Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 6.0 Bug Reports & Known bugs list

Default Re: 6.0 Bug Reports & Known bug list

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaeira View Post
    EDIT: On a side note, try to install 6.0 several times into the same directory. This way you are sure that "if" the installer skipped some files, they'll be installed now.
    i had the same problem as PlanetEx and this solved it. thanks Chimaeira,+ rep.

Erlinggra's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ares82 View Post
    Well a minor bug really, but you know those messages that keep popping up at the beginning of each turn? Well I got one that said that a Milanese princes has come of age. Which is weird since there is no more Milan there is just Genoa.
    Indeed, it also says the faction leader of Milan is dead.

Another typo i found was in the great council message. When you play as a muslim it still says "local priest" should say local imam

Put the file attached to my post inside your Drive:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data\text folder to fix the Milanese princess bug.
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

historical battle: the cuman horsearcher unit in one of the histocial battles shows up in the selection screen as a roman peasent and in the battle map it shows the men on the horses as completely grey (cuman horsearcher unit). in cmapgain map the unit card shows up and it works fine.

Welfur's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Mhydrian View Post
    Any idea why I cannot start a late era game without CTD? Really sucks, I select late era game after selecting single player and then it has a box I highlight late era and click continue and then CTD everytime.

This happened in 5.1 too, so what is going on?
    I had that very same error too, but luckily I found an solution, do the following:
    1) Start up SS 6.0
    2) Single Player -> late Era campaign
    3) click on the left side on late era campaign (below: Select Campaign)
    4) Press Next
    5) Choose your faction

Important hints.
    a) If you have started an early Era Campaign after starting up SS you will crash on choosing late era
    b) don't forget 3), if you have done so and choose back you will CTD

For me that works
    Hopefully I helped

Bis neulich
    Welfur, Lord of Scotland

I got a question. Seems that the units in-game moves much slower than the one in DLV. Is there a way to make them move faster?

Erlinggra's Avatar Campidoctor

holding in right mouse buttom or pressing space

I keep crashing and get this system log:

13:09:24.437 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    13:09:24.437 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    13:09:24.437 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    13:09:24.437 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    13:09:24.437 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    13:09:24.437 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    13:09:24.437 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    13:09:24.437 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    13:10:16.640 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by s0meguy View Post
    I keep crashing and get this system log:

13:09:24.437 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    13:09:24.437 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    13:09:24.437 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    13:09:24.437 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    13:09:24.437 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    13:09:24.437 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    13:09:24.437 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    13:09:24.437 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    13:10:16.640 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong?
    Your log is fine.
    It would help if you describe the problem as detailed as possible.
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaeira View Post
    Your log is fine.
    It would help if you describe the problem as detailed as possible.
    I end the turn and I get unexpected error every time I load the save game (and end the turn). Nevermind I just loaded the save again, made another save, ended turn, crashed, loaded new save and it works... odd.

I am glad it works for you now.
    If you were to use some sort of crack then it is wise to not use it as it creates errors with SS.
    Artifex

The game keeps crashing in the faction selection screen for both campaigns...
    here is my log (also It seems it only crashes when selecting factions, and there is no message)

04:56:13.963 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite.tga.dds is missing
    04:56:13.964 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    04:56:13.964 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold2.tga.dds is missing
    04:56:13.964 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    04:56:13.965 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    04:56:13.965 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    04:56:13.965 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    04:56:13.966 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    04:56:13.966 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    04:56:13.966 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_loy View Post
    The game keeps crashing in the faction selection screen for both campaigns...
    here is my log (also It seems it only crashes when selecting factions, and there is no message)
    This is a very well known bug that has been reported about 20 times already. (doesn't anyone read the known bugs list before posting??? :hmmm There is nothing that can be done. It's a side effect of having custom campaigns. Just dont select so many factions before starting a game. And dont select one menu option and then a different one (i.e. dont go from custom battle to campaign) or you'll get the same crash.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Oh ok thanks, and sorry for not reading further into the reported bugs I was just really impatient...once again thanks or the quick response.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhydrian View Post
    I get a crash when I browse the factions at the selection screen. And also I can't select late era campaign without a CTD.

I had same bug with 5.1, so this is very odd. Before I just was careful not to browse to many factions and I never played late era campaign
    I had the same problem until I went right to Late Era campaign as soon as I started up the game.

Don't click around, just go right to where you want. Once the game begins at the battlemap save it, then you are good to go.

probably not really a bug, but i can seem to block the dardanells straight (land bridges) with my ships

Lithuanian Archers have a messed up texture.

Some textures on the grand map campaing are missing. As follow:

-bridges
    -Caravans
    -merchant Ships

On the battelfield, some units have extrange lines and graphics error (like a huge line from the flag, and others)

Thx !!!

I'm playing as Genoa, and i noticed some things that might need improvement:
    - When I order my genoese croswbowmilitia to fire on a unit behind a very low wooden wall of a settlement. They their arrows arrows almost straight up in the sky, like they need to fire over a skyscraper or something.
    - The Genoese Princess has a green outfit
    - I hired some macemen mercenaries, and they had an attack of only 2, which seems kinda low to me.

That's about it. I really enjoy your mod btw!

Pronoiar's Avatar Laetus

Mercenary Kazaks: