Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: == Consolidated “Lost” Units Project ==

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

daleio, in descr_model_battle, the archers entry has semi-colons in front of it. Remember to remove them.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Originally posted by horsearcher@Feb 22 2005, 02:50 PM
    hold on, not done yet *tongue*

archers for dacia, scythia and briton and iberia(spain for the weak ones): I like these archers so much, that the default vanilla archers are taken out from my game.
    The iberian archer has a tricky name, but this one needs the same model as the other barbarians.
    using the chosen archer model to fit the texture :

Code:
    type * *barb_archer
    skeleton *	fs_fast_archer, fs_fast_dagger
    indiv_range *	40
    texture * *scythia, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_BARB_ARCHER_SCYTHIA.TGA
    texture * *britons, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_BARB_ARCHER_BRITON.TGA
    texture * *dacia, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_BARB_ARCHER_DACIA.TGA
    texture * *spain, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_BARB_WARBAND_ARCHER_IBERIA.TGA
    model_flexi *	data/models_unit/unit_barb_chosen_archers_400.cas, 8
    model_flexi *	data/models_unit/unit_barb_chosen_archers_300.cas, 15
    model_flexi *	data/models_unit/unit_barb_chosen_archers_200.cas, 30
    model_flexi *	data/models_unit/unit_barb_chosen_archers_100.cas, 40
    model_flexi *	data/models_unit/unit_barb_chosen_archers_70.cas, max
    model_sprite *scythia, 60.0, data/sprites/scythia_warband_archer_sprite.spr
    model_sprite *dacia, 60.0, data/sprites/dacia_warband_archer_sprite.spr
    model_sprite *britons, 60.0, data/sprites/britons_warband_archer_sprite.spr
    model_sprite *germans, 60.0, data/sprites/germans_warband_archer_sprite.spr
    model_tri *	400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f
    HA,
    these barb archers have their own model, i'l use my desr_modle_battle entry as an example

type unit_barb_archer
    skeleton fs_fast_archer, fs_fast_dagger
    indiv_range 40
    texture britons, data/models_unit/textures/unit_barb_archer_briton.tga
    texture dacia, data/models_unit/textures/unit_barb_archer_dacia.tga
    texture scythia, data/models_unit/textures/unit_barb_archer_scythia.tga
    texture spain, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_BARB_WARBAND_ARCHER_IBERIA.TGA
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_barb_archer_400.cas, 8
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_barb_archer_300.cas, 15
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_barb_archer_200.cas, 30
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_barb_archer_100.cas, 40
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_barb_archer_70.cas, max
    model_sprite 60.0, data/sprites/britons_barb_crew_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f
    Would there be an easy way to get them to use an axe instead of a dagger? I think there's an axe texture on their skin.

yes, there is, just use the alternate model i found for the gaul huntsmen or what ever they are called, is exactly the same as the archers and thier skins except it has a axe! i guess i for got to mention that was how i implemented them.

type warband_huntsman2
    skeleton fs_fast_archer, fs_fast_spearman
    indiv_range 40
    texture gauls, data/models_unit/textures/unit_barb_warband_huntsman_gaul.tga
    texture dacia, data/models_unit/textures/unit_barb_archer_dacia.tga
    texture scythia, data/models_unit/textures/unit_barb_archer_scythia.tga
    texture britons, data/models_unit/textures/unit_barb_archer_briton.tga
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_barb_warband_huntsman_400.cas, 8
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_barb_warband_huntsman_300.cas, 15
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_barb_warband_huntsman_200.cas, 30
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_barb_warband_huntsman_100.cas, 40
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_barb_warband_huntsman_70.cas, max
    model_sprite gauls, 60.0, data/sprites/gauls_warband_huntsman_sprite.spr
    model_sprite dacia, 60.0, data/sprites/dacia_barb_crew_sprite.spr
    model_sprite scythia, 60.0, data/sprites/scythia_barb_crew_sprite.spr
    model_sprite britons, 60.0, data/sprites/britons_barb_crew_sprite.spr

there is the model text.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Okay, heres a list of what we have found. I think i've missed out a few

-Cappadocian cavalry and eastern heavy infantry skins for parthia
    -Cataphract model with shields and scythian skin
    -Cataphract horse for scythia
    -Indian elephant mount
    -Mercenary cataphract african elephant
    -Naked fanatics for britons
    -Samnites and gothic cavalry for julii
    -Thracian hoplites - bug with arms not properly attached
    -Greek officer hoplite
    -Iberian spearmen
    -Slingers with skins for julii, britons, carthage and more. - bug with line down back
    -Old pharaohs guard and bowmen
    -Eastern musicians
    -Barb cavalry for briton - new model
    -Older versions barb swordsmen, archers, peltasts, peasents, huntsmen.
    -Greek sacred band
    -Sacred band cavalry for spain and numidia
    -Archers and scutarii for carthage
    -Celtic warriors - older version woad warriors
    -Celt greater and lesser swordsmen
    -Germanic greater and lesser swordsmen
    -Gaul night raiders
    -Macedonian lancers
    -Greek companion cavalry
    -Old pontus skins for several units
    -Greek musicians - missing skin
    -Scythian swordsmen
    -Desert infantry for seleucids
    -Old germanic chosen axemen
    -Scythian spear warband
    -Cataphract soldiers
    -Macedonian skins for hoplites and armoured hoplites
    -Scythian peltasts
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Lusted, add noble cavalry for scythia and thrace to the list

I think the real delay for this project we can all take blame for. I tried to set up a "template" for the submission of new discoveries, like how i listed my units starting on page 2 of this thread, but nobody really followed my lead. :p Vlad found many nice things, but when he first posted info about it, he didn't include all the .txt file information, so it got scattered in the post down the line, and it was a little difficult for me to take his snippets from different post locations, and put them into one big text file, and sort it out. Wierdshady found alot of nice stuff too, but his downloadable files included only the descr_model_battle.txt portion of the finds, and i had to do some guesswork about the export_descr_units and enums portions, etc. Lusted posted his .txt files with typos in it, and i when i used his data i had to do some "debugging" of my own to figure out why my game was crashing. I contacted the above people and got help from them, and it all worked out eventually.

Lastly, i had big problems with my computer and the 1.2 patch. It didn't take a liking to me. I uninstalled the game, and re-installed it, and tried to apply the patch, but it woudln't take. It told me i already had the patch installed. I then tried to uninstall the game, using the uninstall option from the game cd, and it instantly said that the game was uninstalled. It wasn't. Add/remove programs had the same thing happen. I deleted all the files of RTW and edited the registry, to no avail. I was forced to reformat my hard drive to even get RTW installed on my computer again at_all. So we can thank my foolishness, and CA's foolishness for making an evil patch installer for that.
    (I managed to save the .txt files for the mod before reformatting C:, and im using them right now to continue writing the readme doc. Thank the gods.)

I have the readme in .doc (Windows MS Word) format right now, because it's the cleanest and neatest way i can write instructions right now, and has options for including screenshots. I planned to do it in .pdf format, but those evil people at Adobe want you to purchase a monthly subscription to have the means to create pdf files. PAH!
    With a .doc i can link the Contents page to the individual unit installation instructions, and this is going to be really important as the readme only has a few barbarian entries right now, and it's already 14 pages long.

I'm including it here so you guys can see what's going on, and provide a little feedback, and be assured that this project is coming along. I'm going to work on it more today, and of course tommorow. If you have contributed and don't see your name in the credits, just PM me and i'l be sure to put it in. This is an alpha version of the readme, so don't be surprised if i change the wording around etc.

edit: Kidego, yes it's going to be a one pack deal. The readme is 95% of the project, since most of the skins are ready to use, in your game installation folder already. Editing the .txt files is mainly what you need to do to bring them to life. The .zip file will include some restored and "extra" skins, and unit/info cards to compliment what we have found.

I forgot to mention that i'm also in the process of moving right now. My house is sold, so i have to cram all the stuff (including stuff from a large attic and basement) from a tri-level house into a 3 bedroom apartment by march 3rd. Not a fun task. So bear with me, expect a release sometime after march 3rd.

yes many things have bugs that need fixing. that may not be of a quality worthy of the first release, also the macedonian hopltes, and the greek crew, lusted forgot to list. i just implemented the greek crew today, ill post a screen later. also found another set of barb peltasts, though they dont seem to have a secondary weapon. also just found another falx model, that dose not have its own skin however almost any of the "bobble head" textures will fit on it except for the falx blade itself. Those last 2 are examples of the ones that need work.
    here is a pic of the peltasts;

here is a pic of the greek crew; yet another decent model with those darn disconnected arms. :wack

oh yeah and now that i pick back through everything i see no ever reported the models/textures for the briton, dacian peltasts, these are not the buggy old ones either, they are the same generation as the scythian peltasts already reported, and the gaul and german peltasts already implemented. so i guess add them to the list to.
    LOL ... Im starting to wonder if this project will ever be complete, or if there will all ways be "just 1 more thing!" being dug out by somebody.

here is little present for the project, all the models needed to actualy make the scythian spearmen and swordsmen actualy look right. Instead of useing the briton model 4 the swordsmen and the german model for the spearmen.
    Enjoy! :grin

Originally posted by Tsarevna@Feb 28 2005, 12:22 PM
    Lusted, add noble cavalry for scythia and thrace to the list

I think the real delay for this project we can all take blame for. I tried to set up a "template" for the submission of new discoveries, like how i listed my units starting on page 2 of this thread, but nobody really followed my lead. :p Vlad found many nice things, but when he first posted info about it, he didn't include all the .txt file information, so it got scattered in the post down the line, and it was a little difficult for me to take his snippets from different post locations, and put them into one big text file, and sort it out. Wierdshady found alot of nice stuff too, but his downloadable files included only the descr_model_battle.txt portion of the finds, and i had to do some guesswork about the export_descr_units and enums portions, etc. Lusted posted his .txt files with typos in it, and i when i used his data i had to do some "debugging" of my own to figure out why my game was crashing. I contacted the above people and got help from them, and it all worked out eventually.

Lastly, i had big problems with my computer and the 1.2 patch. It didn't take a liking to me. I uninstalled the game, and re-installed it, and tried to apply the patch, but it woudln't take. It told me i already had the patch installed. I then tried to uninstall the game, using the uninstall option from the game cd, and it instantly said that the game was uninstalled. It wasn't. Add/remove programs had the same thing happen. I deleted all the files of RTW and edited the registry, to no avail. I was forced to reformat my hard drive to even get RTW installed on my computer again at_all. So we can thank my foolishness, and CA's foolishness for making an evil patch installer for that.
    (I managed to save the .txt files for the mod before reformatting C:, and im using them right now to continue writing the readme doc. Thank the gods.)

I have the readme in .doc (Windows MS Word) format right now, because it's the cleanest and neatest way i can write instructions right now, and has options for including screenshots. I planned to do it in .pdf format, but those evil people at Adobe want you to purchase a monthly subscription to have the means to create pdf files. PAH!
    With a .doc i can link the Contents page to the individual unit installation instructions, and this is going to be really important as the readme only has a few barbarian entries right now, and it's already 14 pages long.

I'm including it here so you guys can see what's going on, and provide a little feedback, and be assured that this project is coming along. I'm going to work on it more today, and of course tommorow. If you have contributed and don't see your name in the credits, just PM me and i'l be sure to put it in. This is an alpha version of the readme, so don't be surprised if i change the wording around etc.

edit: Kidego, yes it's going to be a one pack deal. The readme is 95% of the project, since most of the skins are ready to use, in your game installation folder already. Editing the .txt files is mainly what you need to do to bring them to life. The .zip file will include some restored and "extra" skins, and unit/info cards to compliment what we have found.

I forgot to mention that i'm also in the process of moving right now. My house is sold, so i have to cram all the stuff (including stuff from a large attic and basement) from a tri-level house into a 3 bedroom apartment by march 3rd. Not a fun task. So bear with me, expect a release sometime after march 3rd.
    Tsarevna, i think 1.2 patch activated those warlords in the vanilla version. I mean, i do have them and i'm sure i didn't activate them. (these are already modded textures for my mod)

yeah 1.2 activated the noble cav as the early general for scythia and thrace. lets se why else am i back again today... oh the barb peltasts, i implemented the briton peltast and here is a screen, i did not bother with the dacian peltast because i already have a dacian RTR petast skin for my gaul peltast model entry, so i dont want to waste a model entry on them(not sure how many i got left&#33 however they look like dacian falxmen peltasts, just like the scythian peltast looks like the axemen.
    also Tsarevna, ill have some more text info, and unit/info card to email you soon, and be sure to add the models i made for the scythian sword/spearmen so peaple wont have to use britton and german models(with the messed up head gear).
    Alright i think that will be all for a day or 2.

Foederatus

Just wanted to say good work, and i cant wait until this is finished
    It is the soldier, not the reporter, Who has given us freedom of the press.
    It is the soldier, not the poet, Who has given us freedom of speech.
    It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.
    It is the soldier, not the lawyer, Who has given us the right to a fair trial.
    It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves under the flag, Whose coffin is draped in the flag, Who allows the protester to burn the flag.
    -Charles Michael Province, U.S. Army

Oh, ok . . . Oh well, :&#39. OMFG&#33; I just found new unit textures in a verryy unexpected place&#33; (I hope noone has found them yet . . .) I found unit textures in the building textures file&#33; OMG&#33; Ahhhhh&#33; There&#39;s a barb peltast a barb cav and a barb chosen swordsman (warguard) they look very much like the barb crew that, who found it? Weirdshady i think. (plz dont let anyone else already find this&#33; :>< )

BTW-lusted do u care of my other find?&#33; The one with the falx and swords thing

maximusminimus's Avatar Biarchus

@ Greatorex:
    i&#39;ve made an info pic and unit card for the carthaginian scuttari, here they are.

Cheers.

maximusminimus

Download V. 1.0 here
    Discussion and updates here

@ maximusminimus : thank you, i&#39;l make sure you get credit for your contribution.

@ skinners:

i&#39;m taking out a repair order for the spanish carth lesser general skin, can somebody please fix the shoulder armor?

edit: the skin is named officer_carthaginian_lesser_general_spain.tga and i&#39;l upload it here if some of you don&#39;t have the pak extractor.

Originally posted by Tsarevna@Mar 8 2005, 05:51 PM
    @ maximusminimus : thank you, i&#39;l make sure you get credit for your contribution.

@ skinners:

i&#39;m taking out a repair order for the spanish carth lesser general skin, can somebody please fix the shoulder armor?

If you check the pretorian cohorts and some other units in the game, they all have that problem. I beleive one of the talented skinners (i&#39;m not sure if it was webbird or someone else) actually put the shoulder armor back on them, since they were removed and changed since we saw those video previews or RTW before the release. I think i have a picture somewhere how actually the legionaires looked, but they did have a bigger shoulder armor, and the shirt showing through now is the result of removing them by CA, which is just blows my mind why the hell they did it.

here is that early screenshot:

Notice the size of their shoulder armors are bigger and more refined

here is another early screenshot , those black armor pretorians are sure look good (IMO)

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

It&#39;s not about units, but if you look into DATA&#092;UI&#092;MESSAGES&#092; you&#39;ll pictures for many events that were abandonded. Things like: GOVERNOR_DISMISSED.TGA, ARMY_REVOLT.TGA...
    It&#39;s just a shame...
    Under Patronage of Necrobrit

Yeah i found the hidden "Messages", there&#39;s a cool one called message_eruption or something, and its sweeet looking.
    I was gonna make it my signature for this forum, but i&#39;ve have to size it down alot, and i finally decided to go with my headhunting maidens theme (which i&#39;l put up again later).

Originally posted by Tsarevna@Mar 8 2005, 07:09 PM
    Yeah i found the hidden "Messages", there&#39;s a cool one called message_eruption or something, and its sweeet looking.
    I was gonna make it my signature for this forum, but i&#39;ve have to size it down alot, and i finally decided to go with my headhunting maidens theme (which i&#39;l put up again later).

There are so many of those picture messages unused by the game, tsarevna, i found at least 5 of them scattered all around in the packs/data folder.

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

EDIT>correct sprites file
    Somebody here wanted this i think: sprites for Carthaginian Scutarii:
    In descr_model_battle.txt find normal scutarii and change into:

type carthage_scutarius
    skeleton fs_javelinman, fs_swordsman
    indiv_range 40
    texture spain, data/models_unit/textures/unit_carthage_scutarius_spain.tga
    texture merc, data/models_unit/textures/unit_carthage_scutarius_mercenary.tga
    texture carthage, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_CARTHAGE_SCUTARIUS.TGA
    model_flexi_m data/models_unit/unit_carthage_scutarius_high.cas, 8
    model_flexi_m data/models_unit/unit_carthage_scutarius_med.cas, 15
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_carthage_scutarius_low.cas, 30
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_carthage_scutarius_lowest.cas, max
    model_sprite 60.0, data/sprites/carthage_scutarius_sprite.spr
    model_sprite spain, 60.0, data/sprites/spain_carthage_scutarius_sprite.spr
    model_sprite carthage, 60.0 data/sprites/carthage_carthage_scutarius_sprite.spr

then unpack the zip file into DATA&#092;SPRITES (make one before hand)
    (just for the reference): Somebody posted unit cards a little above
    Under Patronage of Necrobrit