Page 236 of 236 FirstFirst ... 136186211226227228229230231232233234235236
Results 4,701 to 4,708 of 4708

Thread: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Hullo. Looking for a mod with the following features:

- Better AI.
    - Better/rebalanced trait system; some more depth with characters, less prevalent or at least more logically assigned negative traits (such as alcoholics, or generals staying outside of settlements automatically getting 'ignorant' trait).
    - Some building rebalance (I appreciate the concept of diminishing returns, but some buildings in vanilla don't feel like a worthy investment, or at least that's what I remember; haven't played Medieval 2 for years).
    - Improved autoresolve (in particular, buffed cav and cav archers; after all, most battles in a campaign are AI vs AI, so having consistency here improves the gameplay).
    - Preferably not a full overhaul, though if only full overhaul mods fit these criteria, that's cool as well.

The Magyar mod mentioned above seems promising, so I might try it out, but still wanted to ask for more recommendations. Cheers.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

In the SSHIP:
    On the alcoholic trait you may read here
    On a better trait system here.
    Example of the buildings' changes you may see here.

but a few other good mods provide similar experience.

Foederatus

Thank you for your work! It helped me alot after coming back to the game since so many years.

Pretty sold on Stainless Steel then. From what I've seen, it's kind of a standard around here.

Is there a way to increase the speed of unit animations in battles? Faster movement, faster fighting, faster dying. Units feel clumsy and unresponsive and battles take too much time unnecessarily, just because of their slow movements. And the battles feel boring. That is what I'm looking to improve. Speeding up time does not solve that.

Gigantus's Avatar You should always listen to your inner voice! - Agreed, but which one?
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Speeding up animations is a long, drawn out procedure. I suppose it's a matter of getting used to it - I am still unsatisfied with the speed battles develop in R2. It's over before you have a proper chance to do anything tactical, rather like a arcade like blob that in rather short time dissolves itself into dead bodies and survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Speeding up animations is a long, drawn out procedure. I suppose it's a matter of getting used to it - I am still unsatisfied with the speed battles develop in R2. It's over before you have a proper chance to do anything tactical, rather like a arcade like blob that in rather short time dissolves itself into dead bodies and survivors.
    I'd rather like the balance acheived in RTW Darthmod, it's both fast and slow enough to act/react; battles are not so ridiculously fast as in vanilla RTW and are not too slow to get annoying. Currently trying out TLK WotN, and it sure is slow and uninteresting after RTW Darthmod.

I guess I'll either adjust or move on. Thanks for the reply.

Gigantus's Avatar You should always listen to your inner voice! - Agreed, but which one?
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Come to think of it: there is the 'move_speed_mod' line in the EDU that speeds up an individual unit's movement. Goes below the recruit_priority offset line, the value used is decimal, 1.0 is the default. Not sure however if it also accelerates battle\attack animations or just movement.

Using values above 1.4 (40% increase) will most likely result in cartoon like speed up.