Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    Are the Hayoc Ayrudzi a reimagined version of the Aspet Hetselazor. Or will the Aspet Hetselazor also be in eb 2?
    The Aspet Hetselazor are already in EBII - they're called Anatolian Medium Cavalry now, they were never supposed to be an Armenia-only unit.

Does a dead faction come back to life in EB2? Basically if a former settlement of their rebels, will that dead faction comes back to life?

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    Does a dead faction come back to life in EB2? Basically if a former settlement of their rebels, will that dead faction comes back to life?
    That's a pretty unique feature in Medieval II mods like TATW MOS (although a diplomat and special script are used for reviving dead factions). I doubt the EB II team likes this idea.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

We plan on it however to implement it properly according to our vision would require manpower we currently can't spare.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    We plan on it however to implement it properly according to our vision would require manpower we currently can't spare.
    Omg I would so love to see it implemented!!!!
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

also:

JOIN PETITION OF REMOVING HARDCODED LIMITS

LET CA HEAR YOU !

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

That's great news.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

So, autumn 2016 then for reviving dead factions?

Depends I suppose on whether it's EVER a priority. Someone might submod it, then get the submod included in vanilla.

A somewhat related question: Since the force_diplomacy command has been removed/disabled, is it still possible to achieve this internally via script?

Related to emergent/resurrected factions is an idea of mine to (some day) implement a proper Baktrian "civil war" into EB2, where the indo-greek part would split off, leaving two - ultimately - weaker factions behind. I'd be really interested to work on that - but I'm not sure about the current limitations.

Emulating the cimmerian civil war for my AAR in-game was quite a fuzz due to force_diplomacy not working anymore. Gah.
    Chronicles of Cimmeria - A Kimmerios Bosporos AAR (EB2)
    The Age of Peace - A TW: Warhammer Empire AAR
    Blood Red Eagle - The Sons of Lodbrok Invasion of Northumbrialand [complete]
    Machines - A Sci-Fi Short Story [complete]

Quote Originally Posted by Zeion View Post
    A somewhat related question: Since the force_diplomacy command has been removed/disabled, is it still possible to achieve this internally via script?

Related to emergent/resurrected factions is an idea of mine to (some day) implement a proper Baktrian "civil war" into EB2, where the indo-greek part would split off, leaving two - ultimately - weaker factions behind. I'd be really interested to work on that - but I'm not sure about the current limitations.

Emulating the cimmerian civil war for my AAR in-game was quite a fuzz due to force_diplomacy not working anymore. Gah.
    When was force diplomacy removed? Are you referring to the fact that you cannot run force_diplomacy on the console? It's been implemented in the standard way as a script, by clicking the advisor while on a diplomacy deal screen, then hitting the show me button.

Um, yeah, Force Diplomacy has been integrated since 2.02-something. I don't think it ever worked via the console, but there's a scripted work-around.

I have a question about post Marian units.

The marian reforms are supposed to have standardized equipment. Does this mean we are gonna have "clone armies" or will the in-unit variety still be used heavily?

What kind of differences will we see between the soldiers compared to earlier (camillan, polybian)?

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post

The marian reforms are supposed to have standardized equipment. Does this mean we are gonna have "clone armies" or will the in-unit variety still be used heavily?

What kind of differences will we see between the soldiers compared to earlier (camillan, polybian)?
    Just wait for the next in-depth preview to answer that question.
    You'll like it.

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post

Each Roman reform event represents another step towards greater uniformity and a narrowing of the roster. With the Polybian reform the Italic units start to standardise. With the Marian they disappear altogether and the core Roman roster provides only heavy infantry, with auxiliaries doing everything else.

There aren't actually that many Italic units in the game yet, but when they're all done you'll feel their loss with the reforms much more keenly. I jokingly call the Roman refoms the Great Italian Unit Cull.

Will there be a scripted random full stack army attacking you just like in Call of Warhammer?

Like if your Arche Seleukeia, you will be attacked in your capital by an usurping general with full stack army or when you are Romani and an army of rebel Samnites and Etruscans spawn near your settlements while another full stack of Boii attacks from the North?

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    Will there be a scripted random full stack army attacking you just like in Call of Warhammer?

Like if your Arche Seleukeia, you will be attacked in your capital by an usurping general with full stack army or when you are Romani and an army of rebel Samnites and Etruscans spawn near your settlements while another full stack of Boii attacks from the North?
    On Hard campaign difficulty (I think this is the required setting) AI armies WILL siege your bases. However, they are pre-existing armies. There are very few stacks that are spawned for these purposes. Notable ones are the Mauryan armies if you're playing as Taskashila and trying to fight for independence, and a punitive expedition by Seleukeia if you are playing Baktria and try to rebel.

I'm very happy about the news that all the unit cards will be redone. However, are we going to see any new portraits for generals, diplomats, spies, and assassins? I like the old RTW portraits, don't get me wrong, but they become rather repetitive once your faction grows and many family members look rather similar. I think it's awesome how some at the start of the campaign have unique, historical portraits, like Pyrrhos, for instance (based on an ancient statue depicting him). However, could more generic portraits for average family members be made?

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I'm very happy about the news that all the unit cards will be redone. However, are we going to see any new portraits for generals, diplomats, spies, and assassins? I like the old RTW portraits, don't get me wrong, but they become rather repetitive once your faction grows and many family members look rather similar. I think it's awesome how some at the start of the campaign have unique, historical portraits, like Pyrrhos, for instance (based on an ancient statue depicting him). However, could more generic portraits for average family members be made?
    They could - if we get more 2D artists. Seriously, we have a gaping 2D-shaped hole in the team right now, if you know people who are good at this sort of thing, send them our way.

Does anyone have the Kingdoms v1.5 patch non-gold US? I have googled the heck out of it and cannot for the life of me find one on a site that is working. Seems no sites host the patch anymore. I really would like to play this game, but I had to do a fresh install of Kingdoms and I no longer have the patch. Am I SOL? Any information from anyone would be awesome!

Update: Even the Total War support's links all go to sites that no longer host the patch. Please be somebody out there with a copy, I am really jonesin' to play this game.
    Last edited by VikeKing; December 10, 2015 at 06:29 PM.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)