Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

hi.please is here any way how to make a game little more stable? it crashes really often on campaign map, mostly becouse some graphical glitches appear when i click through characters, unit and city infos etc. I thoroughly followed instal instructions. I dont know if it is normal. It crashes every 30 minutes.

Does one have time to start a new campaign prior to any significant releases?

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Does one have time to start a new campaign prior to any significant releases?
    I'm about to issue 2.2i, which has some big changes for Pergamon, so I wouldn't play them.

Did not plan to play with them, but I'll wait a bit all the same. Thanks for the heads up

Yeah it's Pergamon or bust for me, (im)patiently awaiting 2.2i!

Do you have any planned units for the Getai and Saka in the future mayor releases?

Would it be possible to have a new link for "All the previews in one archive" from this thread, since the maps and iconographic documents are no more visible on the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    Do you have any planned units for the Getai and Saka in the future mayor releases?
    Future releases, yes, neither factional nor regional rosters are finished. 2.3 - unlikely given the units currently being worked on.

What faccion have their unit roster finished?

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    What faccion have their unit roster finished?
    None of them, if you include regionals in their sphere of influence. Though the Hellenistic factions are close and so is Carthage.

Could you tell us what Punic unit is missing? I noticed that Macedonians have no unique unit, will it change in the future? Some kausia-wearing unarmored light horsemen maybe?
    изишо је тад домаћин тмури
    и сву штенад потрпо у џак.

Quote Originally Posted by wermez View Post
    Could you tell us what Punic unit is missing? I noticed that Macedonians have no unique unit, will it change in the future? Some kausia-wearing unarmored light horsemen maybe?
    Nothing from their core factional roster. But there's still Iberian and African regionals, as well as Corsican and Sardinian units, still to come.

Makedonia don't need any unique units, we don't make them for the sake of factions having something no one else does. Hellenistic factions have a whole host of elites non-Hellenistic factions can't recruit.

Civis

Why do Thorakitai have a tighter formation than Thorakitai Epilektoi? I'm still playing on 2.2H if that's relevant.

Also, is the superior speed of some unmounted units (slingers and skirmishers), compared to several mounted units, a way to translate in-game their better reactivity? Because if it's not, it is hard for me to understand such values.
    Last edited by 2Saz; March 28, 2017 at 11:20 AM.

Hey, I dont know if this is the correct place for this, but: Could someone upload an unchanged campaign script? I opened mine (With Notepad++) and... now its empty. I dont know how it happened. My game still starts but it crashes whenever I start a new campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Saz View Post
    Why do Thorakitai have a tighter formation than Thorakitai Epilektoi? I'm still playing on 2.2H if that's relevant.

Also, is the superior speed of some unmounted units (slingers and skirmishers), compared to several mounted units, a way to translate in-game their better reactivity? Because if it's not, it is hard for me to understand such values.
    I'll have to check their formations. Probably just an oversight.

Heavy cavalry wasn't that fast; cataphracts charged at the trot, not the gallop, for example. Making foot skirmishers faster than the heaviest cavalry is intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeric_Bolton View Post
    Hey, I dont know if this is the correct place for this, but: Could someone upload an unchanged campaign script? I opened mine (With Notepad++) and... now its empty. I dont know how it happened. My game still starts but it crashes whenever I start a new campaign.
    For what version?

Interesting regarding cataphracts charging at the trot. Is there some further reading I could do on this?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlack103 View Post
    Interesting regarding cataphracts charging at the trot. Is there some further reading I could do on this?
    Why not just stack a horse with about 150 kgs of man, armor and barding, see how it turns out

hi guys. i dont know if this is right thread to write it. But are Hai Nizagamartik supposed to be this op they are? they are super cost efficient, while thrashing other units in fair condition. isnt something bad with their animations?/skeletons?

Quote Originally Posted by Maroslav View Post
    hi guys. i dont know if this is right thread to write it. But are Hai Nizagamartik supposed to be this op they are? they are super cost efficient, while thrashing other units in fair condition. isnt something bad with their animations?/skeletons?
    They're semi-professionals (not levies) with big shields. What have you been pitting them against?

after my mistophoroi hoplites(4 rank) lost a line against them, i have tried some customs, picked some cost/power relevant units vs them, mostly from pontic roster, some combination of up hand spears and swords. noone win. i dont say it is bad, they just seem to me stronger than they trully are statistically.