Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 6.0 Bug Reports & Known bugs list

Default Re: 6.0 Bug Reports & Known bug list

OK theres a small map bug on the city of Antioch , the two bridges are too close to the settlement , so if a friendly or neutral nations army passes by , it will get stuck , since the only way passing is to step one more step close to the city then next turn you get to pass (but AI doesn't know XD)

OR they could attack you (but since they are friendly and neutral LOL)

you get the idea ? i got like armies stuck outside my city of Anotich XD

TheColdTruth's Avatar Ordinarius

Don't know if anyone els said this already but Lithuania has no speeches before a battle just cheering.

Quote Originally Posted by strife1013 View Post
    restart you computer first if that doesnt work try to reinstall.
    Did nothing. I've reinstalled Kingdoms once already, and everything on vanilla works just fine. I've reinstalled parts 1 and 2 at least four times now. Just finished downloading Part 2 again to see if I had a corrupted download, but it didn't fix anything either.

Alright I really like 6.0 but got a bug after playing a while the game CTDs during early era campaign don't know about late era. I've been playing around with different factions and everytime i get to like turn 20-30 the game CTDs then when i reload it will play another turn then CTD it may be that my exterior harddrive is overheating which I think is the reason, but in case anyone else is experiencing this just thought I would post it.

I've gone 90 turns in an early campaign without a single CTD...

stoma's Avatar Libertus

In hotseat mode one of my friends was Geneo.
    Venice attacked Milian and my friend went with an army to attack it to and try to make Venice go away somehow.
    I played my turn then Venice attacked Milian and my friend's battle thing said the odds were 1:20000 and he could not withdraw because "he was under siege."
    He could not play it either it just crashed.
    So he had to auto-resolve and give Venice the city.

The Turks are recruiting a whole bunch of Dismounted Sipahi Lancers -- 50% or more of their infantry. I think it's a fairly elite units, seems like a very high proportion...

Biarchus

The basic English Longbowmen don't have a mele wepon. They fight and kill with it, but you can't see it, at least I can't.

A full strength heavy axemen unit (Merc) defending atop a wall against a unit of Dismounted Sipahi Lancers (Turks), climbing ladders -- the Axemen were reduced to 19 men and broke, while the Sipahi lose 8 men. Something is very unbalanced there, the axemen should have at least held their own...

Um.......one thing I noticed that bothered me (I dont know if it was said before) was that the "Retinue Longbowmen" had a defence of two for their shield..........they dont have a shield, I dont know about the other Longbow units though.

Why do i have a feeling 6.1 is going to be like 500MB of little corrections.

THARN's Avatar Senator

for those of you who are getting ctd's at the end of a turn while the computer is doing its turn.
    Try this. load your auto save then- save your game with another save.instead of auto save.

then exit and load your campaign from your new save.
    try a few turns and see if it continues. it should work from here out.

shenryyr's Avatar Semisalis

playing as Ireland, took Hamburg from the HRE, it contained a Teutonic Knights minor chapter house, which doesn't produce any units(I'm guessing because Ireland's chapter knights are not the Teutonic Order?). Should be automatically destroyed when taken by a faction who can't use it? Or perhaps converted to the appropriate knight chapter house for that faction?
    my other horse is a space ship

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

Hi, I'm playing as Kingdom of Jerusalem and I found some weird things with fog of war and look of mini map. As it was mentioned at the beginning of bugs list.

I found another bug. When playing as Teutonic Order I zoomed the minimap in and then out again and noticed this happened:
    If you notice on the minimap (I know the red box may be quite difficult to see), the overlay showing which factions own which area has shifted along to the edge of the map.

If someone needs, I can post higher quality pics.

EDIT: Just noticed that the whole minimap overlay has been moved east and slightly south:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
    In few first turns it was ok but then fog of war covered all minimap...after about 10 turns and few map information exchanges and few city achievements it's ok again...

2. During Mongol intro I had no voice.
    3. Most of battles on midddle east go on in well grassed and wodded terrain...terrain around Bagdad, Basra...some kind of south america Jungle o_O
    4.During battle after putting leaders aside some of men (Canons of the Holy Sepulcher (?))didnt have weapons (they fought with empty hans).First 3 rows didnt have it.
    Last edited by Krystoforos; April 23, 2008 at 01:47 AM.

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton Gold View Post
    Definitely worth it, IMO.

The bugs I posted are not game-breaking by any means - and I have rarely had any issues in campaign at all.

Ok man, i got ya, ive got a second directory set up and everything

just curious what's IMO?:hmmm:
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

IMO = In my opinion.
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

i got CTD everytime i try to start a campaign or play custom battle ...
    logs show this

12:52:02.515 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    12:52:02.515 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    12:52:02.546 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    12:52:02.578 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    12:52:02.593 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    12:52:02.625 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    12:52:02.656 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    12:52:02.671 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    12:54:37.859 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Quote Originally Posted by willtopower View Post
    I just reran the Part 2 installation to the same directory I installed Part 1 to (the default), and there's no change. Should I try 'installing' to an empty folder on my desktop or something and then just copying over? I also tried playing a custom battle to see if the problem would continue or was just isolated to the campaign map and it worked just fine.
    try to think....does it CTD when in the loading bar or when entering the battle? Do you have vista? Did you touch anything?
    where did you put Part 2 and 1?

btw this is not really a bug but there are many typos in the game. For example there is one in St Marks Basilica
    Last edited by spanish_emperor; April 23, 2008 at 06:12 AM.
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Quote Originally Posted by THARN View Post
    for those of you who are getting ctd's at the end of a turn while the computer is doing its turn.
    Try this. load your auto save then- save your game with another save.instead of auto save.

then exit and load your campaign from your new save.
    try a few turns and see if it continues. it should work from here out.
    Tried it, did not work. For me the game is now unplayable, at least as the Turks which I have tried so far

REALLY would like to play the game as it looks great.

Got a clean install and the mod installed correctly as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisWu View Post
    i got CTD everytime i try to start a campaign or play custom battle ...
    logs show this

12:52:02.515 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    12:52:02.515 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    12:52:02.546 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    12:52:02.578 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    12:52:02.593 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    12:52:02.625 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    12:52:02.656 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    12:52:02.671 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    12:54:37.859 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    If you go directly to the custom battles screen after startup without going into another menu, does it work for you?
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23