Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: !!! >> Rome Multiplayer Campaign (!) Mod / Client + Server (RMC) << !!!

Default Re: !!! >> Rome Multiplayer Campaign (!) Mod / Client + Server (RMC) << !!!

Okay I have a few things that might be my problem so if anyone can help please do

1. I have two rome total war campaign icons... One called Rome Total War Campaign Client other Rome Total War Campaign Server Only Serve Opens...

2. When I open server it says path not found but then the application comes up...

3. When my friend and I try to connect (He has exact same problems) it never shows any factions and says you need two people to start

Any help would be appreciated thanks

Default Re: !!! >> Rome Multiplayer Campaign (!) Mod / Client + Server (RMC) << !!!

I dunno the excact reason for the error, but the way I did it was, that I opened op the server program, and fixed it up.

Then I opened the Rome total war campaign client on both machines, and joined the server.

One of the reasons to the error might be because you have your firewall blocking the program.

Hope this was helpful.

-Goppelgroove

Ps: Btw, if you have medieval, you should try the mod: Custom Campaign Mod 2 by Unspoken Knight, it works far better.

i have the multicampaing client and multicampaing server..in the multicampaign server i dont no how do it at the right way..i conect..but its always need two players to start the game..can you please tell how to do it?..

i have the multicampaing server and client..but i dont now how to make it happend..(its need at least two players to start the game)
    can you please tell how to do it at the right way..

Can someone explane me how to play with my friends step by step please??
    and what happen when my friend attack me? Do we play 1 on 1 (we each control our army) or my army is controlled by AI?

sry for my bad english

I've tried with a friend of mine and we, after some work, have reach a result.
    In first line, the server and the client aren't 2 players, because the server only put up the server, and the client goes into the server, but is only one player. You need 2 different clients to go and run the server.

Can someone explane me how to play with my friends step by step please??
    and what happen when my friend attack me? Do we play 1 on 1 (we each control our army) or my army is controlled by AI?
    I don't know what happened if your friend attack you, but if you want to do 1 vs 1 is better (I think) to do a multiplayer game with original rome: total war. Anyway, here you can't do players versus player (PvP), but only player versus computer (PvE). To go with that program you have to follow this steps:
    1- Download the first application (If you want to try the other, that is with expansions, you can do it, but I don't know how it works, it's in test mode, I think =D), because the last one is only for who want to try to modify the game itself;
    2- Install the program that you have just downloaded;
    3- You have to be at last 2 players or more, and you have both to download this program;
    4- Deactivate the firewall;
    5- run the application "Rome multi campaign server", that because you need a host;
    6- If you want to do a LAN game (or hamachi) you just have to modify "system operator name" (I think xD) and put a name that you like... Yes, a random name xD;
    7- In the upper boxes there is one on the left that is like a broken chain. Press it, then the server is up.
    8- to enter in your server, now, you have to open "rome multi campaign client", and select your race (macedon, roman, slave...) your nickname and, more important, the IP address of the host. In case that you use hamachi, put the hamachi IP, not the computer IP;
    9- when all of your friends is connected (you can check it in the list on your left), with the server, in the lower cases on the right, you have to press "start game" and then one of your friends, or you, will start.
    REMEMBER (here me and my friend have spent 3 hours to find this "error" .-.) you have to have the file "Quicksave" in english... If you have the game in english is not a problem, or in detush, but I have the game in italian, and then I had to go in 2 files of Rome: Total War and modify that files from "Salvataggio rapido" to "Quicksave". Have a look at it if you have problems.
    10- When you/he/she start the game, you have to select the same race that you have just selected in the client window and you can modify the difficulties. Then start the campaign;
    11- You have to do your turn and, before you click "finish turn", you have to go in one city of yours, click the "?" on the top of the window that just open and press the button "show me how"... You'll find it, don't worry ;
    12- Here will appear a black screen with the write "succesfully quicksaved" (I hope, because mine is in italian ) and then the game will close and it will begin to fulfill the "Outgoing filetransfer" section;
    13- When your friend have fulfill the other section, that is "Incoming filetransfer", will appear a window that request him/her if he/she wants to go on with the campaign (or someting like that I don't remember very well =D ), and he/she have to accept and to go on.
    14- Then will appear the window like you have just open rome:total war. You have to press "continue campaign, and, when it finish to load the game, to load the quicksave and go on with the campaign;
    15- before he finish the turn, you have to press "show me how" and then you can finish the turn.
    REMEMBER you have to press "show me how" all the times that you and your friend enter in the game.

I hope that this will be a good guide for the beginner... If there are some problems tell them to me and I'll try to help you...
    Last edited by MorsPyro; February 22, 2010 at 02:01 AM.

Hello,

My friend and I just installed this mod and we were trying to test it out, but we have experienced a problem.

Here is what we did:

1. Downloaded and installed the program
    2. Deactivated Firewalls.
    3. Had my friend create the server and we both used clients to log onto that server using a hamachi lan.
    4. We were able to start a game and mine launched first while his did not.
    5. I played through my turn, clicked on a settlement, clicked on the question mark, then clicked on the show me how in the box to the top left.
    6. I then ended my turn and I got a black screen telling me that it saved and then brought me to my desktop showing the outgoing filetransfer.

At this point we had two different scenarios after trying this a dozen or so times.

The first was that the server said there was an error (it was written in Deutsch as opposed to English like everything else which seemed like it had a problem with our port) and we were unable to continue.

The second scenario was much more common.

After I finished my turn and the game saved and transferred, my friend had the message telling him he could continue the game. He clicks okay and it launches the game. He clicks "continue campaign" but it brings back his last single player campaign. Alternatively, he clicks load a game and there is no "quicksave" file.

So that is my problem, we can't get player 2 to start after player 1 finished his turn.

I noticed that it the game tends to load the last "autosave" game, but I don't really know how to fix this problem.

Can you help me?

¿Which version of RTW do we need?

hey i have downladed this mod and i got every thing set up and when my friend was going to join he couldnt find my game please help me

hey i have downladed this mod and i got every thing set up and when i started the game nothing happened please help

This inventer of this mod is very mightiness,Could this mod use for RTW1.5? and when the battle about P v P in campaign, can both sides command the army??

If my friend and I would like to play over the internet, do I need to use hamachi, or can he just enter my IP address and/or the server address?

Thank you!

NapoleonSRB's Avatar Civis

Cant find any games
    Rodjen za Metka

Za sve Srpske dusmane!

Kosovo is Serbia!

Facebook:Петар Пензионер Мирковић

MSN:pero-bl@hotmail.com

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Multyplayer campaign is great think!!!I saw this thread only now and I have some questions for you:
    1.Will it be able for mods?
    2.Will there be able manual battles against PC?
    3.Will there be able manual battles against players?
    4.Isn't it official program or there are several programs made by individuals?
    5.How does it work(mechanism),what shall I do to play with it RTW or a mod of RTW?
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Hi all can somebody show me how to enable the script the advisor won't let me do it maybe the multicampign folder should be in the Rome folder to enable it or show me how to start game with the program because when I click start game nothing happens
    thanks I want to kill my father from Rome.

hi,

the multiplayer is very easy to set up and play, however i have an issue with it. should you enable the script and then end the turn, everytime your turn is over? (which it then automatically sends the file to the next person), however during this end of turn the computer seems to fight some of the battles for the other person, which is rather annoying as we lose those battles. am i doing something wrong?

hello! so a friend and I are REALLY getting frustrated with this, and I'm wondering if there's any of you guys out there who know what the hell they are doing?

We're using Hamachi to host the server, but no matter which one of us is hosting the game, whenever the host clicks to start the game, it says that the other person leaves, even when they don't...then the game waits forever but NEVER STARTS.

People keep on saying to "read the instructions" but the only instructions that I've seen are at the very front of this thread, and they are poorly written, lack detail, and frankly, it feels like whoever wrote the instructions never really used his own program, because using this program is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than what the directions portray it as.

Any help?!?! We can't start a game, even though it says we're both connected in the server list!!!

first, congrats on very fine idea and by what i read on this forum a pleasing good program. hope in future u will find ways and time to improve it further and add new features.
    that leads me to explaining my problem, me and my friend are trying for days to get the program to work, we have been reading this forum, but we cant find solution for our problem.

simple, whoever starts server, him or me, the other1 cant join. we are trying to connect over internet, both of us using routers.

if u can, help. thx upfront.

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Awesome work man.

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by seik89 View Post
    first, congrats on very fine idea and by what i read on this forum a pleasing good program. hope in future u will find ways and time to improve it further and add new features.
    that leads me to explaining my problem, me and my friend are trying for days to get the program to work, we have been reading this forum, but we cant find solution for our problem.

simple, whoever starts server, him or me, the other1 cant join. we are trying to connect over internet, both of us using routers.

if u can, help. thx upfront.
    Are you direct connect or wireless?

BTW can someone who has got this working PLEASE HELP ME!
    Last edited by Darth Ravenous; September 29, 2010 at 07:24 AM.