Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: !!! >> Rome Multiplayer Campaign (!) Mod / Client + Server (RMC) << !!!

Default Re: !!! >> Rome Multiplayer Campaign (!) Mod / Client + Server (RMC) << !!!

Ok, thanks for the work Arma.

Have a problem, The server wont launch the game. Either for me or a friend.
    Its just the two of us with two comps, so we have to run the client and server on one of the comps and the client on the other. We are playing over the internet, with no router for either of us.

Help please.
    Thanks.

Default Re: !!! >> Rome Multiplayer Campaign (!) Mod / Client + Server (RMC) << !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
    Ok, thanks for the work Arma.

Have a problem, The server wont launch the game. Either for me or a friend.
    Its just the two of us with two comps, so we have to run the client and server on one of the comps and the client on the other. We are playing over the internet, with no router for either of us.

Help please.
    Thanks.
    Hi,

try to use "hamachi".
    thats a free vpn software to simulate a LAN.

https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/vpn.asp

Its easy to use so try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
    so we have to run the client and server on one of the comps and the client on the other. We are playing over the internet, with no router for either of us.
    Yeah, you have done it right.

Can the clients connect to the server and are they visible in the clientlist?

If the clients have joined the game, you press the "start-game" button and normaly the first client is at his turn.

Hope i could help a little...

If it doesnt help please post again!

Greets,
    ARMA
    Last edited by xARMAGEDDONx; June 23, 2008 at 02:50 PM.

Thanks for the response Arma. I will try Hamachi out and see.

We did have a problem with the clients being able to see the players. The server saw both of us but we couldnt see each other on the client side.

Thanks,
    X

Congrats!. Arma, brillant bit of software here

I tried it over hamachi and its works perfectly..but I am curious if is there any hope for battles between human players ? :hmmm:

Thanks very much for program again...

BTW: How can I watch other player, it is greyed out in my case..?
    Last edited by HeroSK; May 23, 2008 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroSK View Post
    BTW: How can I watch other player, it is greyed out in my case..?
    Hi,

you can watch other players only in LAN, cause you need a networkdrive option activated.

Greets,
    ARMA

Help me my friend and i are trying to start it but it doesent work

Please read the above instructions.
    it works.

greets,
    arma

Xelvod's Avatar Libertus

What password and name of windows i must put in Rome MultiCampaign Server

Icon4 Re: !!! >> Rome Multiplayer Campaign (!) Mod / Client + Server (RMC) << !!!

Hi,

I've got a problem here. I have a belkin router. After the clients conected to the server, I start the game. I am playing with a dell computer, that is the server. I have a notebook too.

When I send the information from the computer to the notebook, I've got an error, cause the ip adress and the port aren´t the same as the server. But when I send from the notebook to the PC, works fine.

Is there a way to configure the client of the computer to send the information for the ip and port of the notebook?

My pc have:

IP: ...168.2.3
    Port: ...8000

Notebook: ...168.2.2
    Port: ...8002

Sorry, my english is too bad.

Thanx.

Icon7 Re: !!! >> Rome Multiplayer Campaign (!) Mod / Client + Server (RMC) << !!!

Hey, it was the firewall of the notebook.

Now it is working.

But the screeshot isn't. Any help?

thanx

Hi,

there is no solution for screenshots over the internet.

you have to play in LAN to watch the other player playing, cause you need much network traffic.

greets,
    arma

Xelvod's Avatar Libertus

Whay when my friend and me want to play program say there have to be at least 2 players???? frend and me are 2 WTF?

@Xelvod
    The one being the server, should also be a client and connect to his own server. (If I get it right) So are you sure you did that?

And now to my own problem
    My friend and I hooked up our pc's(LAN) and tried the program. When I was the server I could find myself, when he was the server he could find himself but we couldnt find eachother. We tried several things:
    -Hooking up directly, no router involved
    -Firewalls disabled
    -With router but with the router opening the ports, or whatever thats called.
    But it didnt work.
    Then we thought, screw this. So we decided to just play custom and historical battles against eachother. Thus the LAN connection worked fine

Any suggestions would be happily tried out. Plz, help us

Quote Originally Posted by Sinthoras View Post
    @Xelvod
    The one being the server, should also be a client and connect to his own server. (If I get it right) So are you sure you did that?

And now to my own problem
    My friend and I hooked up our pc's(LAN) and tried the program. When I was the server I could find myself, when he was the server he could find himself but we couldnt find eachother. We tried several things:
    -Hooking up directly, no router involved
    -Firewalls disabled
    -With router but with the router opening the ports, or whatever thats called.
    But it didnt work.
    Then we thought, screw this. So we decided to just play custom and historical battles against eachother. Thus the LAN connection worked fine

Any suggestions would be happily tried out. Plz, help us
    There are several things you could do:
    1. try to enable the both firewalls and watch if there is a block-message if you try to connect to each other...
    2. Try to use hamachi (i posted it above) if you want to play over the internet...
    3. check your ports on the router and enable NAT (Network adress translation) on all the ports you use (normally: 8000,8001,8002)

hamachi is the most easiest solution! try to use this first.

greets,
    arma

Is there a way to use this software with rtw mods?
    Thx!

Hey,

you can use this software with every RTW mod. But both clients have to make shure that they have installed the same mod version, cause this software has no version checking integrated.

greets,
    arma

Quote Originally Posted by xARMAGEDDONx View Post
    Hey,

you can use this software with every RTW mod. But both clients have to make shure that they have installed the same mod version, cause this software has no version checking integrated.

greets,
    arma
    Thx!

OK I tested it on my Vista pc and I can connect to server no problem.Looking for a couple of players to test it full tilt.

Later,

Team Member--Living in the Day of the Eagle! The Eagle not the Dove--

@armegaddon, how are battles played with this?

since for Augustus! (see my sig) i'm using Myrddraal's script
    maybe for a second one we could use yours?
    plz tell me how the battles are fought!

Valerius Tiberius
    One land, One king

Proud member of the SPQR TW community

hey, i've very briefly tested it with my housemate and it works, but his computer sucks and so was trying to get two clients running on my PC. but it keeps coming up with the error: "Anwendung lauft bereits!" which i assume means that the application is already running.

so i tried running it as the Administrator and then a Temporary user but it keeps coming up with that error.

i'm using Vista x64, is there a way I can open two clients on my PC?