Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: !!! >> Rome Multiplayer Campaign (!) Mod / Client + Server (RMC) << !!!

Default Re: !!! >> Rome Multiplayer Campaign (!) Mod / Client + Server (RMC) << !!!

Quote Originally Posted by mega nix View Post
    and an other thing.. very sadly that you havent figure out yet how to battle human vs human..

then 2 armies attack each other, can you in some way start the custom game and add the same unit that are in the armies.. and then the battle are over use the resolve data to automatic remove the casualties in the campaign..

this is just a wild shot from someone who dident know anything about the egine and its limits..
    Hey, thats, not possible, sorry...
    You can only play AI vs Human.

Cheats are not disabled, so you have to trust each other! ;-)

Greets,
    Arma

wlesmana's Avatar ILIKE2MOVEITMOVEIT

Default Re: !!! >> Rome Multiplayer Campaign (!) Mod / Client + Server (RMC) << !!!

Well, there is a possibility where the current player could form a big group of his entire army, then set it to "AI Controlled", so he'd be watching 2 AI armies fight it out. It's more fair, I think. It'd be even better if that's automated. So sending your army to fight another army would be hoping the AI general actually knows what he's doing

On another note, I see the possibility of altering this program slightly to give a player the ability to control 2 or more factions at the same time (using 1 client). Would this be worth looking into?

how do you set it on ai controlled?

Please help me !

I have R:TW 1.6 on 2 computers.
    I'm in LAN. I'm starting server and client on the same computer.

login : M
    faction : cartagina (I have it enabled in my rome)
    ip : 127.0.0.1
    port : 8000

succesfully conected to server.

on the other computer in LAN I'm starting client.

login : P
    faction : rome-juli
    ip : 192.168.2.100

(both firewalls were uninstalled)

on server application - "Start Game". I have a massage box on computer with "rome-juli", says that I have to choose new campaign and use the same faction as I choosed in client application. ok, done - ROME opened and I choosed new campaign and the rome-juli faction. Game starts. I moved one of my generals. I'm clicking on the advisor and she says that I have to click "Show-me-how" button before I click "EndTurn". Ok, done, end of turn. after a while I have a massage box in rome, that game was saved...and I can't do anything! I have a black screen. Nothing happens on the computer with "cartagina", ROME game wasn't even start!

1st computer :
    Notebook Dell XPS m1730 with CoreDuo 2,5ghz 4gb RAM & 2x8800GTX SLI
    Windows XP Service pack 2

2nd computer :
    3ghz,4gb RAM & ATI Radeon HD4750

In single player everything is ok.

Please help me

Sorry for my english <shy>

wlesmana's Avatar ILIKE2MOVEITMOVEIT

Quote Originally Posted by mega nix View Post
    how do you set it on ai controlled?
    I don't know if it were possible using battlefield script. But you can enable it manually: choose your entire army and put it in a group. Then press the AI Assist button. Now it's an AI vs AI battle. Maybe it is possible for the client to automate this as an option. I think it will be fun if every player can see how the battle is going, both armies being led by AI, and chat about it

"Oh look he's charging the phalanx!!"
    "No Aurelius you dumb dumb!! Wait for your army!"
    "Dude, your general is a suicidal whacko!"
    "Oh wow, he actually routed the phalanx!"
    "Wow, he's badass!"
    "Uh oh, watch out for the skirmishers!"
    "OOOPS THERE HE GOES!"
    "NOOO AURELIUS YOU DUMBASS!!"
    "RIP: Aurelius: he was awesome, but a javelin got him in the end"
    "LOL"

Quote Originally Posted by marrath View Post
    Please help me !

I have R:TW 1.6 on 2 computers.
    I'm in LAN. I'm starting server and client on the same computer.

login : M
    faction : cartagina (I have it enabled in my rome)
    ip : 127.0.0.1

on the other computer in LAN I'm starting client.

login : P
    faction : rome-juli
    ip : 192.168.2.100

(both firewalls were uninstalled)

on server application - "Start Game". I have a massage box on computer with "rome-juli", says that I have to choose new campaign and use the same faction as I choosed in client application. ok, done - ROME opened and I choosed new campaign and the rome-juli faction. Game starts. I moved one of my generals. I'm clicking on the advisor and she says that I have to click "Show-me-how" button before I click "EndTurn". Ok, done, end of turn. after a while I have a massage box in rome, that game was saved...and I can't do anything! I have a black screen. Nothing happens on the computer with "cartagina", ROME game wasn't even start!

1st computer :
    Notebook Dell XPS m1730 with CoreDuo 2,5ghz 4gb RAM & 2x8800GTX SLI

2nd computer :
    3ghz,4gb RAM & ATI Radeon HD4750

In single player everything is ok.

Please help me

Sorry for my english <shy>
    Hi,

everything works correctly. Please try to press the ALT+Tab Button together to switch to the client when the black screen appears. There you have to answer the question if you are ready and data transfer will begin.

Greets,
    ARMA

But where is the question ? Client doesn't changed and the last info was that is my turn. Should be a message box ? There's no instruction what should I do

Quote Originally Posted by marrath View Post
    But where is the question ? Client doesn't changed and the last info was that is my turn. Should be a message box ? There's no instruction what should I do
    Hey,

if the program works correct, the client recognizes the changed "quicksave.sav" (date and filesize) and will put itself on top of the screen.

then you have a messagebox there, which ask you, if you are ready with your turn. there you have to click "yes" and the data transfer to the next client will begin.

you can test this, if you start a new multiplayer game and press Ctrl+S for Quicksave. Then the messagebox should appear also.

If you used the mod version of my client, maybe it doesn't work. ;-)

Greets,
    ARMA

Hmm... I have BI also, but I'm using normal mod, and romeTW executable, not BI exec.

Hey everybody,

I decided to load the sourcecode up, cause I have no time to continue this project.

It would be great, if theres someone who continues this.

If you'ld like to get the password, just PM me.

Thank you!

Greets,
    ARMA

P.S.: If you want to extract the files, you need WinRAR.

I have it all up and running, and all I can say is great job

all I have left is the 'screenshots' function... will keep working on it, but any specific advice as to how I go about setting up this network drive would be appreciated

edit: still having problems with the network drive.... could anyone maybe take me through it step by step? i'm currently lanning through a hub, but i have routers if that should work better
    Last edited by Maeode; September 26, 2008 at 03:57 PM.

This mod looks cool and I want to try it but me and a friend bought our Rome Total War Gold through steam and we get errors that say "Cannot Find Steam" Is there a fix for this?

I'm trying this but I can't quite figure it out. A friend has been able to connect but when I (the admin) start the game, RTW starts for him but not me. When he ends his turn nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Could someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me. I've wanted a mod like this ever since I started playing RTW, please help me!

The advisor never pops up for us to activate the script, how do we do it then?
    Last edited by RavenOne; November 25, 2008 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenOne View Post
    The advisor never pops up for us to activate the script, how do we do it then?
    Make sure you haven't blocked advisor. Ask your friend to check out game options at the beginning of his turn and set advise level for low or more. If that doesn't help for both problems come back asking

btw first post

if u need a new lobby for the network games try gameranger, our clan used this when gamespy was screwing up a few weeks ago (no i am not advertising lol)

Hey, I need some help.
    This program seems legit, and I have it working up to the point where you get someone else to join.
    My and my younger sibling wish to play together, we run on two different computers on the same router, and of course, have the same IP. I can create a server, and join that server myself with the client tool. However, no matter how much I try I can't get the second computer on the server. I'm on the wireless, and he is on a cable connecting to the router.
    How can I get the second computer to link to my server?

I have matched ports properly, and both of the computers server addresses are the same.

I'm no computer expert, but any help on the matter would be appreciated.

good day,
    plague

Can anyone tell me the password via PM for getting the source code?

hey someone could give me the pass please?? i wold love to play a campaign with my friend.

Try sending a pm to the OP.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

When i click Start the game, ist says i should not forget to activate the script. but i can't find a script and i can't find the advisor or sth like that...
    looking for quick help