Thread: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Mod Questions and Recommendations Here

hi guys, not sure if im in the right section but i guess so.

just curious if i can change some things without to extract all files? i want to avoid crashes. all i want to change is one little thing: no gunpowder but still being able to sail to america.

thanks !

Default is there a mod to M2tw that adds just Teutonic Order and changes nothing else?

Looking for a mod like KGC but with less overall changes.

Default Re: is there a mod to M2tw that adds just Teutonic Order and changes nothing else?

HEY GUYS! Im brand new here and was hoping to gain a little modding insight and recommendations. I did play MTW2 Kingdoms for a bit when i bought the disc and I loved it. I moved on then to third age total war 3.2 which was a blast, and then I got into Divide And Conquer which has been loads of fun. I went to install the new 1.01 version of DaC and I had thought i did everything right but couldnt play unfortunately. So i went about uninstalling everything third age related from my computer. I still have the Third Age and Dac Downloads for my Dac 1.01 installation ready but now even with reinstalling MTW2 kingdoms through steam (which tells me I own it) I cant even play MTW2 and Im very confused. I reinstalled it yesterday completely from steam and leaved the start up bar blank in the launcher settings and I still got nothing. I own the disc and Own it through steam as well so Im told and I am reinstalling it now in hopes it will work. I'm hoping someone can put me in the right direction and help me be able to play these awesome games again as I am stumped completely. Thanks in Advance!!

-Shwill

Default Game of Thrones mod?

For some reason I'm unable to find the modification, is there anyway I can get this as the download links have been removed for some reason.

I'd appreciate it very much if someone could help,

Thanks.

Default Re: Game of Thrones mod?

Go to Kingdoms Hosted Mods and scroll down. You're looking for Westeros Total War. You will almost certainly want the Enhanced Submod.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Game of Thrones mod?

Moved here from the Miscellaneous section of the Workshop.

Building on Hazzard's post, you can find Westeros Total War amongst the Hosted Mods for Kingdoms.

Default Searching a historical mod for Medieval 2 total war

Hello,

Currently, i am playing the Stainless Steel mod with my friends in online battles.
    We want a deep historical feeling for all medieval factions, but Stainless Steel isnīt accurate enough in this matter for us.

We have also tried the Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP), but in this moment, the Submod is too alpha.

So my question is: Is there a good historical mod (concerning custom battles) in the medieval timeframe for medieval 2: total war, that covers most of the old medieval world (concering factions)?

Default Really Bad Ai hardcore standalone

there is this mod really bad ai http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-Battle-System .... it have its core mod and an addon ReallyBadAI_Hardcore .

someone already made a standalone hardcore ?
    ... I'm not saying that mod is bad(is quite oposite) however i'd line to try the hardcore module in mods that touch the ai without spoiling anything.
    this is not against modder will i think because it had a subforum for unsuported integrations so may be ok . germanicu5 vanished from twcenter so there is no one left to ask.

why moved ? ... show me a mod the dalay commands without touching ai . there is none.
    Last edited by betto; October 02, 2016 at 01:16 PM. Reason: why moved ?

Default I Search a Mod for Teutonic Campaign

HEllo all.

I Know the Rule Britannia Campaign and i like it.

Bit i search a Mod for the Teutonic order Focus on the Teutonic wars.

But i can't find it.

Default Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

Is there a mod anyone knows of that has a really small amount of factions? I often find that it gets too confusing and stressful to deal with 20+ factions on the map with over a hundred regions to match. Something like Crusades.

There's a mod for Medieval 2 called "Conquer the World" or "Schwert und Speer" on ModDB. I have downloaded the mod and saved it on my desktop. I tried one way to install and it was didn't work for me. How do I install this mod correctly? I'm new to modding and it's been far too long since I read or spoke German (mod's in German btw).

Default 1600's Warfare

Hi everyone

I have in the past posted asking for an English Civil War mod, there is obviously For King & Country, but unfortunately I couldn't get it working with the Steam version of Medieval II.

As I did more research into the period I found that the Thirty Years War was similar, and shared the essence of the period. I can't find a mod for that however.

What is the closest I could get to this period (thinking Pike & Musket armies, artillery etc) ideally on a more recent TW game? I appreciate i'm asking the impossible, but it's worth my time asking you folks who will know and can point me in the direction of something similar.

Thank you for your time.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: 1600's Warfare

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBirdseye View Post
    Hi everyone

I have in the past posted asking for an English Civil War mod, there is obviously For King & Country, but unfortunately I couldn't get it working with the Steam version of Medieval II.

As I did more research into the period I found that the Thirty Years War was similar, and shared the essence of the period. I can't find a mod for that however.

What is the closest I could get to this period (thinking Pike & Musket armies, artillery etc) ideally on a more recent TW game? I appreciate i'm asking the impossible, but it's worth my time asking you folks who will know and can point me in the direction of something similar.

Thank you for your time.
    There is a mod about the Thirty Years War though: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...y-Years-of-War

Also, could you describe what the problem is with the other mod and Steam?

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeetlebot View Post
    Is there a mod anyone knows of that has a really small amount of factions? I often find that it gets too confusing and stressful to deal with 20+ factions on the map with over a hundred regions to match. Something like Crusades.
    Vanilla M2TW ?! The many factions do not concern you. You border a few only and it is them who can make you problems. If you are for ex. Norway you shouldn't bother for Egypt. 3-4 countries at most, and considering the slowness and pasivity of M2 AI, you probably will have problems only with one. Theorethically you can be naval invaded but I would be surprised if you get one army or more per the entire game. And if you are England for ex. the existance of Timurids and Mongols is completely indifferent to you.

Default Re: 1600's Warfare

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    There is a mod about the Thirty Years War though: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...y-Years-of-War

Also, could you describe what the problem is with the other mod and Steam?
    Hello! Thanks for replying.

The problem with FKoC was that there didn't seem to be an active link for the Steam version, and I was informed the installation method was long and arduous. If you could help me out with this i'd be really grateful. I would really like to play this mod.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

I don't have any experience with installing mods running on medieval instead of kingdoms, I'll have to look into that. I don't think there should be a problem with Steam though, certainly seeing as it uses the medieval2.exe as it's standard executable.

Default I Search Someone for Medieval 2

Hello all. First i like all Overhaul Mods for Med 2 ( DBM, EB 2, STainless Steel and other).

But i search something.

First: i Like the Vanilla Medieval Campaign Music, but is anyone a Good medieval Music pack?

Second: I Like Updates for City/Castle Wall Textures. I search a Mod for a better Optic of the Walls and Towers.

Default Most stable mod for MWTWII?

Hey guys,

I have played a few different mods and loved most Europa barbaroroum for Rome TW. I tried a few others, but didnt really like any because of constant crashes. Now I want to try out some mods for MTWII and I am really asking myself which mod is worth installing - from perspective of stability? I do not want the game to crash when attacking a city, ending a turn or starting a battle. This happened a lot with some mods and it was really disappointing for me. With Europa barbaroroum, with which I came farthest, I played to about 100, 150 turns untill crashes killed my will to build and expand my beloved empires.

So. ME:TW. What mods are stable?

thanks

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: Most stable mod for MWTWII?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo01 View Post
    Hey guys,

I have played a few different mods and loved most Europa barbaroroum for Rome TW. I tried a few others, but didnt really like any because of constant crashes. Now I want to try out some mods for MTWII and I am really asking myself which mod is worth installing - from perspective of stability? I do not want the game to crash when attacking a city, ending a turn or starting a battle. This happened a lot with some mods and it was really disappointing for me. With Europa barbaroroum, with which I came farthest, I played to about 100, 150 turns untill crashes killed my will to build and expand my beloved empires.

So. ME:TW. What mods are stable?

thanks
    there is no good answer to that
    since the MTW2 eniegie is old and will suffer more crashes the newer your system specs are
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Agreed to a certain degree - often a simple reload of the latest (auto) save will get you past the previous crash. Sometimes really long play times also play havoc, so a simple exit and restart every two hours or so will help toward stability.

Edit: one bottleneck is the use of only one core - which means if your core speed is below 2.6 you can expect some lags and other speed related issues.