Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 6.0 Bug Reports & Known bugs list

Default Re: 6.0 Bug Reports & Known bug list

Quote Originally Posted by wickED_dude View Post
    when i first began the campaign, i was clicking the different faction flags to get their info, and it crashed to desktop. tried it again, and i found a way around it: click on the flags slowly cuz if u click on too many too fast, CTD!
    X_X
    This also happens in 5.1 as well.

Any idea why I cannot start a late era game without CTD? Really sucks, I select late era game after selecting single player and then it has a box I highlight late era and click continue and then CTD everytime.

This happened in 5.1 too, so what is going on?

MORBIDYAM's Avatar Semisalis

welp random crash, no idea why just crahes at end of ai turns on rebels turn

log

20:21:04.359 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    20:21:04.359 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    20:21:04.515 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    20:21:04.515 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    20:21:04.515 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    20:21:04.515 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    20:21:04.515 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    20:21:04.546 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    20:24:12.906 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

nvm fixed, just restarted my comp, shoudl have probably done that before posting...
    Last edited by MORBIDYAM; April 21, 2008 at 09:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Zuma View Post
    he don't download my mod and say that there are stuff from DLV and BC maybe he Nostradamus
    tAnGeRiNeS fOr ThOuGhT? i ThInK NOT!

first post here, amazing mod and all, but when playing as factions that were not in vanilla MTWII (Teutons, Cumans, Aragorn etc.) their faction flag above general's and cities has the rebel symbol of two swords crossed instead of their normal faction symbol

Hey guys, I haven't yet installed the mod because I got an Trojan horse warning from my AVG scanner. It says part 1 contains it.

Anyone else has this?

Jack Daniel's
    Its a known 'bug' to do with the exe creator that KK uses, just ignore it.

MORBIDYAM
    Turn No, faction played, not using NoCTD, saved game etc would be useful as system log is not.
    Last edited by Quark; April 21, 2008 at 09:05 PM.

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
    Paul Ehrlich

Pfew, thanx Quark what a relief, then it's freaktime in about 10 minutes!

Well a minor bug really, but you know those messages that keep popping up at the beginning of each turn? Well I got one that said that a Milanese princes has come of age. Which is weird since there is no more Milan there is just Genoa.

This is nothing major but on the load screens that sword load bar has a rectangle around. It just takes away from a really cool load bar.

I noticed that Prussia, despite being cited in the Duke of [Prussia] attribute description as an important bastion of paganism, starts the Early Campaign as 100% Catholic.

strife1013's Avatar Campidoctor

thanks, quark

Firebat11's Avatar Semisalis

Certain factions (testing to see which ones), don't speak for pre-battle speeches.

No speech, and then soldiers cry - YEAH!

Will test and let you know, may be Eastern European Specific (although Byzantines didn't work for me either).
    Co-Creator of Battle for the Baltic Mod for SS 6.1

I got an crash to desktop when flipping through factions in early era

Pirate ships are spawning in the little lakes -- this can be fixed if you change the water type on ground_types.

Quote Originally Posted by wickED_dude View Post
    when i first began the campaign, i was clicking the different faction flags to get their info, and it crashed to desktop. tried it again, and i found a way around it: click on the flags slowly cuz if u click on too many too fast, CTD!
    X_X
    Yes thats right. You can press the faction flags fast and you won't get a CTD until you come up with the 8th faction flag. Thats why you have to slow do when you get to seventh.

Well, i have a bug. Actually not really a bug but a resource that shouldn't be there. In bulgaria region you get the resource "tobacco". This is early campaign and even if it were late it would be wrong because tobacco was discovered when they reached the americas.
    I (byzantines) don't mind it much because it gives me a good resource near home but i felt it was unhistorical.
    Last edited by spanish_emperor; April 22, 2008 at 10:09 AM.
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

A calvary unit called hilbras or something like that has messed up head textures.

Matamoros's Avatar Tiro

The faction symbol of Spain doesn't appear in the custom battle menu. Ergo: I cannot play as Spain to test my little mods. Any way to fix it, please?

übrigens: Great mod!

wolfslayer's Avatar Senator

21:16:08.644 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Stainless_Steel/data/descr_engine_skeleton.txt, at line 278, column 102
    AnimDB: Could not load - 'data/animations/engine/Mangonel_Idle.CAS'
    21:16:09.336 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

If you have Kingdoms Crusades unpacked copy it's animations/engine folder to exact path in SS and test.

I always suggest using 7zip to quickly archive (right click and use context menu to create a 7zip archive with file(s)/folder(s) of the original and just keep the 7z file in the same directory you are changing.

That way it is always right there in the same directory if you need to restore and it doesn't affect the game in any way. Use "ultra" compression; takes a little longer to compress but saves mucho disk space.

That's my method and it has saved me countless times when I've modded something and then screwed it up; without having to search around for moved or copied folders and files, or worse yet, having to reinstall everything.

I haven't had a chance to test any battles yet, I just installed SS6..

Also right click on those files in SS first and check to make sure you have security permissions to access those files. (XP, not sure about Vista).

Viewing and editing MTW2 textures with MWthumb and DXTbmp

Tiro

I don't know if this is the same with every faction, but I'm playing as the Order of Templar Knights and the font in the UI is nearly impossible to see. The font color almost matches the color of the actual window, and it forces me to get really close to my screen just to make out the words. Just for clarification, I'm using a relatively brand new laptop with a decent graphics card.

Wow, I go to sleep, wake up check the forum and so many troubles!

Like Quark said it is important that you state your problem as detailed as possible: State your turn number faction played, using a crack etc. Also try to post the last 5 lines of the system log here and if all fails your savegame.

EDIT: On a side note, try to install 6.0 several times into the same directory. This way you are sure that "if" the installer skipped some files, they'll be installed now.
    Last edited by Chim; April 22, 2008 at 01:24 AM.
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23