Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: == Consolidated “Lost” Units Project ==

ok, nevermind the posts (mines and yakaspat) I deleted them, but i have to add, that browsing through the lost units, there are still more. I guess we aren't activating the celt generals and the rest of the scythian swordbands? (2 more different skin scythian swordbands and the 2 celt generals) I know those have some problems with the skin (missing shoulder missing armpit) but i can post a way to activate them anyway.

I'm talking about these: ( available for briton, dacia, ibera, scythia) who likes these? who wants these instead of the standard?

code:
    Code:
    type  barb_warguard_sword
    skeleton 	fs_swordsman
    indiv_range 	40
    texture  spain, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_BARB_WARBAND_SWORD_iberia.TGA
    texture  britons, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_BARB_WARBAND_SWORD_BRITON.TGA
    texture  dacia, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_BARB_WARBAND_SWORD_dacia.TGA
    texture  scythia, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_BARB_WARBAND_SWORD_scythia.TGA
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_barb_warguard_400.cas, 8
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_barb_warguard_300.cas, 15
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_barb_warguard_200.cas, 30
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_barb_warguard_100.cas, 40
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_barb_warguard_70.cas, max
    model_sprite 60.0, data/sprites/barb_warguard_sprite.spr
    model_sprite dacia, 60.0, data/sprites/dacia_barb_warguard_sprite.spr
    model_sprite britons, 60.0, data/sprites/britons_barb_warguard_sprite.spr
    model_sprite spain, 60.0, data/sprites/dacia_barb_warguard_sprite.spr
    model_sprite scythia, 60.0, data/sprites/dacia_barb_warguard_sprite.spr
    model_tri 	400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f
    Use them as your new swordsman model (change the 'soldier' line in the export descr_unit.txt) or create a new unit if you wish.

you can ignore my rules for a moment about posting. (i'll delete them later)

as you see they look blocky (briton shown, the rest of factions similar with color difference) since i used the warguard model, since there is none for them:

unused "east archer" skin:

UNIT_PERSIAN_ARCHER.TGA.DDS

Awesome skin. The game uses the "persian_elite_archer" skin for any foot archers for the easterns. the other "eastern archer" skin is only for the elephant archers and some horse archers but they are all different the eastern_archer.cas files will work with this unit fine, although they do have a somewhat pointy chin under the cover (see picture), I still like these skins better than the persian archer skins used by the vanilla. To activate the skin, just copy/paste my code (below) into your descr_model_battle.txt, and find your favorite eastern archer and use the "eastern_archer" for your "soldier" model. It's a similar process as the macedonian sacred band indicated above.

code
    Code:
    type  east_archer
    skeleton 	fs_archer, fs_dagger
    indiv_range 	40
    texture  armenia, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_PERSIAN_ARCHER.TGA
    texture  pontus, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_PERSIAN_ARCHER.TGA
    texture  parthia, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_PERSIAN_ARCHER.TGA
    texture  slave, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_PERSIAN_ARCHER.TGA
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_eastern_archer_high.cas, 15
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_eastern_archer_med.cas, 30
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_eastern_archer_low.cas, 40
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_eastern_archer_lowest.cas, max
    model_sprite slave, 60.0, data/sprites/slave_persian_elite_archer_sprite.spr
    model_sprite armenia, 60.0, data/sprites/armenia_persian_elite_archer_sprite.spr
    model_sprite pontus, 60.0, data/sprites/pontus_persian_elite_archer_sprite.spr
    model_sprite parthia, 60.0, data/sprites/parthia_persian_elite_archer_sprite.spr
    screenshot: (the found new skin archer is firing (front left) and the old vanilla persian elite archer is running back (on the right)

I also created two sacred band units horsearcher my friend, shall I post them?

I do realise you posted yours? :huh

The Sacred Band unit was known of since the first modding days...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it was meant to be the Theban Sacred Band - there's even a pre-made unit card for it that is unused. (Actually 2 unit cards, one "#GREEK_SACRED_BAND.TGA" and the other "#GREEK_ATHENIAN_HOPLITES.TGA". (They're the same.)

Yes I know meh_cd my friend, but for some reason, I don't see them released, unless my eyes misread it? :crying

Started modding once after grasping some of the basic modding thing. Started on creating several junky units, since I can't find any sacerd units around :sad

By the way meh_cd my friend, how good are in editing cas and tga files (matter of interest and being nosy sorry)

Originally posted by fallingstar@Apr 2 2005, 06:15 PM
    Yes I know meh_cd my friend, but for some reason, I don't see them released, unless my eyes misread it? :crying

Started modding once after grasping some of the basic modding thing. Started on creating several junky units, since I can't find any sacerd units around :sad

By the way meh_cd my friend, how good are in editing cas and tga files (matter of interest and being nosy sorry)
    I've made a few of my own mods, mostly chop jobs. Got Photoshop and max, can apply a texture, edit the skeletons, mish mash parts, switch weapons and shields, etc. I can only do rudimentary mapping though - that is tough stuff.

Oh, here's all the Sacred Band stuff. Back in the olden days when we couldn't edit CAS files I used it for my Spartans.

Sorry guys off topic,

You don't mind if you can start a new thread and post them meh_cd?

About the lost unit project, I been a bit busy haven't went into here for some time, I try to carry on with some of the units if I can make them goodlooking and not ugly. :wack

Yeah, please let's keep this clean. The units I am posting is unreleased in the lost unit project. Any units i find unreleased and unused in the vanilla game will be posted here. Since the first release didn't include all the units which were not available in vanilla RTW but easy to activate with a few lines of text (no skin downloads necessary), I will post these units and they will hopefully become a subject for the next release of "lost units". We are not talking about individual unit downloads, but a full pack just as tsarevna already made the first pack available.
    I will go around again and delete all the non-essential replies (no offense and please, this is the sake of having all the found units in nicely one line, i will also delete any of my replies so this thread is easily readable)

Ok, back to topic:

celt general and celt_lesser_general.tga How can we use them?

Just to have a variety of units on the field, i made both units as some "heavy swordsman" replacing some "warguard" models used repeatedly throughout the game for many barbaric factions.

this is an example for both, you can replace any of your warguards or sword units with this model. (follow the lancer replacement or the east archer example)

celt lesser general use: I gave them to the gauls as their "warguard" so now their warguard looks different.

problems: a small but noticable "cut" under their arm when they move it, but i still love the skin:

code

Code:
    type  barb_heavy_swordsman
    skeleton 	fs_swordsman
    indiv_range 	40
    texture  gauls, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_CELT_LESSER_GENERAL.TGA
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/officer_celt_lesser_general_450.CAS, 10
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/officer_celt_lesser_general_350.CAS, 30
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/officer_celt_lesser_general_250.CAS, 40
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/officer_celt_lesser_general_100.CAS, max
    model_sprite gauls, 60.0, data/sprites/gauls_barb_warguard_sprite.spr
    screenshot:

celt general use: Gave them to the britons. I know they are red and you can re-color it if you want, or just give them to the spain, they can also use a sword unit:
    problems: none really. If you have your detail turned down too far, you might notice some missing piece of shoulder, or similar, but nothing to worry about. (turn your detail up)

code:

Code:
    type  barb_heavy_swordsman_briton
    skeleton 	fs_fast_swordsman
    indiv_range 	40
    texture  britons, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_CELT_GENERAL.TGA
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/officer_celt_general_150.CAS, 10
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/officer_celt_general_300.CAS, 25
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/officer_celt_general_450.CAS, 35
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/officer_celt_general_600.CAS, max
    screenshot: (notice the cool engraved sword design, nobody has these in vanilla)

They can be also an excellent general for any faction with some touch-up recoloration.

To remind everyone, none of these units have sprites used the correct way. I just threw in some other unit sprites so, color shifting will happen. I can make sprites for it later if this lost unit update becomes reality.

Originally posted by fallingstar@Apr 2 2005, 06:41 PM
    I also created two sacred band units horsearcher my friend, shall I post them?

I do realise you posted yours? :huh
    you created them? Well, cool, but so far what i posted is all available without any skin download necessary.None of these units are modded in any way. I didn't change a thing with these skins i only activated them with some text lines.
    No offense but since you created the skins, they don't count as a lost unit, but if you wish to offer it, go ahead.

Next missing or "lost" units:

German General and German lesser general awesome looking skins by the way (just look below)

I used them to make a new "german general" for the germans only, some variety in the game doesn't hurt:

How to activate:

German general

problems: absolutely none

Code:
    type  german_general_real
    skeleton 	fs_swordsman
    skeleton_horse fs_hc_swordsman	
    skeleton_elephant	fs_forest_elephant_rider
    skeleton_chariot	fs_chariot_sword
    skeleton_camel fs_hc_swordsman
    indiv_range 	40
    texture  britons, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_GERMAN_GENERAL.TGA
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/officer_german_general_600.CAS, 10
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/officer_german_general_450.CAS, 30
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/officer_german_general_300.CAS, 40
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/officer_german_general_150.CAS, max
    screenshot:

German Lesser General
    problems: none

Code:
    type  german_lesser_general_real
    skeleton 	fs_swordsman
    skeleton_horse fs_hc_swordsman	
    skeleton_elephant	fs_forest_elephant_rider
    skeleton_chariot	fs_chariot_sword
    skeleton_camel fs_hc_swordsman
    indiv_range 	40
    texture  germans, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_GERMAN_LESSER_GENERAL.TGA
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/officer_german_lesser_general_450.CAS, 10
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/officer_german_lesser_general_350.CAS, 30
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/officer_german_lesser_general_250.CAS, 40
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/officer_german_lesser_general_100.CAS, max
    model_sprite 60.0, data/sprites/german_general_sprite.spr
    This is one evil looking SOB, i'm telling you, look at his eyes, aaaahh!
    screenshot:

I just really like the idea of the generals have shields:

You don't need to edit the export descr unit txt, since the generals get called in the descr_character.txt

Here is how:

browse down to your faction you want to change your general and change the battle model line to your model:
    german general example:
    Code:
    faction 	germans
    dictionary 2
    strat_model sm_barb_general
    battle_model	german_general_real
    battle_equip	gladius, chainmail shirt helmet and rectangular shield
    lesser general example:

Code:
    faction 	germans
    dictionary 2
    strat_card data/ui/barbarian/agents/card_general_celt.tga
    strat_model sm_barb_lesser_general
    battle_model	german_lesser_general_real
    battle_equip	gladius, chainmail shirt helmet and rectangular shield
    You can also use these skin/models as your swordsman unit in a similar way i used the celt generals in the previous post.

Again, to remind you all, these are all "stock" skins, nothing changed, nothing colored, nothing created. they are all available to anybody who has RTW installed. It is in your game directory, sitting there doing nothing.. You installed these skins as well when you installed rome-total war , the game just don't use them.

HA,
    The sacred band is for the greeks, they are the Theban Sacred Band, a band of gay lovers, no joke. They kicked the spartans butts no less than 3 times in battle, but finally were wiped out with philip and alexander defeated them. They fought to the death, so there were only like 3 guys who surrendered out of the 300 guys in the band...I'm looking into making it so that they can only be trained in Athens, since they will be a great elite unit...trainable by any greek faction (cities, macedon, seleucid) who owns Athens. (Me and Lusted chose athens since Thebes isn't on the map, close enough. ) :rolleyes
    Webbird made up some sweet skins for them, and we have the original also, of course.

The macedonian lancers are already found as well, and i have the updated and repaired skin which has the lance with the proper texture. I also have the unit cards for them, which are available in the downloads section.

Thanks for telling me how to get the swordsmen with the (circle) shield, i didn't know how to activate them, but i assumed that it was somewhere in this 30 page long thread now i don't have to look anymore for them.

The question of the celt generals (and german generals) is still up in the air, should they be generals or soldiers? I think i'l put them in both ways.

As i have said before, there will be a variations section...where different people have different opinions about how a unit should be activated, and they will be alternative ways to activate them. As an example: Lusted likes his Macedonian Lancers to replace the Light Lancer unit entirely, but i would like to keep the light lancers and have the Mace Lancers replace the greek cavalry, but have the same stats as greek cavalry. Other people still would want the Mace Lancers as an entirely new, distinct unit, and not having it replace anybody. So, i'm going to include the directions on how to do all of these things.

This is how i will do the celt/german generals too, in the variations section, i'l explain how to get them as foot soldiers.

Weirdshady has made some excellent unit cards for them, and they will not go to waste.

He also made some nice changes to the german chosen axemen, and they will be in the variations section too.

Standby for updates. *tongue*

I just updated the model flexi for these arab infantry, they look very close to the slave infantry, but not completely.

Ok, i guess i'll remove some of those entries. (i haven't been around in this thread)

How about this one:

UNIT_SELEUCID_ARAB_LIGHT_INFANTRY.TGA

this is what i did, since the selecuids don't have this type of unit, but the eastern light infantry is the same model, but ugly skins (IMO)

Ignore the name, it's for the eastern factions not selecuid.

Code:
    type  selecuid_light_infantry
    skeleton 	fs_spearman    &#59; combat spear
    indiv_range 	40
    texture  parthia, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_SELEUCID_ARAB_LIGHT_INFANTRY.TGA
    texture  pontus, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_SELEUCID_ARAB_LIGHT_INFANTRY.TGA
    texture  slave, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_SELEUCID_ARAB_LIGHT_INFANTRY.TGA
    texture  selecuid, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_SELEUCID_ARAB_LIGHT_INFANTRY.TGA
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_greek_arab_light_infantry_v2_high.cas, 15
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_greek_arab_light_infantry_v2_med.cas, 30
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_greek_arab_light_infantry_v2_low.cas, 40
    model_flexi 	data/models_unit/unit_greek_arab_light_infantry_v2_lowest.cas, MAX
    model_sprite slave, 60.0, data/sprites/slave_desert_infantry_sprite.spr
    screenshot:
    Notice how nicely colored skin it is, and way better than any of those sparabara infantry skins:

updated, spear is not missing at all
    pretty much can be used on player prererence which skin you want to replace for the sparabara infantry, as you see i made a new unit, so i didn't destroy the old light infantry text.

did you guys manage to activate those cataphracts that vlad was talking about in the beginning? the same units as the normal, except they had a shield.

I'll be also looking up those hidden textures in the building files, i think i know how to activate them.

Yeah i did HA. If you downloaded my beta release, you would see in my "list" in the Contents part, that the sheild cataphracts are in.

Also, i have those blue persian skins already. Turns out, they are the "default" skins of the eastern army! But, they only show up if you make some sort of typo error in descr_model_battle.txt, which would keep the purple parthian skins from being used, etc.

I'l make them as some new mercenaries, and put them in the "variations" section. I plan to make a few surprise mercenaries for this release. :happy

edit: those seleu infantry guys are new to me...i've seen them before in the textures folder, but just didn't know what to make of them. I assumed that they were a rebel texture or something.

If any unit has a major flaw in it, like missing weapons (such as the octogon-sheild barb peltast) i'm gonna put them in their own section. A section called "Broken". They will be point-of-interest units, things that are cute to look at, but really look too horrible to be used in the game as they are. (Some roman and egyptian skins fit this catagory also.) Hopefully, someone will take some pity on such units and "repair" or alter them in some way to make them usable. Someday.

*edit; lol HA, you used the wrong model. You ninny. :lol Well, i can&#39;t claim immunity, i&#39;ve done that a few times myself. :>< *tongue*

the selecuid (???) eastern infantry is not broken anymore. i used the wrong model, now it&#39;s good. look again, i replaced the picture and the text.

no luck activating those units in the building texture found. They are useless. I know CA had the models for it, i saw the screenshot. I was also looking for those pretty white horses, but no luck. Strange thing is, everybody is modding all the units, the poor horses don&#39;t get any treatment at all. There are many different horses, smaller, bigger, thinner, thicker. I wonder if there is any horse expert (or close to it) could give an advice what model/size and types of horses to be used. But i&#39;m off topic now, but don&#39;t worry i&#39;ll delete my useless replies later...any yours (the reader) too &#33;
    *wink*

Guess what...the readme is now 51 pages long (in doc format.) And it&#39;s still growing&#33;

Its not going to stop growing until the final thing is done. :lol

I did a unit card and an info card for the Briton archer warband, in case anybody didn&#39;t. :happy

EDIT: Removed attachment from this post. See post further down.

Horse archer, u, u&#33; u stole my discovery&#33; how could u?&#33; :angry I found those barb infantry things&#33; I think. Ok, Ok not to make this spam. :rolleyes The german generals are in that movie that i told u about in the other closed topic. Those seleucid arab infantry, arnt they already used? They are the Judean Zelots, for the rebel faction. And, hmmmmm I forgot wat I what else I was gona say. :mellow

Originally posted by Chilly5@Apr 3 2005, 07:43 PM
    Horse archer, u, u&#33; u stole my discovery&#33; how could u?&#33; :angry I found those barb infantry things&#33; I think. Ok, Ok not to make this spam. :rolleyes The german generals are in that movie that i told u about in the other closed topic. Those seleucid arab infantry, arnt they already used? They are the Judean Zelots, for the rebel faction. And, hmmmmm I forgot wat I what else I was gona say. :mellow
    The judean zealots use a slightly different looking skin.
    I&#39;ll be working on some unit cards later, i think i&#39;m done with my "lost" unit search for now....