Page 226 of 228 FirstFirst ... 126176201216217218219220221222223224225226227228 LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,520 of 4543

Thread: The Elitist Chat Thread

Default Re: The Elitist Chat Thread

Justinian in particular was a wee lad.

I still have him on Facebook and go "AWEEEE" whenever I see a pic of him living his life.

I often think of Legio, so creative and passionate.. I wonder where she is and hope she is living a good life.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Always expected Legio to make a comeback on TWC, maybe one day.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

I often think of Legio, so creative and passionate.. I wonder where she is and hope she is living a good life.
    Same, same . Would love to hear from her again. Can only hope she's doing well.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Shame isn't it. Was surprised to see it was 7 years since she last logged on.

There's quite a few big names like her, TheFirstO'Neill, Squeakus/Tom Paine, Fabolous, Justy, that I'm surprised have never made it back here once....

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

I've no idea how they manage to stay away for so long

Quote Originally Posted by Søren View Post
    Shame isn't it. Was surprised to see it was 7 years since she last logged on.

There's quite a few big names like her, TheFirstO'Neill, Squeakus/Tom Paine, Fabolous, Justy, that I'm surprised have never made it back here once....
    Legio did an odd thing. "She" left under the name of Chloe. Then, mysteriously, logged back in to change "her" name back to Legio.

I remember the name TheFirstO'Neill. He was an admin when I first joined. I never seen a post of his at that time.
    Other members that popped in in the past are Siblesz, Trobolov, Harry Lime and Wild Bill Kelso. Mostly to say. "hi" and then go. (They may be a few more that have too).

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Heh, I remember registering here during my IT class in sixth grade. 17 years ago.

The year of 2005.

Yeah...
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Legio did an odd thing. "She" left under the name of Chloe. Then, mysteriously, logged back in to change "her" name back to Legio.
    The quotation marks here seem incredibly rude and inconsiderate.

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    The quotation marks here seem incredibly rude and inconsiderate.
    I could not agree more. Please do not hesitate to inform us all about the next time you are outraged on someone else's behalf. We all care very deeply about the offense you take on behalf of people you either barely know, do not know, or claim to speak on behalf of. Your totally legitimate moral outrage should inform the behavior of everyone here.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; August 19, 2022 at 08:28 PM.

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

It does seem like a fairly simple courtesy to refer to other members in the way they would prefer though.

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance
    I remember the name TheFirstO'Neill. He was an admin when I first joined. I never seen a post of his at that time.
    Other members that popped in in the past are Siblesz, Trobolov, Harry Lime and Wild Bill Kelso. Mostly to say. "hi" and then go. (They may be a few more that have too).
    The founding fathers have been pretty good at returning over the years. Some of the big figures of the next generation like Mimirswell, Hotspur, Simetrical, Empress Meg and the other ones mentioned have just disappeared entirely though.
    Last edited by Søren; August 19, 2022 at 09:05 PM.

It does seem like a fairly simple courtesy to refer to other members in the way they would prefer though.
    Simple courtesies are my favorite courtesies. Feigned outrage isn't my favorite outrage.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Having gotten into wikis a few times I wondered if I would find Sim on the MediaWiki side of things (since that seems to be what he ended up on after TWC). If I did, I didn't recognize him.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Yeah, he doesn't actually know. I spoke to Legio at length prior to "her" departure. The screen name changed after the departure. At no time did Legio/Chloe ever stated they wanted to specific pronoun. I would add as a teacher, if a student asked to be referred to as whatever, I will accommodate. However, when communicating with the parent, I would follow convention, unless the parents also request it.

The founding fathers have been pretty good at returning over the years. Some of the big figures of the next generation like Mimirswell, Hotspur, Simetrical, Empress Meg and the other ones mentioned have just disappeared entirely though.
    Yeah, would would think people like Paul, tBP, Manji, Boris, Rububula, and wilpuri would make an appearance. Lord Tomyris popped in as well (2021). He last appeared briefly in 2014.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Yep. Don't do it for me, do it out of respect for Chloe.

Yeah, he doesn't actually know.
    I mean, I do know. I was very close with Chloe and we talked about this sort of stuff often.

Yeah, he doesn't actually know. I spoke to Legio at length prior to "her" departure. The screen name changed after the departure. At no time did Legio/Chloe ever stated they wanted to specific pronoun.
    She has stated as such publicly multiple times, hence the whole coming out...

Simple courtesies are my favorite courtesies. Feigned outrage isn't my favorite outrage.
    I don't have to "feign" outrage that someone is "deadnaming" a good friend of mine while she isn't here to tell him off.

However, when communicating with the parent, I would follow convention, unless the parents also request it.
    Oh so you don't actually care about what the individual wants, okay.

Convention is to call the person what they want to be called.

I feel sorry for your kid.
    Last edited by Akar; August 20, 2022 at 08:40 AM.

Sorry, I am not politically correct.
    I don't have to answer to a third party. I once knew (when I lived in Chicago) a transgendered person (female to male). This goes back to 2001- 2006. Ex-wife was an artist. I met people of walks of life. I tell off color jokes and can get away with it because people know my character and personality. I also have had the luxury of not living in the US, so I do not have to put up with the juveniles insanity. As I like to tell vegans, I am former lion from the Serengeti. I never lost my flavor for the flesh. I do it with such a charm that even the most militant vegan laughs.

As a teacher, you do not want to piss off the parents. I even tell my students, if you do not like something, do not complain the school. (They just patronize them anyway), You need to tell your parents. The school will jump through a ring of fire to pacify the parents. LOL.

Anyway, the "different" students always seem to gravitate towards me. I am not sure why. I am not pretentious, but I can be a little preachy about anti bullying and racism/ xenophobism to nauseum. I don't know. I like to think my fellow teachers are the same way.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Sorry, I am not politically correct.
    Disregarding someone's specific wishes and their person hood doesn't make you "not politically correct", it makes you something that I'm not allowed to put on TWC.

I don't have to answer to a third party.
    Oh okay well I guess you can just behave however you want without repercussions then

I once knew (when I lived in Chicago) a transgendered person (female to male).
    "I'm not racist because I once knew a black person when I lived in Chicago"

I also have had the luxury of not living in the US, so I do not have to put up with the juveniles insanity.
    Wanting to be treated with humanity and be respected as a person is not "juvenile insanity"

As I like to tell vegans, I am former lion from the Serengeti. I never lost my flavor for the flesh. I do it with such a charm that even the most militant vegan laughs.
    They're laughing at how stupid that sounds.

As a teacher, you do not want to piss off the parents
    "As a teacher, it's better to dehumanize and belittle your students rather than risk angering their parents"

Worth noting, Chloe's profile still says "Empress of all things" not Emperor
    Last edited by Akar; August 20, 2022 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    Disregarding someone's specific wishes and their person hood doesn't make you "not politically correct", it makes you something that I'm not allowed to put on TWC.
    Oh okay well I guess you can just behave however you want without repercussions then
    "I'm not racist because I once knew a black person when I lived in Chicago"

Wanting to be treated with humanity and be respected as a person is not "juvenile insanity"
    They're laughing at how stupid that sounds.
    "As a teacher, it's better to dehumanize and belittle your students rather than risk angering their parents"
    Worth noting, Chloe's profile still says "Empress of all things" not Emperor
    It's ironic how you go out of your way to post as obnoxiously as you do.
    These are the sort of responses that has turn the mudpit into a cesspool of incoherent arguments. You can't seem capable of engaging in any sort of intelligent discourse except through cheeky responses that is nothing more than a misunderstood hyperbole.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I think the apparent preference in Chloe/Legio's profile is clear enough that unless you have solid reason to say otherwise, a straight she is merited. I'm not sure what the controversy is.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

PikeStance's comment was simply childishly dickish for the sake of saying something dickish and nothing more. It's something to be laughed at and pitied. He seems to whining that he got called out of it too.
    The Armenian Issue