Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by baldamundo View Post
    Oh. Really? Is that all of them or just some? And are their traits/scripting/whatever all working? If so, I might try and hunt them down in the files and see if I can work out how to make them recruitable...
    As an example, Epeiros starts with a General, Milon (who's not on the family tree), in Taras. They otherwise function the same as an FM, they just don't contribute descendants.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Are you going to join the team and help with skins and such? The team are still recruiting and as far as I'm aware, new units are lower down the list of priorities than a host of other stuff. So your guess is as good as mine, the best way to speed things along if you're concerned is learn how to do something useful and help out.
    Do you have any use for a retired, former high school teacher of English and History, and educational psychologist?

Quote Originally Posted by Lannes1 View Post
    Do you have any use for a retired, former high school teacher of English and History, and educational psychologist?
    If you ask them which faction(s) need help with researching and one of them appeals to you, you could probably join as a historian.

If you ask them which faction(s) need help with researching and one of them appeals to you, you could probably join as a historian.
    Quintus, you challenged me and I replied. The ball is in your court.

Quote Originally Posted by Lannes1 View Post
    Quintus, you challenged me and I replied. The ball is in your court.
    According to a post on The Org (a better place to talk to the team than here, that's where they reside normally) they need historians with an expertise in North Africa in particular. Is that something that you'd be interested in researching?

According to a post on The Org (a better place to talk to the team than here, that's where they reside normally) they need historians with an expertise in North Africa in particular. Is that something that you'd be interested in researching?
    Unfortunately, no. My knowledge of North African history is the military history of the war in the desert 1940-43, and then nothing more than what is commonly known about the history of the area, including Egypt.
    Last edited by Lannes1; October 06, 2014 at 08:51 AM.

Hey, I have a question, does this mod require the latest patch of kingdoms(v1.05)?? I cannot update my kingdoms to that because I got it from Gamestop.com(Impulse). Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Celticfury3 View Post
    Hey, I have a question, does this mod require the latest patch of kingdoms(v1.05)?? I cannot update my kingdoms to that because I got it from Gamestop.com(Impulse). Thanks!
    Yes, you need v1.05 or the mod won't work.

Hello everyone! Ive been playing EB II for awhile and got a question about the Romani "Imperium" trait, how could my general earned the "Imperium" trait. Mostly my generals are Imperium Relinquished giving severe impact to my generals command stats. Thanks in advance

Darkan's Avatar Senator

To get Imperium, you need to get your generals elected to consulship, proconsul (1 year imperium extension). Have them in Rome when you click end turn in winter. To know which can get consulship, they should have the "Eligible for Consulship" trait...or thereabouts. Imperium lasts for 1 year (4 turns) and after that, they get the proconsul trait which gives you imperium for another year.Hope it helped.
    [DLV 6.2 AAR] - The Danish House of Hen - updated 20/08/18 - on hold
    [King of Dragon Pass AAR] - The Drakkar Saga - updated 14/04/18 - on hold
    Participate in the TotW!!! PARTICIPATE!!!
    DuckDuckGo

How to Enable the the Battle of green and red colors?

Darkan's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by swordsmen666 View Post
    How to Enable the the Battle of green and red colors?
    It was disabled but will be back in next release/patch.
    [DLV 6.2 AAR] - The Danish House of Hen - updated 20/08/18 - on hold
    [King of Dragon Pass AAR] - The Drakkar Saga - updated 14/04/18 - on hold
    Participate in the TotW!!! PARTICIPATE!!!
    DuckDuckGo

TheBlackTower's Avatar Tiro

Great work, i just want to ask if there any way to remove the Temple limit, i mean the ability to build several Temples in one settlement, i know it is not in the mod, and i don't ask you to change it, but how can i change it, for my personal use, and sorry if someone ask this before but i search and did not find any thing .

Great work again and thanks in advance .
    “History repeats itself because no one was listening the first time.”

Biarchus

How/why do FM's increase loyalty?
    I have a feeling some of it is tied to Faction size and FL authority.
    But it appears to me that sometimes when those 2 items have not changed at all, loyalty can still increase/decrease through other reasons.

I am inquiring because if there is a way through proper gameplay to increase it I will actively seek out those methods.
    Does anyone have any concrete information or even any hunches/suggestions about what they might think loyalty can be influenced by gmaeplay decisions?

Biarchus

Thanks but I had read that previously and was wondering if anyone had anything else to offer. The part about having a FL with higher than 5 command and higher tan 6 influence is tough. I found many Roman FM's get way over 6 influence. It was never an issue to have a roman FL with 6 influence. Some of the other factions have it a little tougher getting influence so that is fine however getting 2 command stars is impossible so that renders the part of the trait system useless.

Is there a recommended unit scale or difficulty setting?

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Dunno for others, but I always play with huge and VH/VH.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

I always play Huge and M/M. I use roleplaying and self-restraint to create difficulty.

Biarchus

Me too. M/M.

And by 200 turns in or 300 there are stacks everywhere, even on M/M particularly the barbarian nations. It can become tedious. The thought of even more stacks on a higher difficulty just takes the enjoyment out of it. The game becomes a chore to me when I have to plow through endless stacks.