Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gaius Baltar's Images of the Malestrom of Battle - UPDATED 9/14/2023

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Default Re: Van Zandt's Images of the Malestrom of Battle - UPDATED 4/14/2019

Great pics Van Zandt. I especially liked the image of the sea battle. Is it the Empire or Napoleon? In any case, a cool screens.

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Agree with Alexander here, the ship battle image is my favourite out of those. Good stuff!

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Citizen Censor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander78 View Post
    Great pics Van Zandt. I especially liked the image of the sea battle. Is it the Empire or Napoleon? In any case, a cool screens.
    Empire, I never purchased Napoleon as I had to move to a new job ta that very moment in time.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Citizen Censor

Blog Entries

Some captures from a West Saxon campaign Thrones of Britannia ..... using an older desktop with new graphics equipment but really pushing it to the limit.

Saxon warlord and sword thegns preparing too defend Dorecaester 880AD

Last edited by Gaius Baltar; April 18, 2019 at 06:46 AM. Reason: add information

​​

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Default Re: Van Zandt's Images of the Malestrom of Battle - UPDATED 4/18/2019

Cool shot. I like the atmosphere of the shot as the warriors prepare to repel the enemy attack. They have determination.
    I need to try the ToB. But, from what I've heard, in ToB is missing blood textures . Without blood, battles don't look so realistic. I'm used to blood in Rome, I'll miss it in ToB.

Citizen Censor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander78 View Post
    Cool shot. I like the atmosphere of the shot as the warriors prepare to repel the enemy attack. They have determination.
    I need to try the ToB. But, from what I've heard, in ToB is missing blood textures . Without blood, battles don't look so realistic. I'm used to blood in Rome, I'll miss it in ToB.
    I have the "Blood, Sweat and Spears" DLC (2.99 USD). Plenty of blood in the action now. I have been using this older desktop with an older graphics card and it does a decent job if I turn everything else off.

I had to shut down because of a massive thunderstorm last night but Ill post some more of the battle in the next posts.

​​

The House of Baltar

Citizen Censor

Blog Entries

Archers of the West Saxon Royal Army defend the walls from the Ledeborg's in the Battle of Dorecaester 880AD.

They actually took a alot of casualties from the Ledeborg archers.

Firing as a group .......

​​

The House of Baltar

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Nice shots! Don't see that many pics of archers, mostly its the infantry and cavalry slogging it out. Good for diversity

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Citizen Censor

Blog Entries

This is from the same archer series from my previous post. I unit of unarmored axemen trying to push a ram up to the gate. As you can tell it was a massacre.

​​

The House of Baltar

Oh, these guys got hit by a rain of arrows as far as I can tell. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes. And I like those blood stains on the grass.) Since I can see that the DLC you wrote about above works fine, I need to get to ToB. Great series, Van Zandt.

Citizen Censor

Blog Entries

Viking Invasion

​​

The House of Baltar

Citizen Censor

Blog Entries

Naval battles from a Carthage campaign in Rome II

Last edited by Gaius Baltar; May 15, 2019 at 08:56 AM. Reason: add information

​​

The House of Baltar

Citizen Censor

Blog Entries

Default Re: Van Zandt's Images of the Malestrom of Battle - UPDATED 5/15/2019

From some recent UESW contests

UESW 462

UESW 461

Last edited by Gaius Baltar; June 21, 2019 at 03:38 PM. Reason: add information

​​

The House of Baltar

Citizen Censor

Blog Entries

Default Re: Van Zandt's Images of the Malestrom of Battle - UPDATED 6/21/2019

POTW 590

​​

The House of Baltar

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Van Zandt's Images of the Malestrom of Battle - UPDATED 2/1/2020

Looking forward to seeing more!

Citizen Censor

Blog Entries

Default Re: Van Zandt's Images of the Malestrom of Battle - UPDATED 2/1/2020

POTW 600 submission

​​

The House of Baltar

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: Van Zandt's Images of the Malestrom of Battle - UPDATED 5/10/2020

So did this guy live or what?

Citizen Censor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    So did this guy live or what?
    This was from a battle recorded on CinEd around 2008, but I do recall both sides for the most part wiped each other out. This particular unit of knights and their opponents were both annihilated.

​​

The House of Baltar

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Ouch.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Ouch.
    Indeed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast