Page 233 of 237 FirstFirst ... 133183208223224225226227228229230231232233234235236237 LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 4728

Thread: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Civis

Default Re: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Looks like I’ll have to research

Can someone tell me which mods make the best use of Ai, both CAi and BAi.
    Also, what do you guys have to say about the Ai’s use of gun units. Is it real bad? Worse than Empire/Napoleon?
    I want to try the 1648 mod but I’m afraid that my brain meats is too OP...

Virian's Avatar Civis

Hello guys, I've just started playing the Thera mod and I was wondering if there are any that are somehow similar to it.

What I'm looking for is:
    1. an expanded map( anything works except East Asia) can be from RL or fiction
    2 Multiple continents available
    3 Either all factions have at least a musket unit or none do, I don't want to find a faction I like a lot only for it to be nerfed big time in the late game due to lack of fire weapons
    4. Have pagans or equivalent, not just catholics and islam equivalents but actual factions that represent pagans and the advantages of different religions
    5. fantasy elements albeit that is optional.

Mods I've played
    -Total Vanilla
    -SS6.4(SSHIP, Titanium)
    -Thera: Legacy of great torment.
    -Westeros total war( tried it but lost interest.)
    -Lands to Conquer
    -Expanded Americas
    -The long road
    -Regions and provinces(loved the game, hated the diplomacy system.)
    -Darth Mod(Lost interest after a while)
    -Bellum Crucis( lost interest)

Hey guys, I am new here and looking for some nice mod that improves AI in both battle and campaign aspects, but doesn't change the entire game too much. Can you recommend me something? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

Are there any mods with custom Russian settlements? Or Victorian/napoleonic?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Possibly strat models (Rusischi?), but not battle models that I know of.

I'm looking for a mod that doesn't change the whole game. I didn't play M2TW for a while so I want a mod with strong vanilla feel. It may be something like an Extended Greek Mod for RTW or maybe Darthmod (I've never tried this one).
    When I get used to M2TW I wish to try some bigger mods. I guess they way to go is Stainless Steel with one submod (but which one exactly?). Bellum Crusis also seems to be a nice mod, but I heard it has some stability issues.

Blog Entries

Stainless Steel is your thing if you want an 'extended' vanilla feel. Top it up with the SSHIP sub mod and you should have all your heart desires. Or the Titanium sub mod - have a look at the descriptions of these two sub mods before making your decision.

Ok, so there is no reason to look at Kingdom Grand Campaign Mod, Total Vanilla & Total Bananas or Retrofit mod?
    I thought SS is more like an overhaul similar to Europa Barbarorum or Ab Urbe Condita for RTW.

Blog Entries

Technically you should look at nearly every mod that is available: 'doesn't change the whole game' is a tad vague (which part should remain unchanged? traits? ancillary? AI behaviour? map? battle? units? etc etc). SS is the same time period as the default game and has a lot of reworked stuff in pretty much every aspect but still retains the basic 'feel' - exactly what EB did for RTW.

And then you also get others like one of my mods that literally changes everything.

I should be more specific. Period should be the same, new units, icons, battlemaps are welcome. I just want to have a pleasurable vanilla experience (as I said I didn't play Medieval for years) and I mean classic Medieval 2 with some bugfixes, improvements, new units. This will remind me original game and then I'll try some bigger mods like SS which you recommend.

I totally forget about AI. Any improvements would be great. Rome:TW (which I know the best) has plenty of great mods, but AI is basically the same.

Blog Entries

I just curated a number of old mods to make them steam and kingdoms compatible, some of them might fit your criteria. Check this tag list, contains my other mods as well which will not fit.

Thank you for help. I can run any mod, because I'm a happy owner of Medieval 2 on 4 CD's.

Blog Entries

In case you ever have problems with a damaged disk, here is how to get your free Steam installation.

Default Asia Empire 0.8 English translation

I looking English translation Mod Asia Empire 0.8

Virian's Avatar Civis

Default Mesoamerican mods.

I've been lately fascinated by the Americas expansion and the gameplay it offers (however short) this period. As such I've been wondering if there are any mods (or games if you guys know any) that focuses around the region, both pre-European Invasion and during it.

Before you guys give me the recs I'd like to point out that I'm familiar with the bananas mod, The Expanded Americas and total vanilla 3.3. While those are all good, none of them are quite what I'm looking for as they're just addons to the european campaign or extremely limited even when compared to the content of the Americas expansion.

Default Re: Mesoamerican mods.

There is nothing currently available that I have heard of and I've tried to find it. There is a mod Colonies and Empires that greatly expands the Americas but it's still in development.

France can be quite fun; use this guide to play as them. I made a few tweaks when I did the campaign but it's not necessary. I recommend getting rid of the small expeditions however or it will be too easy.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...hlight=hotseat

Default Mod requests plz - Age of Empires/Age of Mythology (Ancient Civilizations)/Age of Fantasy Anime

Hi has anyone made any mods which have ancient civilizations like in age of empires 1 (like bronze age/troy, babylon, sumerians, hittite .. etc that kind of thing)

(or alternatively maybe like ancient mythology (Atlantis units, minotaurs, unicorns, jotuns)? but my first preference would be normal ancient civ mod if you know of any ???

Also has anyone made any with anime fantasy characters/factions? like Shining force games (has many fantasy units)! I think it would be cool to have a map with different realms of anime fantasy factions and characters all battling it out for fun

I would like to try those out if you could recommend any to me if they were made thanks, or plz make them if there arent any )) . thanks!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mod requests plz - Age of Empires/Age of Mythology (Ancient Civilizations)/Age of Fantasy Anime

Ancient - Europa Barbaorum II
    Fantasy\Mythology - Thera

I am sure there are more, check the descriptions here.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Mod requests plz - Age of Empires/Age of Mythology (Ancient Civilizations)/Age of Fantasy Anime

Thera... what you just reminded me Gig... I have done some work for that mod long, long ago...
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Default Animations mod?

Hello
    Not sure if this is the right place, but i have a question, could you recomend any combat aimations submods that are newish kinda(i would like to put them in my third age divide and conquer ) if there are any or some other cool submods which are not that known?
    Thank you in advance.