Elitist Chat Thread!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I'm pleased to report I've more or less finished my mission on the Living History Index. The rest of my term as censor shall be to occasionally plug up holes when the bug strikes, and support the standing Consul as/when requested. I probably will not seek curial position in the future although I hope to raise some candidates for awards/citizenship and I will keep an eye out for reasonable requests made of the administration by the Curia. Any suggested additions to the index or other changes are always welcome, if not to me then to whoever the Consul/censors are at a given time. I also have a very rough idea of site events so if the blurbs need updating including dates/descriptions then please advise for that as well.

It's not quite finished as you see as there are many gaps, unfortunately without more people to look and fill in gaps this may be a permanent condition. It's much farther along than it was when last edited in 2010 and includes useful extras, such as external threads and archive.org entries for items of interest.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

I'm pleased to report I've more or less finished my mission on the Living History Index.

It's not quite finished as you see as there are many gaps, unfortunately without more people to look and fill in gaps this may be a permanent condition. It's much farther along than it was when last edited in 2010 and includes useful extras, such as external threads and archive.org entries for items of interest.

Ite/Kay.... Lemmie see here. At first thought there's.....

1. The Grey Wars: The Rise of the Silver Auxilia. Armatus founded the Auxilia, and at one point it had a potential Curial voting block of about 60 votes on a 300 person membership. Armatus, Y2day, and I initiated the ground work to bring these members together in a round table format concentrating these 60 votes as a single voting block aimed at voting events happening in the Curia. (The Auxilia votes for, the Auxilia votes against).

2. Group conflicts: At one point The Silver Auxilia, the Duffers and a few other groups* engaged as political rivals and it was quite the show. Made the Curia quite a tabloid hot spot for a while. Hmmm...if I recall correctly both Auxilia and the Duffers had news publications. I think Silver Standard for the Auxilia and in the the Duffers publication was internal, perhaps not.

3. The ascendency and high water mark(if you want to call it that) of the CdeC. Down Halie, somebody fetch me a stick......

I'll try and back some of this up with links but gonna be a minute. Gonna put it right at the tippy top of my "Gonna get it done pile." though.

*There names don't come immediately to mind. Apologies not trying to slight anyone.

ACM:acm I Mega Tortas de Bodemloze de Baltar, testify that the above is indeed fact to the best of my current recollections .
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; January 07, 2024 at 07:15 PM. Reason: My horrendous spelling and grammar misques.
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling