Page 6 of 237 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: OrthodoXXrusade!!!

thats a great question.....would also like to know of such a mod!

Sometimes i make sigs like mine, if you want one pm me.
    ~C3entur1on

no they can't.

It's hardcoded and can't be modded.
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

to me, it doesn't historically fudge interactions up too much to just make russia and byzantium roman catholic factions. the killing /attacking any fellow christian man or nation would have been frowned upon by the pope. of course the (roman) pope would have undue control of the rightfully eastern orthodox factions, though it seems like it could be worth it to be able to crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan156 View Post
    Whats the greek equivalent for the word crusade? Or isn't the word origionally greek? I would like to see the orthodax factions to have a religious war, give everyone the possibility to declare holy war. What kind of units would an orthodox crusade unit have?
    Crusade means the taking of the cross... Cruz.. in Spanish!.. its Latin word.. not Greek
    Last edited by Pivra; May 03, 2007 at 11:49 PM.

Forget adding the orthodox into a crusade...

The crusades are bad enough, if you've played mtw1 you'll know what I mean.

But crusades are hardcoded, they can't be modded, except very very few things about them like desertion rate, and turns to join...

Taneda Santôka's Avatar Artifex

You can just make russians and byzantines catholics and then rename the catholic religion to plain christianity and scratch orthodoxy... They'll be able to crusades as all members of the catholic church now called christian church.

lol or that.

It's really simple to do, all you need to do is go into the descr_sm_factions and name them catholic instead...

but then in addition you may want to disable them from getting orthodox churches and priests and give them catholic ones.

That gives me a fantastic idea, Tonight I'm going to make half of the factions in the game islamic, and the other half catholic!

I may divide the campaign entirely...

moors, english, germans, turks, russians, hungarians, sicilians, egypt, will all be islam.

The rest will be catholic.

Now that will give equality to the muslims.. lol

Default submission is disgrace

nah.....i could never have my people submit to the lombard despot

(he isnt roman!!!!)

even if he's just a kilobyte or two......

BYZANTIUM WILL LIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Rhetoric is the art of controlling the minds of men"
    Plato

Default Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

Are there any minor-mods that add in eras to the campaign game? Basically making units recruitable only in the period they are classed in. Thats all I need really, preferably simple enough that it can be combined with a mod like LTC with little difficulty.

jermagon's Avatar Domesticus

first of all I would like to thank all the moders in this forum they really did their best to give a new good taste to the game.
    But I have some comments on all the mods for medieval 2.
    1-they focused on western catholic factions and they neglected orthodox and muslim factions.
    2-they focused on the crusades and capturing Jerusalem.
    3- they dealed very bad with the reconquest of spain and they failed to portray it well.
    4.faction names (moors,Byzantine,sicily,Milan) are not historical.

I have many suggestions for these mods:
    But first that’s a historical back ground
    The reconquest
    Actually I think its very silly to call the medieval muslims of Iberia ‘’the moors’’ cuz they didn’t call themselves this name the simply called themselves ‘’the andaluisans’’ el andaluseeyon’’ in arabic.the arabs called whole spain al andalus.
    1-in this time muslim spain were divided between many small kingdoms it was the era of the taifa kingdoms.these kingdoms began to fight each others for expansion.
    2- the biggest kingdoms was the kingdoms of abbadids they controlled cordova,sevilla,Valencia,Murcia,ronda,silves and most of western and eastern Iberia.
    3-in western Iberia the banu el aftas faction control much of south,central of Portugal
    4-kingdom of toleda control central Iberia and this kingdom fell to alfonso 1085
    5-kingdom of zaragossa control zaragossa.
    6-the almoravids rule morocco and Tunisia and Algeria.

I suggest the following:
    1-change spain into the kingdom of castile&leon.
    2-we are in 1080 castille only owns leon ,penplona,few right?what about making a new city “valliolid or avilla,burgos will be great.
    3-the kingdom of Portugal owns Coimbra& porto and I suggest making these 2 cities cuz they were the core of the county of Portugal at that time.
    4-in 1085 the kingdom of Portugal was a vassel state to castill&leon faction.
    5-castille and leon faction owns a massive armies.
    6-create a new faction called the abbabids rules (cordova,Valencia,sevilla(creat it),garanda).sevilla is the capital
    7- the abbabids has few soldiers,increase the unrest in cordoba,sevilla,Valencia.
    8-the repels control Toledo,zaragossa,Lisbon,Badajoz, ,the beliar island (creat it).
    9-the almoravids control morocco,algerie,Tunisia.and the faction leader of the almoravids is yusuf bin tashfeen.
    10-by this way we make a balance between castile and leon which rules only 3 cities but have many many soldiers and the abbadids who owns 5 cities but have very weak armies and week defences.
    11-it will be a race between Christian kingdoms to eliminate repel kingdoms then destroy the abbabids ,who knows maybe the almoravids after that.

http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=andalus008dh5.png
    the abbabids are in green,yellow is the repel factions.

Abbadid Rulers of Seville

Information about the abbadids
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbadid#Abbadid_Rulers_of_Seville.

Why did you move his post here? It was a mod proposal as far as I could see...

Right.

I'm seeking a mod to start a new campaign with now that 1.2 is out.

These features are good: longer build times, more effective assassins (particularly against assassins), more effective merchangs (no more 5 florins/turn), better diplomacy (esp. better alliances, eg Shaba Wangy's mods).

I'd rather not have these: More expensive buildings (except if I get loads of more money), less effective inquisitors (they've killed only one diplomat so far).

Hmm, that's all so far... LTC looks good but it has some things I don't want, such as more expensive buildings...

@Arakorn-eir: The increase in cost for the buildings are an adjustment for the fact that with longer contruction time, you'll earn more money before building the next one - if costs were left at vanilla, you'd end up with more money than you could spend (except for ridiculously expensive and huge armies...). It's not that bad -when playing LTC 2.2, I usually ended up with heaps of money.

under the patronage of Belisarius

Sanskrit_Bandit's Avatar Wielki Kniaź Wiślański

i'm looking for a mod that just adds more provinces without using bigmap, and not many other major game changes. i had anno domnini, its great, but the huge map makes me wait 5 minutes after hitting next turn wating to cycle thru the other faction turns.

what about an asia mod? with japanese mongols chinese india as factions? is there something like that? or a mod with only japan? something shogun like...

what about a mod which converts rome total war to medieval 2?

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

LTC and SS are the best general mods IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli View Post
    @Arakorn-eir: The increase in cost for the buildings are an adjustment for the fact that with longer contruction time, you'll earn more money before building the next one - if costs were left at vanilla, you'd end up with more money than you could spend (except for ridiculously expensive and huge armies...). It's not that bad -when playing LTC 2.2, I usually ended up with heaps of money.
    OK then, I could try that, but what I really don't like is the ridicolously lowered stats of the cavalry. (I'm a cavalry man, unlike Lusted who is English, who have lots of archers and limited cavalry, and thus he makes the cavalry worse and the archers better. )

I wonder if I should just code back the cavalry stats...

Woad-Warrier's Avatar Vicarius

Lusted's English?

That Gandi avatar put me off..(his nationality )

is there any working map mods 4 medi2 that cover india or mods with this part of the map please any have any info#??????

Look in the Hosted Modifications section for Miak's Extended Map Mod. It's very promising.