hit the tilde key (~) to bring up the console, then type:
    toggle_fow
    Sweet, ty ty.

Indefinitely Banned
    The People's Glorious Republic of Ireland

Default Re: Post your Empires!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiant View Post
    How do you do that then?
    and if you are using a UK keyboard its @(uppercase')

Poqzt's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by HitmanIRL View Post
    and if you are using a UK keyboard its @(uppercase')
    And Scandinavian (or swedish at least ) it's ö.

I haven't played that much games with 6.0 so far, but I I think I'm seeing a patern here, it seems that Portugal is significantly more agressive and successfull in 6.0 when A.I. controlled, look at the ingame images from most player's games.

Look at their behaviour, they quickly conquer Silves and them rapidly conquer Badajoz, this can give them an initial economical boost.

Khwarezmian Empire, Late Campaign, Turn 115, H/VH. Shah Ala-addin has conquered the Mongols and is now pushing the western borders against the Turks and Fatimids. Sadly he's quite old now, and won't be around for many turns anymore. He's the best general and king I've had in SS.

As for the situation on the map. Lithuanians seem to grown nicely, and also Danes have carved a good empire. France and HRE are in big trouble while Genoa has expanded its territories. Also Byzantium has problems with Venice and Turks, and I conquered Constantinople a while ago on a Jihad, but now we are actually allies.

Nice empire!

Icon1 Re: Post your Empires!

This is an update to my Late era Teutonic campaign, VH/VH, after turn 31 (1250 AD):

By powerwizard at 2008-04-29

I finally reached Moscow! Instantly renamed it to Barbarossa, as other Russian cities got the names of former German monarchs too (like Friedrichstatt, Arnulfsburg).

But now I'm in bit of a dilemma. I know the Mongols will arrive soon, so maybe it's OK to destroy all the buildings and leave Barbarossa, and close the Drang nach Osten.

However, if I turn back, I have to pick my next prey (opponent), who should I choose? Danes, Polish or Kiev?

Or should I push on deeper to russian territory risking the total collapse of my state? In which direction do the Mongols usually go in the game?

Feedback, suggestions are welcome.

P.S. Hochmeister Gunther (my faction leader in the bottom of the picture) is a really tough guy! He never lost a battle yet and is unable to die, even in a bunch of spears!

shenryyr's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWizard View Post
    But now I'm in bit of a dilemma. I know the Mongols will arrive soon, so maybe it's OK to destroy all the buildings and leave Barbarossa, and close the Drang nach Osten.

However, if I turn back, I have to pick my next prey (opponent), who should I choose? Danes, Polish or Kiev?

Or should I push on deeper to russian territory risking the total collapse of my state? In which direction do the Mongols usually go in the game?
    Don't vacate Moscow, it's an excellent city... take Yaroslavl, Murom, etc.. everything you can before ending the war with Novgorod. The Mongols have to get through the Cumans before they can touch you.

And as for who next, why not Kiev to take out another Orthodox faction. Unless of course one of your catholic neighbors is excommunicated
    my other horse is a space ship

Holy Roman Empire, Turn 101, M/M
    Playing at a 0.50 years per turn rate.

The empire started aggressively, taking Metz, Prague and Wroclaw within twenty turns using scratch armies formed from militia and castle garrisons. Mass alliances were formed with surrounding nations to allow security while expansion was underway.

My princess married a polish general with 6 command stars, but after taking Stettin, he rebelled on me. I moved him into the wilderness to cool down, while my emperor and his army took Groningen, Hamburg and Madgeburg. He won the crown, then died a few turns later, ending the rebellion.

By this point I have masses of money, and pumping it all into civic projects. The cities were constantly building things, the wooden castles all being built into true stone castles. Staufen became my main military hub for quite some time, having developed the fastest, it gave birth to several army stacks.

The first crusade was called, and my new emperor, along with the polish general took a massive army into the holy land and took Acre, exterminating the population before handing it over to the Knights Templar. The victorious army returned to Bologna to discover war with Venice, who were at war with my Hungarian Allies, and excommunicated, was a reality. The battered but by no means beaten crusade force threw itself into the campaign, destroying the seige of Bologna before moving south to take Anacona, while a fresh, state of the art army from Innsbruck took Venice.

The pope (spineless worm that he is) decided Venice had taken enough of a beating at my hand and reconciled them, which leads to my present situation. While not attacking any cities, several major field battles have been fought, with massive Venetian casuilties. The mighty Imperial forces now have a decisive edge, with four full stack armies approaching the eastern Venetian provinces. It is going to be a long brutal war.... for Venice atleast

Image will be forthcomming when imageshack is cooperating again.

shenryyr's Avatar Semisalis

Default Golden Horde final

Final update of Golden Horde campaign, vh/vh

Another 16 turns of rapid expansion, and we're to the point of no return. 30k profit each turn, 3 full stack armies marching through Kiev, 3 more in the holy lands, allies with the Fatimids, Novgorod, and Byzantines. We've pushed all the way to our allies lands, meaning it's time to backstab someone. But I'm done, this is enough of the horde for me, it's too easy once you make this much money.

The only weird thing that happened was killing the Kievan Leader and Heir in the same fight(the siege of Pereyaslav), but the faction not being destroyed.

We fought a monumental battle for Damascus. After laying siege, the KoJ arrived with multiple armies to save the city, but 2 heroic victories later, Syria was ours. Give it a shot yourself! Savefile is below.
    Last edited by shenryyr; April 29, 2008 at 10:57 PM.
    my other horse is a space ship

@ Powerwizard

How can you change the name of cities during your game?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Since_1985 View Post
    @ Powerwizard

How can you change the name of cities during your game?
    you simply click on the city name in the top of the city window, delete it with backspace or delete button and type in your desired name

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWizard View Post
    you simply click on the city name in the top of the city window, delete it with backspace or delete button and type in your desired name
    No ing way, I didn't know that +rep

Icon1 Re: Golden Horde final

Quote Originally Posted by shenryyr View Post
    Final update of Golden Horde campaign, vh/vh

Another 16 turns of rapid expansion, and we're to the point of no return. 30k profit each turn, 3 full stack armies marching through Kiev, 3 more in the holy lands, allies with the Fatimids, Novgorod, and Byzantines. We've pushed all the way to our allies lands, meaning it's time to backstab someone. But I'm done, this is enough of the horde for me, it's too easy once you make this much money.
    Wow! Great empire, well carved out!

To make things tougher: exchange all your settlements with the Scots, and try to invade Europe from the northwest.

BTW, teutonic campaign, I took your hint and pushed on deeper to russian territory. It seems profitable as TK armies are relatively slow moving and relocating them to the western borders would take 5-6 years. And with russian stacks and more cities on my neck, I am forced to the further Ostsiedlung. Hope the Cumans will delay the Mongol express for a good amount of turns, giving me time to prepare.

Teutonic update.

Eastern borders, eagerly waiting for the Cuman and/or Mongol invasion:

By powerwizard at 2008-05-01

Now this is the funkiest part of my empire, the Teutonics utilized the third wave of the crusades and travelled to the Holy Land with great zeal. If they made a hike, they decided to capture some cities for fun:

As you can see the Teutonic Knights (with the lead of Arnoldt the Brave) captured each and every city in their way! It was quite a blitzkrieg! After the capture of Constantinople, Adrianople and Nicea, I traded these 3 cities for the north-eastern Danish cities neighboring my mainland (Fafnir and Wilhelmshaven). (Oh and I didn't forget to destroy all buildings before I gave them away, just in case. Anyway, Const. was recaptured in the next turn by the Bizzies ).
    I made the same capture/destruction/trade with 3 asia minor Turkish large cities for a Kievan fortress that was a very annoying sting neighboring my empire too. (Note the Kievan city northwest to Antioch.)

My knights finally arrived exhausted to the Holy Land, but still kept on capturing those three cities you can see in the screen above. With the consecutive capture of 6 Turkish settlements, the Turkish faction was overthrown and destroyed by the rebels. They were a top 5 faction before. ROTF LMAO!

Now this is my mainland, 3 of my largest cities alone make 9k / turn. Mehehehehe.

This is the situation with the traded Danish settlement, they made allies with me, gave me the city, but don't intend to move their ass out of my land. What can i do?

Finally i show you the stats (sorry, no whole world map toggle_fow, as console key isn't working), with a diplomacy info:

The uprising line is mine, and finally the top 2 factions are all German.
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; May 01, 2008 at 10:03 AM.

Scotland, 25 turns in, VH/VH

She ain't much, but I loves her the way she is. I reckon I'll either invade Norway or Ireland next.. probably Norway, they're much weaker.

Khawerzm Late Campaign, H/VH, Turn 169

After 169 turns I've finally reached the zenith of the technology tree, and can get all the units. And as usual, this the point I get bored and start a new campaign. I'd really like to play this campaign trough, since I think I've never ever actually finished a single long campaign in M2TW. I just like to turtle and at some point I lose interest and never win. So I thought I'd make this Empire overview to increase the interest to see it trough.

Me - Khawerzm: The start was the hardest part. Mongols had a lot of great stacks and I had one mediocre and I had no money to build more units in the first 10 turns. Lost the three nearest settlements until I could finally take the offensive. It took about 40 turns to eradicate the Mongols. After that I conquered the rest of Persia with my Shah, Ala-addin, the fiercest general the world had ever seen. He lived up till 65 years, and finally died after conquering Kerak.

Others in the top five factions:

Denmark:
    They conquered Norway very early on, I guess Norway had some problems with revolts. Since then Denmark has fended off attacks from Scotland to Bergen and Eikundarsund, and tried to conquer some settlements from the southern side of the Baltic Sea with rather some success. They also crusaded Vienna.

Genoa:
    They conquered parts of Southern France and established a good economy, and from that base have launched a successful campaign against the Moors.

Scotland:
    Scots have actually managed to get their empire expanded beyond Britain. They wage constant war against England, and take turns reconquering York. Despite several attempts to gain a stronghold in Scandinavia, they failed against the Danes and seem to have abandoned that and concentrated their military campaign in HRE:s land, and have had great success conquering northern Germany.

Venice:
    Venice hasn't actually made anything impressive, other that held their ground against Hungarians and HRE, and conquered Greece from the Byzantines. Solid progress nonetheless.

Smaller Factions:

Lithuania:
    Actually about the same rank as Venice, they have conquered a nice empire for themselves in the north. I'm sure it hasn't been easy.

Cumans:
    Living in the steppes means they don't really have many enemies. And since I was allied with them for a long time and haven't bothered to qonquer more than a few regions from them, they have had good success against Novgorod, but suffer with rebelling cities.

Moors:
    A never-ending battle against the Iberian factions. Although now they're in a bit of trouble since Genoa has conquered most of the North-African coast settlements.

Leon-Castile:
    Allied with Aragon, warred against the moors for hundedreds of years with little success.

Aragon:
    Have also tried to gain control of Cordoba from the Moors, Tolouse from France, but have had no success.

Portugal:
    At first they tried to conquer Ireland but didn't manage it, so they conquered west France instead. After that Leon-Castile and The Moors gangbanged them in the Iberian peninsula.

England:
    They had some problems with Ireland in the beginning and lost Nottingham to them for some turns. After that they've tried to conquer Scots with no success, and the campaign in France have availed nought.

Ireland:
    Had some problems with Invading Portuguese and English, but managed to hold their own and haven't tried anything after that. They just sit in their little island with three stacks.

HRE:
    Have had serious problems with all the surrounding factions, haven't been able to fend them off. They also had some problems with rebelling cities. Now HRE is just some fortresses near the German Alps.

Poland:
    They've managed survive admirably, but haven't really been able to make a decisive blow against it's enemies.

Papal States:
    Haven't gone mad at least yet. Sicily have tried to war against them, but really don't have the means for it.

Sicily:
    Never made any success. Tried to conquer Northern Africa, but failed. Tried to attack Papal States, epic fail.

Byzantine Empire:
    Has dwindled from the start. Consists now only of Adrianople, Canakkale and Durazzo. I conquered Constantinople some 100 turns ago and have been allied with them ever since. It's tough to see them be so helpless against Venice, Hungarians and Turks.

Hungary:
    As their usual way, they've waged endless wars against the Byzantines, but haven't had much success, since they've had to deal with Venice too. Now they thought they could take Constantinople from me. a BAD mistake. They think they can take a city from an Empire ten times their size?

Kievan Rus:
    Have actually managed to keep their lands and actually conquered some of Novgorods. At some point they also thought it would be a great idea to stop trading with me and instead attack Constantinople with a half stack militia army.

Novgorod:
    Have been all but destroyed, with only a few strongholds left. I guess they had serious problems with rebelling, and the neighbouring factions did the rest.

Turks:
    Managed to carve a nice empire, until I had set my eye on their lands. They've actually offered a nice adversary, and thrown a lot of great stacks against me. Those Qapukulu are quite fearsome, and I didn't have as good infantry as their Dismounted Hashams. But I had Elephants instead. Only three units of them used though.

Fatimids:
    Conquered most of the Kingdom of Jerusalem regions. Now all but destroyed. I thought I'd vassal them, but they won't accept. Khasseki were also quite fearsome adversaries.

Kingdom of Jerusalem:
    Live now only in Cyprus. Lost their territories even though they held for some time against the Fatimids.

Destroyed Factions:
    Norway: never did anything really, rebelled cities, conquered by Danes.

Teutonic Order: Didn't have the power to fight against Denmark and
    Lithuania. Still presumably "alive" although they have no settlements or units.

Mongols: Destroyed by me. Tried their best and took three settlements, but were afterwards thwarted.

France: Lost their territories to Portugal, Genoa and England. They did try to push to HRE territory, but were eventually killed off.

20 regions still to go. It would mean I'd have to conquer part of Europe. I haven't really decided what I'll do after I've conquered Anatolia. Perhaps I'll send an army to destroy the Papal States.

Good game!

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

now to finish Hungary and start war with Bizantium ;]
    Last edited by MarquisWu; May 14, 2008 at 09:45 AM.

What's this doing on page 5?

My current campaign, helping the Turks out because those don't manage to do it alone. First, early in the campaign, they let themselves overrun by the Cumans - that's why there are all those Fatimid settlements up north, I called Jihad after Jihad on the Cumans and later on helped finishing them. Second, they let the BE get half their territory, so I sent my Imperial Guard. They lost Nicaea to rebels and Constantinople to the BE, I guess I have to push religion before giving them any cities, so that's what I'm doing there.
    I also have an ongoing Jihad up north against that easternmost Kievan settlement and three more armies besieging Yaroslaw.
    From there on it will be further south killing the Kievan and also onto the Balkans. Afterwards, let's see.