Page 237 of 237 FirstFirst ... 137187212227228229230231232233234235236237
Results 4,721 to 4,728 of 4728

Thread: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Kinda feel like playing M2TW again. Have there been any good new mods in past ~3 years or so? I don't mean new versions or submods of old mods, I mean something new from the scratch.
    I don't know what you mean as everything is built on the previous developments, but if you're not around for 3 years, I think Tsardoms were not published yet (although perhaps 10 years in gestation).

Icon12 Bulat steel vs roar of conquest?

Which is better and you think i should try first?
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; February 06, 2023 at 12:06 AM. Reason: hard to read

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hello friends, can anyone recomend a First crusade mod? 1099 or before the pilgims set out, preferably with scripts and good units
    Thank you
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; March 10, 2023 at 08:06 AM.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Kinda feel like playing M2TW again. Have there been any good new mods in past ~3 years or so? I don't mean new versions or submods of old mods, I mean something new from the scratch.
    A Medieval Mod 1191 is one of most prominent newcomers.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Can someone help me understand how to modify coat of arms? I am trying to clone and add factions to medieval 2 and I can not understand for the life of me how to modify the coat of arms file. If someone has a video that shows how to do it that would be even better. I have read gigantus instructions from creating a world and dont understand and keep messing it up.

I am just adding factions to the geomod medieval 2 game. I got tired of playing all of these other modifications as they crash or my computer cant run it. I figured the vanilla game has not had crash issues when I played it so might as well modify that.

I am doing the following.

cloning scotland to make ireland

cloning byzantium to make serbia, georgia, and bulgaria.

cloning spain to make aragon

cloning egypt to make abbasid

cloning turks to make kwarzem.

cloning poland to make lithuania

cloning denmak to make norway.

I am taking the symbols from various other modifications such as sship, stainless steel 6.0, 6.4, and mtw2 tsardoms and using them for my vanilla modification.

I will also attempt to take the map from either sship and another modification and putting it into the game. Want to get rid of the Americas area and expand east towards Iran and central Asia.

Any help is appreciated. Hopefully I posted this in the right area if not mods please move it accordingly.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Can someone give me a run down of the late start mods,, around 1450?
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

If you're still interested, the 1448 campaign of Tsardoms Total War is an excellent mod. Another excellent one is The Italian Wars mod, but it's in 1493. Roar of Conquest The Late Middle Ages is a like a late medieval Stainless Steel mod which starts in 1330 and reaches up to 1730. Moldova Total WAR BS Ottoman Invasion 1453 is around the same period as Tsardoms, but I haven't played it yet.

Since I love the pike and shot era, here's another mod recommendation for a very underrated mod. It's the With Fire and Sword 2 mod.

With Fire and Sword 2, also called Ogniem i Mieczem II, I believe is the work of the same Ukrainian devs who made the WFAS module for Mount and Blade, so expect some quality work. I haven't played it extensively yet, but it's definitely up there with my favorite mods, imo the definitive global Pike and Shot Total War experience. Dont be turned off by the name, it has a comprehensive english translation and very playable. This mod is also actually still actively being worked on in the Imperial Total War Forum so more updates are coming.

Here's some description of the mod:
    - Choose from multiple campaigns: 1618 global european campaign (main campaign), 1618 eastern europe WFAS campaign, 1550 global european campaign, 1550 eastern europe campaign, 1667 western europe campaign about the Sun King. The 1550 campaigns are beta and might be unfinished yet.
    - Play with the famed tercios at the height of the Spanish empire, or the mighty winged hussars of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, or the feared Jannisaries of the powerful Ottoman empire.
    - Beautiful custom units, strat models, ui, and campaign map. There's not a single vanilla unit in the mod.
    - Proper pike and shot warfare. Armies are automatically arranged in proper pike and shot formations at the start of battles.

Only downside is the complicated mod installation, but that is fixed now. Credit to MrSherman29 for repacking the mod files with the latest patches and the english translation. According to him it is also very stable. Download link can be found here:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...load-Link-2023

Two other great mods in the pike and shot era are Potop Total War and Asia Empires. Both can be found in moddb but are only partially translated to english. I have provided a more complete english translation (through google translate) for both which makes them much more playable. Still not 100% in english though. Both links for the translation patches found below.

Potop Total War - Covers the whole of Europe and some American colonies. Starts after the Peace of Westphalia in 1648 (Update: Potop Total War 1.8 has now an official english translation.)
    Link: https://www.moddb.com/mods/potop-total-war

Asia Empires - 17th Century East and Southeastern Asia. Includes Chinese factions, Japanese, Mongols, Indians, Viets, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch etc. Very beautiful buildings and unit models.
    Link: https://www.moddb.com/mods/asia-empires

Additional translation patches:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by CheriSh17; November 17, 2023 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Update: Potop Total War 1.8 has now an official english translation.