Page 14 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964114 ... LastLast

Thread: -- Preview of Elves --

Default Re: --Unit Preview--Elves--

it's not about the blood, before Numenoreans arrived at Elenna(the island) they all had human blood, only one had elven blood in him(the king=Elros brother of Elrond)
    It actually IS about the blood, because a Numenorean lived far longer than, say, a Dunelending or some other 'lesser' human. At the End of the Third Age, though, Numenoreans in Gondor had mixed with other human races. Only few men, among them the rangers of the north (including Aragorn), still were true Numenoreans (the rangers were descendants of Arnor, where Numenorean had always been strong). The royal line of Dol Amroth actually had some elven blood, but they were an exception. There even was a civil war in Gondor once, when one of the Kings was not fully Numenorean.

So I suppose it was just me imagining things then, when I read about the Númenóreans fighting against Sauron all through the Second Age, culminating in the Last Alliance at the start of the Third? I guess it was me imagining things, when I was reading about the wars in Arnor, with Lindon siding with Arthedain and Cardolan against Angmar?
    That was all the kingdom of ARNOR. You must not confuse them with Gondor, they were seperate kingdoms from the beginning. They had the same founders, but all three of them died rather quickly Gondor (who arrived too late in the war against Angmar) really had not much relationship with the elves apart from fighting alongside them in the Last Alliance. That alliance, however, was initiated by the King of Arnor, Elendil.

They were on good terms, yes, but not enough to design their armors in a similiar way - after all, they're on opposite ends of the map. Gondor fought mainly against the wainriders and other tribes of Rhûn during the Third Age.
    Last edited by Count Froody; May 17, 2008 at 08:51 AM.
    "He is suffering from Politician's Logic: 'Something must be done, this is something, therefore we must do it.'"
    - Yes, Prime Minister

Waou it's like perfect job
    Really thank for this futur MOD

I am impatient to play this mod

Congretulation For all the Team

Wow. Those look great, but some of the people are "flat". Their faces are flat, but their helmets extend back. I think if you look you will see what I'm saying. But again. Those look great. I can't wait for this mod to come out.

Nice work

Glorfindel's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Count Froody View Post
    It actually IS about the blood, because a Numenorean lived far longer than, say, a Dunelending or some other 'lesser' human
    they lived longer because they gained elven wisdom, when they stopped being in touch with the Quenti, their lifespan was reduces (only one bloodline was special, the King's, who had elven blood-the others didn't have unique blood in their veins)
    Last edited by Glorfindel; May 18, 2008 at 10:02 AM.
    Glorfindel, the Lord of the House of the Golden Flower

...Glorfindel was tall and straight, his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy, his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music, on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was strength...

... the Elven-wise, lords of the Eldar from beyond the furthest seas. They do not fear the Ringwraiths, for those who have dwelt in the Blessed Realm live at once in both worlds, and against both the Seen and the Unseen they have great power...

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

Their lifespan shortened because they mingled with lesser men. And the Numenorians did crush Sauron in the middle of the second age, however, they just took him as a prisoner. Slowly Sauron gained control of the King's courts in Numenor and persuaded most of them to wage war against the Valar. This led them to be crushed with the only survivors being Elendil and his sons Anorian and Isildur, along with their followers. Also other Numenorians in Middle Earth survived such as the Black Numenorians who came to hold much sway in Harad.

Then Sauron built up his power again, and waged another war, this one resulting in the battle of the Last Alliance.

And furthermore, someone mentioned in this thread that elves usually didn't have dark hair. That's completely false - the only two elves ever to be mentioned with having light hair in the books are Glorfindel and Galadriel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

Colonel Cleg McLeg's Avatar Decanus
    Cardiff or Wrexham, in Wales, depending on the time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Froody View Post
    That was all the kingdom of ARNOR. You must not confuse them with Gondor, they were seperate kingdoms from the beginning. They had the same founders, but all three of them died rather quickly Gondor (who arrived too late in the war against Angmar) really had not much relationship with the elves apart from fighting alongside them in the Last Alliance. That alliance, however, was initiated by the King of Arnor, Elendil.
    Arnor and Gondor were seperate kingdoms, yes, but they were founded at the same time, by the same people, who had the same relationship with elven kind. They were, after all, the Elendili, or "Elf-friends". Elendil, unless I'm mistaken, was actually the High King of Gondor and Arnor, although he did live in the North and had his capital at Annuminas. I believe it was only after his death that the two kingdoms became truly seperate, with Isildur becoming king of Arnor and Anarion becoming king of Gondor.
    And all this doesn't change the fact that there was, even into the Third Age, a populated elven city right in the heart of Gondor.

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

Yes there was but elves left the area when their king Amroth died and that was some times before Gondor was founded and the old elven port was populated by numenorea

And Gondor had almost no contacts or relationships with elves at the time of War of the Ring.

Colonel Cleg McLeg's Avatar Decanus
    Cardiff or Wrexham, in Wales, depending on the time of year.

Actually, Gondor and Arnor were founded in SA 3320, while the story of Amroth began in TA 1981, and at that time, elves still dwelt in Edhellond and built ships for other elves leaving Middle-Earth for the Undying Lands.

this is going to be one of the best mods ever!!!!!

I can see that you think so...you named yourself after it!

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

i love the elves...L O V E LOVE

I'm definitely looking forward to this after seeing the previews of the Elves. I was really Hoping CA would make a Fantasy Total War series. Guess this is as close as it will get. Keep uo the good looking work guys.

mastaace's Avatar Ordinarius

just stunned...

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

can someone wtite a list of all units its done:
    please
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

and one question for moderators:
    would you able to animate this special attack of noldor swordsman like in battle of last alliance(LA) on sloopes of Mt.Doom when they swing they swords from down to up.
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    My Workshop™

King Ardumanish's Avatar Civis

concerning longliving numenoreans:
    the longer lifespan is a gift from the valar because the edain were loyal helpers in first age, but they couldn't give them immortality because only Iluvatar has the power to do this and for this reason they get this longer lifespan and till the downfall of numenor immunity against illnesses. furthermore they get great knowledge in many things but this has nothing to do with this.... their lifespan shorten cos of their wish of immortality and their rising ego. this reached a peak with 22th king Âr-Pharazôn. He took Sauron as prisoner after S. see that he has no chance to triumph against these powerful numenoreans. but the N. had their big ego and so they didnt kill S. but take him as a prisoner in numenor where he get involved in policy of the king very quickly. He influenced Âr-Pharazôn in so many ways that this one believed that he could reach immortality if he conquers Valinor and helps Melkor to get back in to Ea. Therefore he started the Great Armament with so many ships that the western bay of numenor looked like an archipel of thousands of small island with black or golden sails you cannot overlook. During this Armament Amadil, father of Elendil, said to Elendil that he and his sons should take everything useful and beautiful(isuldur steals the last sprout of the white tree nimloth and paid almost with his life but escaped) and escape to the northern harbours in middle earth(Pelargir, Lond Daer, Mithlond) and live there. Amandil himself and 3 loyal companions tried to get to Valinor to speak with the Valar and ask for pardon for his cousin Âr-Pharazôn and his people but nothing more is heard about Amandil then that he started to sail east and folding to north and then to east to be undetected. i think the things now come are clear. The Great Armament sailed to Valinor, Elendil and his sons towards the harbours of the Eledili and get almost shipwrecked, the Armament get on land in Aman and walked to the hill Tuna with its city Tirion which was left at this time and Iluvatar get in huge anger and killed alls soldiers of Âr-Pharazôn with a rockfall from Taniquetil and he opened a gap west of Numenor. this gap absorb all ships of the Great Armament and whole Numenor except the peak of Meneltarma. furthermore Ea gets round and Valinor was engrossed and no longer reachable except for the elves.

Indefinitely Banned

My name says it all,

oh,yes it does
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    My Workshop™

Does anyone know when the next preview will be out?

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.