Page 3 of 237 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Deciding on Mod

So I'm in a pickle...I have looked at Anno Domini, Lands to Conquer, Clouds Across Europe and Deus Lo Vult and I simply can not makeup my mind which to play. I have little play time and not alot of hard drive space. Thats why I need to pick one and stick with it otherwise I would be playing all of them. I very much like a harder game with roleplay elements and a slower non blitz campaign but it has to be stable as well. I don't want to get 100 turns in 2 months from now (due to little play time) and get a CTD that wastes all that time. I know this is a somewhat subjective question but I would appreciate any help and opinions.

Secret agent's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Deciding on Mod

Lands to Conquer is very good,played 2 campaigns and no CTD yet.
    Don't know about the others.Haven't tried them yet.
    Input signature here

I've gotten a few mysterious CTDs in my current LTC campaign, but overall I'm really enjoying it.
    Current Campaign:

Soulvaki's Avatar Civis

Deus Lo Vult is one of my fav mods along with Sicilian Vespers. Though DLS is set to be a long game, I think with 900 turns? so maybe that would not be so good for you if you don't have alot of playing time. I think if you read over all the mods, you will find one that will jump out at you and that be the best one to pick, thats how I end up choosing which I use.

Quote Originally Posted by King Bob VI View Post
    I've gotten a few mysterious CTDs in my current LTC campaign, but overall I'm really enjoying it.
    Same here I think they all came as soon as I won a battle. Was a right pain when I win a long and difficult battle and then a CTD.

sicilian vespers was great but be careful, i got a bunch of permanently corrupted files from it......you might not soooooo GREAT MOD

BYZANTIUM WILL LIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Rhetoric is the art of controlling the minds of men"
    Plato

if you want a mod that uses 1.2 patch, and has alot of changes, which has tons of battles with good quality units try my mtw classic...

it has three different eras to choose from, early high or late, you can jump right into the high or late era from choice since you say you don't have alot of time to play the game.

http://twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95418
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

SaxAppeal0416's Avatar Foederatus

ur in no pickle. LTC is superior. dinobots inferior.

what is dinobots?
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

If you want a harder game thats quite exciting, looks great and works with 1.2 I could advocate Stainless Steel after seeing my friend play it.

No knowledge of any bugs tho....

Get stainless steel adds regions without making lag (mods that use big map gets up to 5 mins inbetween turns) it is faast paced adds tempalrs a unique campaign and fixes all bugs with the new 3.1 patch and king kong(maker) is very good and responsive. Great mod in all!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Stainless Steel and Lands to Conquer are my preference!

Ali_the_English's Avatar Tiro
    I live in Welwyn Garden City in Hertfordshire, England

I personally like Sbeans Region&Provinces Mod

Frogjager's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Ali_the_English View Post
    I personally like Sbeans Region&Provinces Mod
    awesome mod
    SCOURAGER OF FAT VIKINGS

I'm using Stainless Steel, I like it alot, it seems quite complete and most importantly its stable (i had some crashes before teh 3.1 patch came out).

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I like playing with the mod Rise of Kings, but I would recommend you wait getting it, before it is ready for patch 2, which will add some new factions like splitting the Turks, add Burgundy and add Aragon.

Default Mods for unofficial 1.2?

SO I decided to play one more campaign of MTW2 after not having played for more than three months because I was too annoyed by all the bugs. Now I'll try once more (if I wouldn't love the game principle that much goddammit) and I'm willing to take a few hours of time to make it the least painful campaign I've ever played.

I've downloaded and installed the unofficial 1.2 patch and the latest version of LTC, which - as I understand is made for 1.2, but needs some tweaking. Arrows appear to be overpowered and I can edit that myself (in case anyone allready did that, I'd be grateful for their version of the EDU).
    On top of that, I've installed BBB 1.9+, since I don't feel I could ever play a campaign with the flat characters of vanilla - besides from what I've read, the trait trigger fixes are still more complete in BBB 1.9+ than in vanilla 1.2.

So far so good, but I don't really trust CA's capability to create a decent AI - be it on the camp or on the battlemap. Any suggetsions on what to use? I'd use darth's warpack for the battlemap AI, but I'm not sure on how it will fare with 1.2 and due to my absence from the game, I'm quite lost on what campmap AI to use. I used to use UAI until it started incorporating all kinds of stuff not even remotely related to AI so I'd be grateful for some tips.

As far as I understand, CA's philosophy is to create an AI with one main directive in mind: "Hate the human" - just look at the fact that relations with the human deteriorate over time, regardless of any actions. While I understand that that's their design decision, it's completely unsuitable for my playing style. CA makes the AI with a warmongering human in mind that actually tries to conquer the whole map whilst I tend to just maintain my realm very defensively, trying to keep every faction alive for variety's sake. The only time I go to war by myself is if I see that any AI faction starts exterminating one of its neighbors. I intervene and donate the provinces I've conquered back to the weaker faction. I usually play a catholic faction and take jerusalem eventually to prevent the mongols from destroying anyone. Suffice to say that I don't need the AI to get mad and backstab me just for being human.

It's maybe too much to ask, but is there anyone with a similar playing style capable of giving me a hint on what campmap AI to use with 1.2?
    Last edited by Niccolo Machiavelli; April 29, 2007 at 06:12 AM. Reason: typos

under the patronage of Belisarius

Default Re: Mods for unofficial 1.2?

I have a same problem, I started campaign as England, patch 1.2 is good, but there is a problem - campaign AI , all are against me , like in vannila, I tried Ultimate AI alpha for 1.2 , but it crashes, so I play without it

As samogitian forever...

Default Good stats for multi

hi, could u tell me in which mod i can find a good well-balanced export_descr_unit with really better stats than vanilla M2TW and especially for custom and multi battles?

Sincerely.
    May Buddha's wisdom be with you...
    High_Templar : Leader of Battles of Asia Mod and Leader of Battles of Kingdoms Mod

Sinan's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Mods for unofficial 1.2?

I don't have any recommendations but from what I have heard the camp AI in 1.20 is more logical.
    Add me on Steam if you are playing SHOGUN 2 multiplayer!