View Poll Results: What about hugest battles?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeeeah I want to try hugest!!!

42 89.36%
  • No, bigger is big enough

3 6.38%
  • This poll sucks!

2 4.26%
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041

Thread: Bigger, Huger and Realistic Battles + Speed + Morale mods : V8 (11th January 2011)

Default Re: Bigger, Huger and Realistic Battles + Speed + Morale mods : V8 (11th January 2011)

Is this compatible with reallybadai, SSHIP and meneths submod compilation?

it looks great btw, would love to try it out

ignasigh's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Bigger, Huger and Realistic Battles + Speed + Morale mods : V8 (11th January 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyr View Post
    Is this compatible with reallybadai, SSHIP and meneths submod compilation?

it looks great btw, would love to try it out
    ReallybadAI probably yes
    SSHIP dont know what is thia
    Submod compilation, I think it is too

Basically not compatible with a mod that adds new units or edits units balance or stats because the file overwrites it all

Testing is simple, make a backup of your export_descr_unit file and replace it by the one used for vanilla

Enjoy!

i can't download this mod[no! >] are you have other download link[not gamefront]or send me mod files[lsb4882@daum.net]

Sorry for being late...sending them on private mail.

Dear fellows

Links updated, sorry for relying on the stupid Filefront

Let me know if they break again.

Quote Originally Posted by ignasigh View Post
    Links updated, sorry for relying on the stupid Filefront
    +rep

I love your mod. Here is a pike and shot battle I recorded recently that showcases your large unit sizes!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV1PvFs21ek

The mod is perfect for large armies of pikes and firearms and plenty of guns (cannons)... Good job!!
    P.S. The morale is also nearly perfect now... And in my latest campaign as Lithuania, the increased speed of weaker light infantry is very good, as it increases options for flanking strategies...

Quote Originally Posted by HaHawk View Post
    +rep

I love your mod. Here is a pike and shot battle I recorded recently that showcases your large unit sizes!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV1PvFs21ek

The mod is perfect for large armies of pikes and firearms and plenty of guns (cannons)... Good job!!
    P.S. The morale is also nearly perfect now... And in my latest campaign as Lithuania, the increased speed of weaker light infantry is very good, as it increases options for flanking strategies...
    Glad u love it

Speed unit changes is very useful, u can tell the Scots and highlanders. If you have more suggestions pls let me know

I also love the ×2 artillery unit size, I didn't understand how "playable" a 2 catapults unit can be

This submod do not compatible with meneths submod compilation.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tion-(MSC)-6-0
    The game crash, when i started it.
    MSC-6-0 + your mod (huger+morale+speed).

Quote Originally Posted by WarDog82 View Post
    This submod do not compatible with meneths submod compilation.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tion-(MSC)-6-0
    The game crash, when i started it.
    MSC-6-0 + your mod (huger+morale+speed).
    There should be a LOG somewhere when it crashes. If you can send it I would take a look and see the reason.

Does anyone know if it's possible to edit the EDU file directly to reduce the number of trebuchets from 4 to 2? I tried to change the "4" to a "2" in the code below, but it resulted in a crash on startup, so I guess it is not the right value:

Code:
    type             NE Trebuchetdictionary       NE_Trebuchet      ; Trebuchet
    category         siege
    class            missile
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner faction   main_missile
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          NE_TREBUCHET_CREW, 24, 4, 0.8, 0.30
    Any help would be appreciated. I like the larger number of siege engines, but in the case of trebuchets, the AI often has 2 or 3 units (8 to 12 trebuchets) in open field battles, and it is a bit ridiculous (especially because of their high rate of fire and pinpoint accuracy).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HaHawk View Post
    Does anyone know if it's possible to edit the EDU file directly to reduce the number of trebuchets from 4 to 2? I tried to change the "4" to a "2" in the code below, but it resulted in a crash on startup, so I guess it is not the right value:

Code:
    type             NE Trebuchetdictionary       NE_Trebuchet      ; Trebuchet
    category         siege
    class            missile
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner faction   main_missile
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          NE_TREBUCHET_CREW, 24, 4, 0.8, 0.30
    Any help would be appreciated. I like the larger number of siege engines, but in the case of trebuchets, the AI often has 2 or 3 units (8 to 12 trebuchets) in open field battles, and it is a bit ridiculous (especially because of their high rate of fire and pinpoint accuracy).

Thanks!
    Try 16, 2
    not 24, 2

Try 16, 2
    not 24, 2
    Hi Ignasigh, thank you so much for the lightning fast reply. It turns out that my problem was using Notepad to edit the values in the EDU file. Even if I just changed a letter in a commented out section and saved the file, it would cause a crash!! The solution was to use Notepad++. And I am happy to report that I have already played 3 different battles against the AI with half the number of trebuchets, and the difference is like night and day. It makes open field battles much better when the AI only has 2 or 4 trebuchets... not 4 or 8!

Hello i have a question, what is the average unit size for infantry on the big and huge downloads.....what sizes do you get. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
    Hello i have a question, what is the average unit size for infantry on the big and huge downloads.....what sizes do you get. Thanks
    If you ask for Infantry only...
    Militia 250
    Elite units 150 (knights templars, etc)
    Rest of infantry around 200

Thanks, I prefer bigger battles, its a shame MTW2 doesn't support 350+ really.

Would this mod work in conjunction with SSHIP mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
    Thanks, I prefer bigger battles, its a shame MTW2 doesn't support 350+ really.

Would this mod work in conjunction with SSHIP mod?

250 is the current limit

SSHIP? what does this mod do? As long as it doesnt change the unit types/quantities ..should be fine

250 is the current limit

SSHIP? what does this mod do? As long as it doesnt change the unit types/quantities ..should be fine

Hi SSHIP is one of the major overhaul mods for SS 6.4...you can find it in the submod section at the top of the page. I dont think it messes with the unit numbers, but might have different units involved.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

I confirm that the EDU in SSHIP is different compare to the original one from SS6.4. We have removed some units and have added some others. I'm pretty sure that you will need to work on this submod if you want to implement it to SSHIP.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Does this work for Titanium? If not, do you know of one that does? Looking to get bigger unit sizes without having to manually alter the export_descr_unit.txt file

Quote Originally Posted by theMadKnight View Post
    Does this work for Titanium? If not, do you know of one that does? Looking to get bigger unit sizes without having to manually alter the export_descr_unit.txt file
    Hi

I don't think so as the units are based on SS only..from what I can see Titanium has different factions and units so it must be made compatible.