Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 6.0 Bug Reports & Known bugs list

Problem Sleuth's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: 6.0 Bug Reports & Known bug list

I can't see any of the menus, except for the text. I can't see the check marks or X's for yes and no, and I can't do anything at all when, say, "Exit the Battle?" comes up.
    Armed with your TOMMY GUN, you are one hard boiled lug. Nobody mess with this tough guy, see?

Quote Originally Posted by Bertinator View Post
    I can't see any of the menus, except for the text. I can't see the check marks or X's for yes and no, and I can't do anything at all when, say, "Exit the Battle?" comes up.
    Reinstall both parts 1+2 This is absolutely not a SS 6.0 bug but probably something that got messed up during the installation.
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

Problem Sleuth's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaeira View Post
    Reinstall both parts 1+2 This is absolutely not a SS 6.0 bug but probably something that got messed up during the installation.
    Ugh. That's going to take forever...
    Armed with your TOMMY GUN, you are one hard boiled lug. Nobody mess with this tough guy, see?

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

Bug:
    Khwarezmian shield in the diplomacy menu is not clickable.

BTW. I've finished researching the family tree for Novgorod in 1080, so prolly tomorrow ill shove all those typo fixes + new Novgorod family.

Selection screen: Mongol campaign has no description and no map...

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by gracul View Post
    BTW. I've finished researching the family tree for Novgorod in 1080, so prolly tomorrow ill shove all those typo fixes + new Novgorod family.
    Heh I've been doing the same thing for my mod

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Not sure if this has been mentioned here or not, but I've noticed the Imam image showing up on my Recruitment notification panel after ordering up a priest when playing as the Byzantines.
    /* Under the Patronage of the Honorable Garbarsardar */
    Graphic Designer, Husband, & Dad

hey just wondering if anyone has come up with a solution to the problem some people had where the game crashes when you try to go into a battle just as the little sword load bar reaches full. have tried everything i can think of and have read all 11 pages and nothing seems to work. have reinstalled and downloaded patches, have installed over the original file just in case some files were missed, i saw the last poster to have the same problem as me was wilt or something and he never posted if it was resolved or not.

thanks for any help!
    Last edited by Rhox; April 23, 2008 at 08:55 PM.

AI cities seem to be losing to rebels alot on M/M. It has happened to Denmark and the HRE. In both instances their CAPITAL rebelled and kicked them out, making and odd grey dot in the middle of their territories. I believe this has to do with automanagement of taxes being out of wack. Rioting has occured twice in my cities when I've not kept an eye out for automanaging. I don't believe the AI can handle this.

hehe thanks for the quick reply, ill let you know if i get anywhere also

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    AI cities seem to be losing to rebels alot on M/M. It has happened to Denmark and the HRE. In both instances their CAPITAL rebelled and kicked them out, making and odd grey dot in the middle of their territories. I believe this has to do with automanagement of taxes being out of wack. Rioting has occured twice in my cities when I've not kept an eye out for automanaging. I don't believe the AI can handle this.
    I can vouch for this, France lost two cities to rebels, and the moors lost 2 also. Note that one of the buildings for France was Paris. Really odd.

Here's a map of what's going on to Germany:

Quote Originally Posted by Rhox View Post
    hey just wondering if anyone has come up with a solution to the problem some people had where the game crashes when you try to go into a battle just as the little sword load bar reaches full. have tried everything i can think of and have read all 11 pages and nothing seems to work. have reinstalled and downloaded patches, have installed over the original file just in case some files were missed, i saw the last poster to have the same problem as me was wilt or something and he never posted if it was resolved or not.

thanks for any help!
    in regards to this problem, i just turned down the video settings to low and battle seems to work fine. tried this because of a short thread found here http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?&act=ST&f=20&t=57406 which basically has afew people with the same problem i have except on original m2tw. wilt try lowering your video settings to low and tell me what happens.

my pc is a dell xps 1710 laptop, 2046 mb ram, xp professional 5.1, duel core intel t7400 2.16ghz processor, and an nvidia geforce go 7950 gtx 512mb gfx card. so im hoping my laptop isnt out of date already and simply cant run the game! the problem seems to be an issue with our computers or the m2tw game itself as opposed to the mod itself.

if anyones interested i can post my dxdiag or whatever to try help other people out, im not very computer literate so not sure whats needed.

let me know how you get on wilt

/edit sieges still seem to be causing the crash... does anyone know if the textures or whatever it is that makes castles/towns etc appear on the battle map is in part 1 or part 2 of the 6.0 download ?
    Last edited by Rhox; April 23, 2008 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned here or not, but I've noticed the Imam image showing up on my Recruitment notification panel after ordering up a priest when playing as the Byzantines.
    thats wierd. It doesn't happen to me

At DavidtheDuke
    im not sure wats going on here but i have heard that the heir of HRE is extremely disloyal at the beginning and some have already reported having a civil war in turn 4!!!
    Im not sure but maybe it is similar for the other factions. Somebody else is going to have to help here

Selection screen: Mongol campaign has no description and no map...
    Cherryfunk, does this happen when you are selecting factions in early or late. I believe this has to do with your installation or download because mine works fine (map). I don't think KK did a description for them but.....i check

Princesses: Genoese Princesses are called Milanese princesses in the event description.
    There is already a download fix for this as a thread (not stickied)

it seems SS 6 allows factions to build STONE FORTS as in 1.5 kingdom crusade campaign, but it doesn't work for me : i m only able to wooden forts which cost 500.... anyone can help me to fix it? (btw it works perfectly in my crusade campaign 1.5 kingdom)
    this is not a bug since Stone Forts are not applied for SS6.0. KK believes that it would mean too many seiges and not enough battles. Wolfslayer is currently making an optional one for SS6 but isn't done yet

Quote Originally Posted by s0meguy View Post
    There is no water bridge at constantinople... I think there should be one because the AI keeps sending units there to cross to the middle east, especially crusade armies and diplomats, they just stay there for a few turns and then go away.

edit: oops i think ill post this in the suggestions thread.
    There is a bridge. you just can't see it. AI does use it cause turkish diplomat has passed through there in my game thousands of times. It also works for me

There is much stuff i can't help. I hope Chimaeira can.

Please read previous pages as many of your problems have already been answered.
    Last edited by spanish_emperor; April 23, 2008 at 09:57 PM.
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Quixote's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by kepper View Post
    I cant start the the late campaign i get crash to the Windows desktop, no message just crash
    I have the same issue, CTD when I try to start late era campagn...
    One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world was better for this.
    -Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by Rhox View Post
    hehe thanks for the quick reply, ill let you know if i get anywhere also
    Alright, well great news. After a complete clean install of EVERYTHING, I managed to finally be able to do the battles that were giving me the CTDs. I don't know why a problem with the installation of vanilla would manifest only on SS, but I guess that's what was happening. I'd just reinstall everything, prepare for a long night of watching loading bars.

Well, I guess it's time to see what 6.0 is like!

The papal states expansion 'bug' is still in the game... the papal states has like 4 settlements in north Italy

thdot44's Avatar Tiro

as people have been saying with ai rebel. three factions lost their capitol within 5 turns in the late era campaign.

also 1 generals guard took out 15 of my generals guard and 15 crossbowmen.
    i was teutonicv and they were lithuania.

Quote Originally Posted by thdot44 View Post
    as people have been saying with ai rebel. three factions lost their capitol within 5 turns in the late era campaign.

also 1 generals guard took out 15 of my generals guard and 15 crossbowmen.
    i was teutonicv and they were lithuania.
    I have not noticed this yet actually however squalor and other settlement related problems can be toned down.
    That is for KK to decide though, I could upload a "fix" but it might make things to easy for the player so perhaps we should leave this one open for KK himself.
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

I played the Khwarezmian and i was fighting the mongols. In battel my Mercenerie Khazak hoars archers where not there, There ponys were but not the raiders?. It looked kind of stupied to send 30 hoarses to attack Heavy lancers