Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: !!! >> Rome Multiplayer Campaign (!) Mod / Client + Server (RMC) << !!!

Willowran's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: !!! >> Rome Multiplayer Campaign (!) Mod / Client + Server (RMC) << !!!

:http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...mpaign-Release

Now there are a couple things to note:

1: the hotseat script generator does not seem to work on computers past the Windows XP Operating System. I am still on XP, so if you have difficulties with the generator, just PM me and i can get you your script.
    2: Sometimes the advice.txt file (described in the thread) will have portions of it commented out. I put this down to a slight differential between SEGA or Activision versions of RTW. In the event that you are unable to click on the "show me how" button as described, again, PM me and i can send out my own txt which DOES work.
    3: Most important Error/Bug: recently i have been made aware of a glitch in the script. for some users, trying to load the save will CTD, or send them back to the main menu of RTW. I have no idea what is causing that error. If that happens to you, PM me, and i can suggest a fix for you that i have been using in the hotseat(s) i have hosted here.

Any questions, either post here or (better) PM me.

If you are confused by the link, or just dont feel like learning the shtuff, PM me and i can set up all the files you need/tell you how to work it. In that event, i will need to know the number of players, and what factions they will be playing as.

Default Re: !!! >> Rome Multiplayer Campaign (!) Mod / Client + Server (RMC) << !!!

when i try to run the client it says anwendung lauft bereitis it still says it when i close all of my windows

Please can someone help me, me and my friend really want to play this mod, but when i click "Start the Game", it just start RTW and i am at meny, what should i do?

Which mod are you using, the one i found, or the other one?

tryin to play online campaign, i downloaded the program at the begining of this post and the two script programs but when i try to open the file it says "please open RomeTW.exe". i cant find it anywhere in my files, how do i fix this problem?

I cannot help you. I do not know anything about the original program.

the RomeTW.exe program is Rome:Total War itself, but i am not sure why it would be telling you to open it... the file can be found in my computer>c drive>program files (maybe program files x86)>Activision/The Creative Assembly>Rome:Total War

Willowran, i hope you can help me but every time i try to open up the client start it always says awendung lauft bereits which translates to application already running, even when i close everything it still says it. Please help if you can.

I cannot help with the mod/client + server (RMC), as i have no idea how that works. However, i havea different way to allow for multiplayer campaigns, which does work in almost every case. I would suggest uninstalling the client, and looking at my post at the top of this page to worka round your issue.

I am assuming, based on translation, that your computer is not english-made? Does it have the task manager, accessed by hitting control-alt-delete simultaneously? First go there and check the applications tab, and make sure they are all closed. Second, go to the "processes" tab. Be careful with these, as some should NOT be closed. Look for any application related to RTW, or whichever application is supposedly still running. If you see any, end them. However, i cannot think of any processes that work with RTW...

If you are using the mod posted on the first page of the thread, i cannot help you beyond the above, as, again, i do not have that mod and have no idea how it works.

if you like, i could set it all up for you: you could tell me which factions you want in the multiplayer campaign, and i can create the files you need, and tell you where they need to go, and how to use them.

Which version of RTW do you have? Is it in english, or a forgien (for me) language?

Please get back to me, and we can work out a solution together.
    Last edited by Willowran; July 13, 2012 at 01:05 AM.

First off, my laptop is English (it's a Toshiba) but for some reason that part was in German. You might not be able to help me since I'm using the Multiplayer Mod. But I uninstalled everything and closed everything related to it, and still when i launch the Client it says application already running. Also, RTW is in English.

Yes... i cannot help you with the client. However, as i said, i have a different multiplayer campaign mod you coudl always use instead... Have you read throughout this thread? have you read any possible ''readme''s?

Quote Originally Posted by MorsPyro View Post
    I've tried with a friend of mine and we, after some work, have reach a result.
    In first line, the server and the client aren't 2 players, because the server only put up the server, and the client goes into the server, but is only one player. You need 2 different clients to go and run the server.

I don't know what happened if your friend attack you, but if you want to do 1 vs 1 is better (I think) to do a multiplayer game with original rome: total war. Anyway, here you can't do players versus player (PvP), but only player versus computer (PvE). To go with that program you have to follow this steps:
    1- Download the first application (If you want to try the other, that is with expansions, you can do it, but I don't know how it works, it's in test mode, I think =D), because the last one is only for who want to try to modify the game itself;
    2- Install the program that you have just downloaded;
    3- You have to be at last 2 players or more, and you have both to download this program;
    4- Deactivate the firewall;
    5- run the application "Rome multi campaign server", that because you need a host;
    6- If you want to do a LAN game (or hamachi) you just have to modify "system operator name" (I think xD) and put a name that you like... Yes, a random name xD;
    7- In the upper boxes there is one on the left that is like a broken chain. Press it, then the server is up.
    8- to enter in your server, now, you have to open "rome multi campaign client", and select your race (macedon, roman, slave...) your nickname and, more important, the IP address of the host. In case that you use hamachi, put the hamachi IP, not the computer IP;
    9- when all of your friends is connected (you can check it in the list on your left), with the server, in the lower cases on the right, you have to press "start game" and then one of your friends, or you, will start.
    REMEMBER (here me and my friend have spent 3 hours to find this "error" .-.) you have to have the file "Quicksave" in english... If you have the game in english is not a problem, or in detush, but I have the game in italian, and then I had to go in 2 files of Rome: Total War and modify that files from "Salvataggio rapido" to "Quicksave". Have a look at it if you have problems.
    10- When you/he/she start the game, you have to select the same race that you have just selected in the client window and you can modify the difficulties. Then start the campaign;
    11- You have to do your turn and, before you click "finish turn", you have to go in one city of yours, click the "?" on the top of the window that just open and press the button "show me how"... You'll find it, don't worry ;
    12- Here will appear a black screen with the write "succesfully quicksaved" (I hope, because mine is in italian ) and then the game will close and it will begin to fulfill the "Outgoing filetransfer" section;
    13- When your friend have fulfill the other section, that is "Incoming filetransfer", will appear a window that request him/her if he/she wants to go on with the campaign (or someting like that I don't remember very well =D ), and he/she have to accept and to go on.
    14- Then will appear the window like you have just open rome:total war. You have to press "continue campaign, and, when it finish to load the game, to load the quicksave and go on with the campaign;
    15- before he finish the turn, you have to press "show me how" and then you can finish the turn.
    REMEMBER you have to press "show me how" all the times that you and your friend enter in the game.

I hope that this will be a good guide for the beginner... If there are some problems tell them to me and I'll try to help you...
    This is great, but one thing i have a Problem with...its 9. I have the German Version of the Game and MorsPyro say that i have to modify 2 files in ''Quicksave'' but i don't know which files he mean. Because when i a Game with a friend (with Hamachi) the Game saves after Ending my turn but the Saves Folder of the Multiplayer mod is still empty, so the filetransfer can't start. Now i need to know which files i had to modify to solve this Problem.

I know Arma isn't here anymore, but maybe someone else can help me to solve my problem.

reply in english
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

oops. lemme see...

Ohhhh! ok. MorsPyro is telling you to go to your "Rome: Total War" folder, then "saves" and rename the file (which, in german would be something like) "schnelle sparen.sav" to "quicksave.sav".

If the saves folder is empty, then that is an entirely different problem which i cannot help you with.

If the file transfer will not take place, you can always pull the save file from your singleplayer version of RTW and email it to your buddy...it should work the same way?

antworten auf Deutsch
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hoppla. Lemme sehen ...

Ohhhh! ok. MorsPyro sagt Ihnen, Ihre go "Rome: Total War"-Ordner, dann "speichert" und benennen Sie die Datei "Schnelle sparen.sav" auf "quicksave.sav" (die, auf Deutsch etwa so aussehen würde).

Wenn die Saves Ordner leer ist, dann ist das ein ganz anderes Problem, das ich nicht helfen, können Sie mit.

Wenn die Datei-Übertragung nicht stattfinden wird, kann man immer ziehen die save-Datei von Ihrem Singleplayer-Version von RTW und mailen Sie es in Ihre Freundesliste auf ... Es sollte die gleiche Art und Weise zu arbeiten?

does this help?
    Last edited by Willowran; August 05, 2012 at 12:56 PM.

Hello

Me and a friend of mine have tried to do the MP campaign.Unfortunately we couldn't start the game. We both connected to the server, when the server starts only his RTW starts up, mine does not.

Extra info:

- We have the same game version
    - We have tried Hamachi as well
    - Connection is not a problem, only the startup of RTW.exe

please help

I have no clue, sorry.

Hannibal Baca's Avatar Decanus
    Serbia in Multicipi of Bajina Basta in small vilage called Gvozdac

Does this multiplayer have battles ?
    On the battle field not just skip ?

Developer also i am part of Rise of Nations and Black Knights.
    Tiger of Islam Group

The multiplayer campaign mod's (i know of mine, and am PRETTY sure about the other) CAN do battlemap.

However, if you wanted to battlemap a battle then you would always be facing the AI, it would NOT a human player-vs-player battle. As such, if you play such a cmapaign i suggest you implement a "only autoresolve vs a human player" rule, else things will always be in the favour of the attacker.

Hannibal Baca's Avatar Decanus
    Serbia in Multicipi of Bajina Basta in small vilage called Gvozdac

Hmm,maybe to play curstoms and then dissmis cearten amount of units ....

Developer also i am part of Rise of Nations and Black Knights.
    Tiger of Islam Group

How would you compensate for experience earned? And what about units who have been slightly injured? It just doesn't make much sense to fight battles against the human-controlled factions, because attackers will always have advantage

You could always save the game, set up multiplayer custom battle where you generalised the experience, and unit counts, and fought each battle like that.... but it seems like a waste of time, in most cases...

your campaign, your rules. As a general statement... complete has the right of it.

Hi,

I just installed the multiplayer mod, and i tried playing with a few friends. Then it is their turn, everything works like sunshine. But when it is my turn and I try to run the game, it gives me an error message saying "steam not found" can anyone help me to fix this?

Kind regards,
    DragonSlayer666