Page 16 of 233 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166116 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Wich mod is most pupular ???

I play Lands To Conquer currently, and I think it's really great. It does not change that much, it just sits better with people who played the game alot I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramtha View Post
    gundug's otherworld mod is by far the best mod.
    @ Ramtha. Shouldn't you start a poll about this topic? You have asked us questions about everything else. And since you are the grandmaster of all pollsters of this forum....
    Officer to a soldier who refuses to fight: There three types of soldiers who don't have to fight. They are called KIA, MIA and POW and you are not one of them.

Tosa will be missed.

ENSAIS's Avatar Decanus

A really good newer mod is Pro Deo et Rege. I've also played SS 3.2 and LTC quite a bit. DLV was not quite my taste, but all are much better than vanilla, in my opinion.

As for "most popular", probably LTC has been downloaded the most.

Portvcale

Default Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

Hey everyone, this is my first post. I've been playing M2TW using Lusted's LTC mod since I first got this game (I heard it was buggy so never played it unmodded). I think LTC is a pretty cool mod, and what I like most about it is that it's really comprehensive in fixing most of the bugs that vanilla MTW came with. The problem, though, is that I feel like it's not hard enough.

I've played a few campaigns all the way through on VH/VH, and it's not as challenging as I'd like it to be. Are there any other mods besides LTC that I should try? I don't want to play a radically different game than the one that came in the box - I just want a mod that improves on vanilla but keeps the game more or less the same (obviously, additional scenarios and campaigns are always welcome). Also, it's really important to me to have a mod that's really good about cleaning up bugs - both in terms of fixing CA's bugs and not having too many of its own. Just simple things, like making the AI more willing to attack me in coalitions, making it smarter about the armies it builds and the way it fights on the battlefield (I know LTC now has the diplomacy mod added on, but that's not enough). I've heard good things about Stainless Steel, but I really don't know much about it, so can someone pass me a suggestion for a mod?

Also, I really like the diplomacy settings (originally made by Shaba Wangy, I think) that are included in LTC. I'd really like it if you could let me know if the mods you're recommending have these diplomacy fixes or still have the somewhat useless and arbitrary diplomacy that came with the unmodded version.

Thanks!

stainless steel, click my signature and go. Ha, i swear this VH/VH will satisfy you.
    then again, its probably best to wait for 3-4 more days. The new version will come out with two complete new factions.. of course, one of them is on my signature.

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by ENSAIS View Post
    A really good newer mod is Pro Deo et Rege. I've also played SS 3.2 and LTC quite a bit. DLV was not quite my taste, but all are much better than vanilla, in my opinion.

As for "most popular", probably LTC has been downloaded the most.
    Is the download count makes a mod most popular? if that is so where does CAE (Clouds Across Europe) stands with a number of 20323 within two months...
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

more downloads does not mean it's better.. it could mean they are older, but definitely not better.

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike13531 View Post
    more downloads does not mean it's better.. it could mean they are older, but definitely not better.
    Well,I just asked in terms of popularity?
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

im looking for a mod that adds new units/factions all the while being easy to download

Quote Originally Posted by DaLeGiOnArY View Post
    im looking for a mod that adds new units/factions all the while being easy to download
    If you are willing to wait until it is completed, here is a very interesting one by Shaba Wangy (I cannot say how easy or hard it will be to download though):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106821

Dragon Tex's Saxons Redemption makes the Saxons playable and is easy to install:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105923

My little mod also adds new units, more playable factions, and one new faction, but is more in the line of fantasy, with a made up world and provinces. It's relatively easy to download and install - in included step by step instructions. You can check my sig if interested.

These are all pretty low profile mods though, and I'm sure you will hear recommendations for some of the big guns as well.
    Check out my Otherworld mod: A big fantasy map for Medieval 2, new playable factions and more! -Release 7 is now available-

no, actually, SS has what Shaba has created, i think SS also drew his interest there as well, since he is posting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike13531 View Post
    no, actually, SS has what Shaba has created, i think SS also drew his interest there as well, since he is posting on it.
    I should have been more clear about Shaba Wangy's mod - this isn't her diplomacy mod I'm talking about, but Muluk al-Tawa'if - Reyes de Taifas - Taifa Kings (I was scared of the title). It's a mod regarding conflict on the Iberian peninsula.
    Check out my Otherworld mod: A big fantasy map for Medieval 2, new playable factions and more! -Release 7 is now available-

Stainless Steel! Stainless Steel!

SS SS SS SS SS SS SS SS SS!

LOL

But I am dying to download LTC 3.0

Acually I need a mod like Stainless Steel, but where I can play as the mongols (aztecs would also be cool ).

NOT Deus Lo Vult

Icon4 Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

there is a mod or mods that we can play with them online campaign? on lan or internet ? please tell me if there is a mod or not

AmeriBriton's Avatar Civis

Default Welsh

I looked.. couldn't find anything. Any mods with a playable Welsh Faction released yet?

A completed faction that is.

Thanks!

3d Battalion, 172d Infantry (Mountain)
    "Ascend to Victory" Hooah!

s1on's Avatar Laetus

ello...

Are there any mods that make one(or all) of the christian military order (hospitallers, templars, teutonics), playable as a faction?

please, help

Default Re: Welsh

Not that I am aware of. Still, Wales will be a faction in the upcoming Kingdoms expansion, and I'm sure there will be a mod to add the new factions to the grand campaign. But unfortunately, nothing until then as far as I know.

AmeriBriton's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Welsh

Alright, thanks bud.

3d Battalion, 172d Infantry (Mountain)
    "Ascend to Victory" Hooah!