Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: == Consolidated “Lost” Units Project ==

I did some more unit cards....these are for Borsook and my mods, but, you guys can use them for your mod, too. The zip includes Briton Warband Calvary, Briton Warband Archers, and Spanish archers units cards and info cards. They are not perfect, but, I thought I'd post them to try and help out.

Originally posted by yakaspat@Apr 3 2005, 08:41 PM
    I did some more unit cards....these are for Borsook and my mods, but, you guys can use them for your mod, too. The zip includes Briton Warband Calvary, Briton Warband Archers, and Spanish archers units cards and info cards. They are not perfect, but, I thought I'd post them to try and help out.
    What's britian warband cavalry? :blink The guys i have in the project now, are the ones wearing the shirts with a strip of armor on them at the waist, and i have unit/info cards made by Weirdshady for them already. Did you find a different one?

-Briton Warband Archers: Thanks, good job. :cool
    -Iberian archers: the barb_archer for iberia wears a shirt and looks nothing like this...is this a different unit you found?
    -Barb slinger briton: this is the regular unit/info card for the default vanilla slingers...a mistake?

Also, Borsook, nice job with the sprites. They are perfect for the brit peltasts, and the scythian cataphracts have a little bit of "shimmer" at some zoom out distances, but its hardly noticable, i've put them in.

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Do you need some more sprites? I've got lost in what's already done and what's not... You could once again post all the stuff that needs doing.
    As for british cavalery, it's the same unit, Yakaspat modified gaul cavalery card, so there's no 'shirt' on them, but they have correct angle and, in my opinion, fit other CA cards better than the one you have.
    Under Patronage of Necrobrit

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

As for others, in the zip file there are few CA ones, leftovers from modding, ignore them. As for archers - they too miss the shirt, but the cards look good, I personally do not care that much whether or not they fit the unit perfectly, it's much better than using peasant cards, ain't it?

PS. In the previous post I meant briton not british. All history freaks - You can cut out my liver.

What Borsook said.

...like I said, they're not perfect. :grin

Hehe, i kept the first "cry for help" post updated. It may be locked, but i can still edit it and change it around. Just keep reffering back to that one if ya wants to contribute more. :cool

Hmm, its hard now, do i insult you guys by choosing WS's cavalry card, or insult him by choosing yours. :wack
    Well, since he submitted his first, his goes in as default. I'l put in your card as a variation. How bout that?

I think in about 10 hours or so, i'l release the 3rd version of the beta...i'm trying to get through all the greeks now so that they get in, along with the carths and easterns.

Here's the page where you can check on what i need....
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index...howtopic=24818

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Ooops, forgot about that topic, I'll do the sprites today and post here.

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Naked Fanatics Briton Sprites.

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Old slingers - Britons

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Barb_archers_britons

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

The sprites just above are for Brit Archer Warband, in your list you say that Barb Archers also need sprites, but for what factions? Spain?

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

BTW Do you want to include the Egyptian elephants? If so I may post the files (I did some adjusting to make crew appear correctly inside the tower not on the tower)

Originally posted by Tsarevna@Apr 4 2005, 08:28 PM
    Hehe, i kept the first "cry for help" post updated. It may be locked, but i can still edit it and change it around. Just keep reffering back to that one if ya wants to contribute more. :cool

Hmm, its hard now, do i insult you guys by choosing WS's cavalry card, or insult him by choosing yours. :wack
    Well, since he submitted his first, his goes in as default. I'l put in your card as a variation. How bout that?

I think in about 10 hours or so, i'l release the 3rd version of the beta...i'm trying to get through all the greeks now so that they get in, along with the carths and easterns.

Here's the page where you can check on what i need....
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index...howtopic=24818
    :lol

I'm not insulted at all. Use whichever cards look best. This was my first attempt at unit card creation, so, I'm still learning.

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Hmm, got lost possibly the last sprites for Briton archers I posted were not the ones needed, check that, please.
    And now - sprites for brtion,dacia,scythia,spain archers

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Originally posted by yakaspat@Apr 5 2005, 06:03 AM
    I'm not insulted at all. Use whichever cards look best. This was my first attempt at unit card creation, so, I'm still learning.
    And I believe You did a good work, I think it would be great if you did some more from the very long list of cards this project lacks

Borsook,

I appreciate your kind words...perhaps to kind!

But, keep in mind, I'm only editing the unit cards in Paint Shop Pro. I'm pretty good at editing graphics (you'll see I have my own CGI website in my signature), but, I don't have the ability to render the figures in 3D and create new "poses" of the figures from which to make new scratch unit cards (like the true professionals in this group). So, I'd be happy to try and make some new unit cards, but, my cards will be limited to those I can edit in PSP.

I can probably edit some existing cards (like I did for the briton archers) to create these guys, my cards may be better than peasant cards, but, they may not look exactly like the unit model (like my barbarian calvary card I made), but I'll try my best:

Ones I think I can do.
    Ones I think I cannot do.

-Gaulish Night Raiders (DONE)
    -Barbarian Archers (Which faction? This shouldn't be hard)
    -British Skirmishers (DONE)
    -Scythian Skirmishers (DONE)
    -Noble Cavalry (This might be too hard for me)
    -Old Forester Warband (I have no idea what this guy looks like)
    -Scythian Swordsmen (DONE)
    -Old Chosen Axemen (No idea what they look like)
    -Old Scythian and Briton Warband (No idea again)
    -Naked Fanatics (I tried this guy...but, someone with the ability to render the unit model will need to do this)
    -Scythian Spear Warband (DONE)
    -Scythian Cataphracts (DONE)

Didn't Tsavara manage to recruit some card genuine card makers? Have they completed any of these?

Can someone post a blank grass unit card template?

Yak

Check through all the big mods like SPQR , Hun Invasion and the newest version of Darthmod. I found good UI approiate for a number of the "lost" units in these mods, just obtain the permission from the creators. :whistle
    Also as I said before I can make UI with max fairly quickly, Im only very busy, and have VERY litte time so Tserverna, if you will E-MAIL me a LIST(along with the pack of broken moddles and textures to fix) Ill crank them out one night here soon. But without a little assigned, organized task to complete it is unlikly that I will get much if anything done on my own at this point. :blush

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Originally posted by yakaspat@Apr 5 2005, 06:59 AM
    -Barbarian Archers (Which faction? This shouldn't be hard)
    Well you did the ones for Britons/Spain, so Dacia/Scythia remain.

Originally posted by Borsook+Apr 5 2005, 12:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td> (Borsook @ Apr 5 2005, 12:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-yakaspat@Apr 5 2005, 06:59 AM
    -Barbarian Archers (Which faction? This shouldn&#39;t be hard)
    Well you did the ones for Britons/Spain, so Dacia/Scythia remain. [/b][/quote]
    Do the Dacia and Scythia guys look like the Briton and Spain guys?

Just so you know, Borsook, it&#39;s very very very easy to stick a pair of faction-specific pants/shorts/skirts on the Briton archer and call it complete. If the Dacia and Scythia guys have some faction-specific model parts (hats, plumes, shirts, arm bands, etc), it&#39;s harder to do. For example, I made the Briton horseman guy literally from scratch...his legs, waits, and the horse&#39;s back are all hand drawn&#33; :lol

Originally posted by WEIRDSHADY@Apr 5 2005, 11:44 AM
    Check through all the big mods like SPQR , Hun Invasion and the newest version of Darthmod. I found good UI approiate for a number of the "lost" units in these mods, just obtain the permission from the creators. :whistle
    Also as I said before I can make UI with max fairly quickly, Im only very busy, and have VERY litte time so Tserverna, if you will E-MAIL me a LIST(along with the pack of broken moddles and textures to fix) Ill crank them out one night here soon. But without a little assigned, organized task to complete it is unlikly that I will get much if anything done on my own at this point. :blush
    Check out my green and red christmas list of unit cards...those are the ones that we need. There&#39;s a bunch of em. I was going to do the ones in green, but, if you want to do them, PLEASE do, as, mine suck next to yours.