Page 14 of 237 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964114 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: favourite mod or just the normal game

Stainless Steel

hmm stainless steel seems to be a favourite at the moment
    The british empire will be restored

Deus Lo Vult has got to be the most complete addon I've used yet. It incorporates many of the mini-addons (UAI, etc...) and is VERY polished. It just gets better and better with each release.

Currently I'm at around 1290 in my Spanish campaign. In the early years, I held a meager 4 provinces strongly while building up my economy. Finally, after building a strong economy able to support two full armies, I set out to purge the Moors from Iberia. With that accomplished, I turned my attention to the French who were at my eastern borders, I've since pushed them back, cleared the remains of a weak Portugal out of Iberia and have begun another Moorish campaign in North Africa.

Over all the Campaign AI is very crafty, the battles are never stale - it's a great overall experience.

Stainless Steel is frikin sweet. Upcoming version 4.0 will include to new amazing factions including the kievan rus faction and Aragon. Look at the previews here and check out the amazing units. And the gameplay is good too.

Stainless Steel:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=314
    Go to the posts that say preview poste by King Kong

You may also want to check out the upcoming LTC mod by Lusted which will include Kingdoms-style campaigns including the Hundred Year's War.

LTC:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=302

Stainless steel has just gotten boring! The Templars are so rigged even on VH/VH. The Templar Guard is the most powerful infantry unit in the game by far.

joewagner501's Avatar Tiro

I tried a couple of different mods but once I hit on stainless steel I stayed. It is fun.

Default Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

kk, I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for what mod would be good for me. I want a mod that changes lots, but more than anything else add provinces, and lots and lots of factions and units. I also would like said mod to incorporate some of the small mods like Burrek's Knights and Knaves, and also the arrow mod(s) that increase the damage for archer units. I think the mods that change traits, etc. are nice, but I don't really care about them as much as finding a mod that fields a large variety of factions, and their respective units. Can anyone suggest a mod?

i'm wondering.........is there a mod based in 1066?
    Not changing signature until Oklahoma University wins the national championship. (Started 8-18-07)

Now the second patch is out, what's the best mod out there? I'm particularly interested in mods with new units. Also, mods that don't involve hoovering up 50 provinces to win, instead objectives such as: 'Defeat this Faction, outlast that faction', or 'Hold these provinces for x amount of time'. I'm beginning to tire of the landgrab aspect of the Total War games.

Check out the long road the link is below, it speaks for itself, I have played both Dues Lo Volt and The Long Road and they are arguably the most epic mods in release at the moment, but TLR has more units, a tough economy, and no game breaking scripts to slow it down, take a look at it if you are ready for a challenge.

The quickest route may not always be the most fun.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=315

The best mod out has to be DLV.. ive tried all and found DLV to be the most complete mod out there.. i love all the addons to

Icon11 Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

Hi...I'm new...got MTW2 and trying to make sense of what mod/s to get (truly confusing...). I'm into realism. I hear a lot about Stainless Steel and Deus Lo Vult. Whic one should I go for? Also...can I combine and load MTW2, patch 1.2, Ultimate AI, Stainless Steel, Darth's latest mod, Ultimate AI? Are they compatible? Which exe do I use - SS or Dartth or Ultimate AI?

Grateful advice.

PS: I take it the banners mod is not compatibale with DLV or SS - I'd only be able to use its exe to lauch the game, thus negating the other mods?

Tks in advance.

apoll

I am looking for a mod that makes campaign fun, exciting and less monotonous. I am starting to really get bored with the campaign. And by "fun" I don't mean make all the buildings cost more and take longer to build. What would you recommend and why?

also could you rank/rate these mods:

Clouds Across Europe
    Stainless Steel
    Deus lo Vult
    Anno Domini
    Sicilian Vespers
    The Long Road
    Portvcale
    Regions & Provinces
    Custom Campaign Mod
    Machiavello
    Lands to Conquer

Currently playing Portvcale as the French and it is an incredible mod! I am usually bored with most mods, the campaign map never seems to have enough depth and interaction, but I have found Portvcale to be very satisfying. Perhaps I am just finally getting used to the MIITW campaign map, but I haven't had a battle yet and am still enjoying it. Also, death to Burrek's retextures! Too many great mods are using it (I haven't actually battled yet with Portvcale so I am not sure if it is using them) and in the past I have found the skins to be too colorful. The original textures were "realistic" enough... so what if the uniforms looked similar. Take a gander at modern military camouflage, most of them look similar in both style and pattern... my two cents and mod recommendation for an extended campaign map that demands strategy, and did I mention it looks absolutely stunning?!

Icon9 Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

Hi
    Where can I find a mod which allows me to include the missing in game units like the armoured sergeant for england and such into the game?Also is there a mod which includes the new units in stainless steel like the andalusian infantry and the swabians and macemen into the game?

sgtgoody's Avatar Civis

Is there a map or mod that increases the provinces for Sicily? I have poked around a few of the mod threads and map threads but none seem to be stand alone or complete.
    If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Default Shield bug

Hi everyone,
    I noticed the bug inserted with 1.2 patch: so is needed "Rebalance needed of units stats in light of the shield bug being fixed. 2 handed sword units, JHI, Halberd units are now underpowered."
    Is there someone that have modified the file with the unit stat to avoid this bug?

Thanks to all

I'm liking The Long Road, btw, it's pretty accurate, but I was wondering, where would be a good place to find appropriately dark medieval battle music, since the music for Medieval 2 is getting pretty boring.

Default Re: Shield bug

Nice! Thanks for that as well Hephaistos.