Page 249 of 253 FirstFirst ... 149199224239240241242243244245246247248249250251252253 LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 5041

Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Hello,
    i'd like to know how to modify EDB without causing the game to ctd. Playing a roman campaign atm and recruitment pools of polybian Cohors Sociorum are very inadequate, one unit in 25 turns in Luceria and Tarantum and bit more often than that in Rhegion. Each consular army ought to have 4 of them and praetorian 2 of them so it's hard to even assemble multiple of these and having any of them heavily damaged or wiped out is basically a death sentence. Comparatively, pools of roman troops are very overabundant. Changing either the replenishment rate or culture requirement for Sociorum results in ctd, even if it's literally just one digit changed, so i'd like to know what's the deal. I'm using notepad++.
    Attached Files Attached Files

For a game in progress, you can't. The validation settings are switched on, which will crash any game that has different files to the ones it started with.

Damn that's a shame, should've looked that up in advance. I guess replacing some of them with Leginu/Hastati Sabelli would be the best alternative.

Is there any way to increase populations growth except lowering taxes, building higher farms, and building temples with population growth?

Quote Originally Posted by Sengazub View Post
    Is there any way to increase populations growth except lowering taxes, building higher farms, and building temples with population growth?
    you could use a a general/governor who has traits or ancillaries which give -1 squalor/famine (I think EB team renamed some of those traits but essentially they refer to the same thing....correct me if I am wrong)

squalor/famine is genuinlly only a problem in bigger settlements, so once you reach 0 further modifiers wont benefit the growth
    "See, when you carry the two over, it turns out you owe me another hundred florins."

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

If the "Confidence" attribute works as the Chivalry of the vanilla M2TW (and many mods), then it would also add to the growth by removing "famine. I suspect this bonus may have been disabled, but I haven't checked the files in the EBII to be sure (it may have been only limited as well).
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; June 24, 2018 at 11:05 PM.

Tiro

Dont forget the granary buildings line if it is avaliable ( i cant remember if every faction has it).

Regards:

melvidh

Are there going to be changes to pikemen in 2.35?

And btw, what are the changes to pikemen in 2.3?

What's the forced march threshold, and how do I rest/heal my generals? How AI assistance works (supposing it does) when I put groups of my units in AI control during battle?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    What's the forced march threshold, and how do I rest/heal my generals?
    Interesting question. From my observations I recon:
    - the threshold is 100% movement points of a general, which is equal to cavalry movement points if there're no traits modifying it. If your general leads an army with infantry he can make 100% movement of this army and he doesn't hit the threshold.
    - just being (ie also moving) inside your own territories. The rationing trait doesn't go immediately though (although it can) but there're certain probabilities (?).

After I build the 3rd and final tier of settler colonies as Carrthage, I am still able to build the first tier of local military colonies. Is that intentional, or some sort of oversight?

So, as a Carthage at middle stage of game i am supposed to demolish/rebuild whole administration + replace settler col. with trading posts in the case, that i want to build punic kleruchy to get higher building options? because Allied polis goverment with highest settler col. do not allow to build almost anything from huge city constructions. Also Carthaginian settler system doesn't make a sense to me. Shouldn't it be, that raising my culture + increase punic population in foreign lands would rather give me option make those few african profesional units in those cities than give me local recruitment?
    Last edited by Maroslav; July 11, 2018 at 08:02 AM.

Is there a list of cities that have the garrison script enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Is there a list of cities that have the garrison script enabled?
    Open the mods\EBII\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt file and do a search for "; 6. Selective Garrison Script" (without the quotes). That will take you to the section containing the garrison script. From there you can see which cities have it.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    Open the mods\EBII\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt file and do a search for "; 6. Selective Garrison Script" (without the quotes). That will take you to the section containing the garrison script. From there you can see which cities have it.
    People, please rep this man.

Questions:
    1. Does the garrison script for the rebel ''capitals'' only trigger if the city is held by the Rebel faction?
    2. Does the garrison script for the factional capitals only trigger if the city is being held by the native faction?

That is what I made out of it, reading the script.
    Last edited by Rad; July 22, 2018 at 02:00 AM.

1. Does the garrison script for the rebel ''capitals'' only trigger if the city is held by the Rebel faction?
    Yes, I believe so.

2. Does the garrison script for the factional capitals only trigger if the city is being held by the native faction?
    Ditto.

Thanks a lot Genghis. I actually try to trigger the garrison script by making sure that the capital I am sieging has 10 or less units at the moment I siege it.

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but I'm looking as the EBII users guide, and under
    [Windowed Borderless Mode] I find the following very unhelpful comment for modifying EBII.cfg :

Note you'll have to enter your native resolution in there to get a proper-sized window.

Yeah. What is the correct syntax for the .cfg file to specify the resolution?

I found the following entries in medieval2.preferences.cfg that did the trick.

battle_resolution = 1920 1080
    campaign_resolution = 1920 1080

The user guide probably should be updated to reference this, because these setting don't appear in the EBII.cfg file, and the entry in the user guide is talking about editing that file.

Having just noticed brigands spawning in literally the top-right corner of the map as Saka, what governs where and when brigands spawn?