Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bernie Sanders on the Colbert Report

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Default Re: Bernie Sanders on the Colbert Report

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    It just happened to be dominated by conservatives because Trump tapped in the fear of immigrants and economic insecurity.

Yeah.. he spent the best part of 20 years toying with both parties. I think it was only during the Obama years that he spotted his opportunity with the GOP fringe. I doubt that the party matters to him, or the policy leaning. They're just tools for self promotion for him.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    "Not progressive enough for me" doesn't make them both conservative.
    Many Republicans are not conservatives in the sense of anti-intellectual Trumpism. And I would dare say that anti-intellectual alternative-facts populism is not a conservative movement. It just happened to be dominated by conservatives because Trump tapped in the fear of immigrants and economic insecurity.
    Liberalism is center right and Neoliberalism is right center. Anti-intellectual alternative-facts populism is a hallmark of conservative movements often. Even in “communist” countries such movements indicate a shift either towards the right or towards oligarchy which in essence is right leaning. Think of the ancient Greeks, democrats/oligarchs was the main way to describe the opposing types of government. Nothing special there.

1. I think I told my colleagues in mid twenty nineteen that Biden is the likely Democratic nominee, and Harris would be his running mate to balance off the ticket between an old white male, with a young black female, relatively speaking; so her attacking him during the primaries might have looked tactically unsound, but strategically irrelevant, unless she wanted to actually be the nominee, which likely would have ensured a loss, not just because of racism and misogyny, just because she's not quite as unbeloved as Hillary.

2. In all things, there is a balance, and all empires decline and fall; obviously, in America, different tribes have come to the opinion that their particular needs aren't being met, without understanding how a compromise, or a series thereof, would benefit all of them.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Indefinitely Banned

The old will die. It will all work out for the US. A fantastic part of being wealthy is you can prosper from your ups and I don't mean in that lmao learned something way cope.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12