Page 236 of 237 FirstFirst ... 136186211226227228229230231232233234235236237 LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,720 of 4728

Thread: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Hullo. Looking for a mod with the following features:

- Better AI.
    - Better/rebalanced trait system; some more depth with characters, less prevalent or at least more logically assigned negative traits (such as alcoholics, or generals staying outside of settlements automatically getting 'ignorant' trait).
    - Some building rebalance (I appreciate the concept of diminishing returns, but some buildings in vanilla don't feel like a worthy investment, or at least that's what I remember; haven't played Medieval 2 for years).
    - Improved autoresolve (in particular, buffed cav and cav archers; after all, most battles in a campaign are AI vs AI, so having consistency here improves the gameplay).
    - Preferably not a full overhaul, though if only full overhaul mods fit these criteria, that's cool as well.

The Magyar mod mentioned above seems promising, so I might try it out, but still wanted to ask for more recommendations. Cheers.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

In the SSHIP:
    On the alcoholic trait you may read here
    On a better trait system here.
    Example of the buildings' changes you may see here.

but a few other good mods provide similar experience.

Foederatus

Thank you for your work! It helped me alot after coming back to the game since so many years.

Pretty sold on Stainless Steel then. From what I've seen, it's kind of a standard around here.

Is there a way to increase the speed of unit animations in battles? Faster movement, faster fighting, faster dying. Units feel clumsy and unresponsive and battles take too much time unnecessarily, just because of their slow movements. And the battles feel boring. That is what I'm looking to improve. Speeding up time does not solve that.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Speeding up animations is a long, drawn out procedure. I suppose it's a matter of getting used to it - I am still unsatisfied with the speed battles develop in R2. It's over before you have a proper chance to do anything tactical, rather like a arcade like blob that in rather short time dissolves itself into dead bodies and survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Speeding up animations is a long, drawn out procedure. I suppose it's a matter of getting used to it - I am still unsatisfied with the speed battles develop in R2. It's over before you have a proper chance to do anything tactical, rather like a arcade like blob that in rather short time dissolves itself into dead bodies and survivors.
    I'd rather like the balance acheived in RTW Darthmod, it's both fast and slow enough to act/react; battles are not so ridiculously fast as in vanilla RTW and are not too slow to get annoying. Currently trying out TLK WotN, and it sure is slow and uninteresting after RTW Darthmod.

I guess I'll either adjust or move on. Thanks for the reply.

Blog Entries

Come to think of it: there is the 'move_speed_mod' line in the EDU that speeds up an individual unit's movement. Goes below the recruit_priority offset line, the value used is decimal, 1.0 is the default. Not sure however if it also accelerates battle\attack animations or just movement.

Using values above 1.4 (40% increase) will most likely result in cartoon like speed up.

İs there any mod come with all "Asia, Europe and North Africa" maps and I want starting time 1150-1300?

Blog Entries

The East-West area is simply too big to put on the available map dimensions and still retain decent play-ability and detail. Hence no one made a mod like this. There is a mod around that attempted to put a substantial portion of the whole world on the map if you want to see what that looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The East-West area is simply too big to put on the available map dimensions and still retain decent play-ability and detail. Hence no one made a mod like this. There is a mod around that attempted to put a substantial portion of the whole world on the map if you want to see what that looks like.
    I wrote here this question. But this is not necessary Medieval II Total War mod. The other Total War games mods be also okay.

Blog Entries

Unfortunately all game versions after M2TW have a very restricted modding abaility for maps - it's unlikely you will find a custom map mod, never mind anything near what you are looking for.
    Have you had a look in the RTW section?

What mod would be best recommended for playing as the medieval Romans? My particular interest is the era of the Komnenoi and the Laskaris, thanks for feedback all!

Quote Originally Posted by Megas_Doux7 View Post
    What mod would be best recommended for playing as the medieval Romans? My particular interest is the era of the Komnenoi and the Laskaris, thanks for feedback all!
    Tsardoms Total War is an interesting one for sure, it mainly focuses on Italy and the Balkans, recreating the historical reality of the time period from 1345 to 1530 with the Byzantines being in quite the spot of bother at the start of the campaign.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Hey old friends.

Just fired up Medieval 2 Total War for the first time in maybe a decade. I don't know what it is, but I just don't like the Vanilla version (I'm playing the Steam Definitive Edition).

I am looking for a mod (or mods) that make very subtle changes, in a way that improves the vanilla base game across multiple aspects, rather than overhauling it. Does anyone have a list of such mods please?

I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by vlad06 View Post
    ... first time in maybe a decade ... I just don't like the Vanilla version ... a mod (or mods) that make very subtle changes, in a way that improves the vanilla base game across multiple aspects, rather than overhauling it.
    somehow a contradiction: if you don't like vanilla, then it's the best moment to go to a bit deeper mod. You may start with Stainless Steel 6.4, for instance.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    somehow a contradiction: if you don't like vanilla, then it's the best moment to go to a bit deeper mod. You may start with Stainless Steel 6.4, for instance.
    I get what you're saying, but I want to try something with only minor changes first, before I move onto overhaul mods like Stainless Steel.

Do you have any other suggestions please?

Quote Originally Posted by vlad06 View Post
    I get what you're saying, but I want to try something with only minor changes first, before I move onto overhaul mods like Stainless Steel.

Do you have any other suggestions please?
    Never tried it but I'd guess that Total Vanilla could do.

Blog Entries

KGCM?

Kinda feel like playing M2TW again. Have there been any good new mods in past ~3 years or so? I don't mean new versions or submods of old mods, I mean something new from the scratch.