Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

I get crashes when I'm browsing through units or buildings and looking at their stats/properties. I haven't been following this thread so I don't know if there is a solution to this? Version 2.2b btw.

Quote Originally Posted by BHL 20 View Post
    I get crashes when I'm browsing through units or buildings and looking at their stats/properties. I haven't been following this thread so I don't know if there is a solution to this? Version 2.2b btw.
    That's the M2TW memory leak. EBII uses a lot more memory than most other mods. There's a number of memory-related solutions you can research, besides that I'd suggest upgrading to the latest patch (which has a more efficient script) and adjusting the error logging in your config.

Since the team has an excess of modelers in comparison to skinners will the units that hold the shield in weird positions like (Lugian or Beduin cavalry) get their models fixed in 2.3?

Quote Originally Posted by LusitanianWolf View Post
    Since the team has an excess of modelers in comparison to skinners will the units that hold the shield in weird positions like (Lugian or Beduin cavalry) get their models fixed in 2.3?
    I can't make any promises about 2.3, but if you make a list of the units with awkward shield positions (especially those which clip into the man), that would be helpful.

What I remember right now:

Cavalry with shield clipping a awful lot into the horse: Aswiniae (early and late), Bastarnae Markaridae, Farasin Arabi, Thureopherontes Hippotoxotai, Magones, Pritanoi Mounted Generals
    Cavalry with shield clipping a bit (not as much): Traikioi Mezenai, Aspidoitai Hippeis, Kaitarkite Markakoi
    In the hellenistic katraphactoi the legs of the rider clip inside the horse.

Campidoctor

What makes a general get Doubtful Courage trait? He didn't rout during battle and the unit was engaged in combat (1 casualty sustained, 1 inflicted, 17 prisoners caught).

I would like to know if the general's bodyguards unit of some factions are going to change after a military reform, i ask this because the romani general's bodyguard unit are still the same camillian model after getting the marian reforms.

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    I would like to know if the general's bodyguards unit of some factions are going to change after a military reform, i ask this because the romani general's bodyguard unit are still the same camillian model after getting the marian reforms.
    At present, no for the Romans. They won't be using the Camillian Equites when they get their final model (which will be the Equites Extraordinarii) anyway.

Campidoctor

Trying to decide between building an Academic Gymnasium or Great Gymnasium and Wrestling Grounds. Is the 50% cultural conversion amplification of the Academic one empire-wide or province specific? Since I can only build them in some of my core territories at this point, which are already about as fully Hellenized as it gets, that wouldn't be an incentive in and of itself, while the +1 experience of the other one may be. I might base my decision on more than just gameplay effects, but curious nonetheless.

Also, does Makedonia have any units that would benefit from the armor upgrade of the final hellenistic colony reform? The only unit I've seen which has any mention of an available upgrade is the Thrakian Colonists I believe, but I don't know if maybe any of the core units of the roster may have anything available as well and it's just not visible in the unit info or something.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    At present, no for the Romans. They won't be using the Camillian Equites when they get their final model (which will be the Equites Extraordinarii) anyway.
    In the meantime, I've edited my edu to make them use the polybian equites model instead of the camillan one. I think the camillan equites look a bit underwhelming as a general's bodyguard unit when you have polybian or Marian legionnaires.

Little Rock's Avatar Foederatus

Good morning

As I enjoy a lengthy campaign and I like to play my own battles, I've looking around the forum for recommended settings and found for CAI / BAI appears to be H / M, so I apologise in advance if my question has been answered elsewhere.

I would like to know is there is a recommended setting for unit size for best BAI game play.

In the meantime, I've edited my edu to make them use the polybian equites model instead of the camillan one.
    How? Thats way better solution than to use Camilian ones.
    изишо је тад домаћин тмури
    и сву штенад потрпо у џак.

Quote Originally Posted by wermez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paltmull
    In the meantime, I've edited my edu to make them use the polybian equites model instead of the camillan one.
    How? Thats way better solution than to use Camilian ones.
    If you're on Windows; first get a good text editor, like Notepad++, if you don't have one. Then:

In the file Medieval II/mods/ebii/data/export_descr_unit.txt, find the entry for Equites Consulares (Republican Consular Guard Cavalry). Under it, find the line
    Code:
    soldier                 Equites_Camillan, 20, 0, 1.0
    Put a semicolon in front of it and add a copypasted line with "Camillan" replaced by "Polybian" like so:
    Code:
    ;soldier                 Equites_Camillan, 20, 0, 1.0
    soldier                 Equites_Polybian, 20, 0, 1.0
    Then, further below, find the line:
    Code:
    armour_ug_models        Equites_Camillan
    ...and do like before:
    Code:
    ;armour_ug_models        Equites_Camillan
    armour_ug_models        Equites_Polybian
    To switch back, just remove the semicolons from the Camillan lines and add semicolons before the Polybian lines.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

VH/VH is what most people go with, if they have a modicum of skill at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Rock View Post
    Good morning

As I enjoy a lengthy campaign and I like to play my own battles, I've looking around the forum for recommended settings and found for CAI / BAI appears to be H / M, so I apologise in advance if my question has been answered elsewhere.

I would like to know is there is a recommended setting for unit size for best BAI game play.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

However, H/M remains what we recommend. Hard campaign difficulty, because that's the minimum for mercenary hiring, and Medium battle difficulty, because that's what the unit stats are calibrated for.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Actually the majority of the team did recommend hard over medium for both the campaign and battle, obviously there are differences among the team but that's what the team 'officially' went with.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Civis

I'm pretty sure it was already asked, but why EBII doesn't have the "general is death" cinematic?

Quote Originally Posted by 2Saz View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was already asked, but why EBII doesn't have the "general is death" cinematic?
    All the death animations have been disabled - there's some seriously bugged ones in there.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    All the death animations have been disabled - there's some seriously bugged ones in there.
    Any chance to see them coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by 2Saz View Post
    Any chance to see them coming back?
    Not likely, unless we get a new team member who has particular skill with animations.