Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE II: HELP REQUIRED

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 2.0: HELP REQUIRED

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    On another note, I have decided to redo the mailed and feudal knights. The plan is all factions will share the same Mailed Knight model/texture (although shields may differ).

But they will still have unique tabards?:hmmm:

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed you answered that already.
    Last edited by \Vazul's Ghost/; April 23, 2008 at 08:11 AM.
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Quote Originally Posted by \Vazul's Ghost/ View Post
    But they will still have unique tabards?:hmmm:

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed you answered that already.
    Yeah, the Feudal Knights will get different surcoats (4 different varieties along with something like 6 different heads, and 7-8 different helmets, so they'll be a lot of variety for each unit). And I'm not going to go with any sort of faction colours for them. The plan is to simply recolour the surcoats for each faction.

They're almost done. And I must say, I am quite pleased with the way they, along with the mailed knights, look.

bdotward is doing a couple of textures for the sergeant units. Maybe once we're both done, I'll put a preview together of your new knights and sergeants.

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

Sergeant models and textures done

very good like the new faction perhaps ad a faction in tunis 2

Hi Socal! I would be glad to help you with any 2D work, although I have not enough free time to be MUCH help, but still as PDER is the only game I've playing at my 28 (except MSFS of course but it is not a game actually) I want it be more eye candy (I am VERY jealous to see SS’s shine and glamour just blocks PDER for the gamers). I want to show some example - as my campaign army mostly consist of international units (I think it is more likely that everyone in PDER tend to recruit international units to make battles more epic) I started to fix PDER's unit cards from the very moment PDER had been installed (this original Armenian archer was just... repellent). After all this is the most abundant GUI element you see all the time (like every other veteran gamer I turn off all the battle GUI except cards). So here the cards fixed for units in my Norman army. Not so beautiful as it could be but I was not able to import texture files and animation in 3ds correctly so after some time wasted I did them taking some screenshots to the Ps (sic) – this method is simple and more importantly fast. So you are welcome to ask (I really want to help in return for your effort).
    Last edited by shakesword; April 23, 2008 at 02:08 PM.

Hey Socal!

As mentioned before, I will help in the scripting sector if you run into problems there / need ideas / etc...

Also, we are in the process of implementing the Kypchaks too, so maybe we could help each other concerning them too.

Cheers!

Retired creator of 'Das Heilige Römische Reich' - Get v. 0.7 here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my homepage.
    --------------------------------------------
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

ye bogotais research thread on hrr alone is "massive sharing"::::

So sorry I've been quiet lately. My personal life is in a bit of shambles, but that's neither here nor there...

What I can say is work on PDER 2.0 is progressing. I had hoped to integrate a few volunteers by now, but as I mentioned real-life kept me busy. Nevertheless, I have been making progress on units. I am hoping to preview PDER's new Knights and Sergeants sometime this week. Without sounding like an ass, the knights are my best work to date (not that I am all that great). The vanilla crap was bland and boring. No helmets on the mailed knights was lame. And the Feudals were blockheads.

I'm just stuck at the moment on Heater Shield patterns (I'm cool with kite shield patterns). I don't want to go the whole heraldry route, because the idea is I want to be able to mass produce them. Working with layers in PS, I want to be able to simply adjust the colours and BAM! new shield. Especially, since I want every unit to have at least 8-10 possible shield patterns displayed. Now figure out how many Catholic factions there are or will be and you'll see why I don't want to get really detailed with heraldry (much as I'd like to).

So be on the lookout for the first proper preview of PDER 2.0 this week. Knights and Sergeants.

Cheerio!

Outstanding news. Take your time bro, life comes first. And you know how to reach me if necessary.

well I can help you if you still need it.
    Tester and resercher.

Quote Originally Posted by Hospitalier Grand Master View Post
    well I can help you if you still need it.
    Tester and resercher.
    Thanks. I'll take all the help I can get. Real-life has taken a turn for the worse lately. But I have managed to still work on modelling and skinning units. I had hoped to be up and running in the dev forum by now. But I'm planning on a preview of the new Knights & Sergeants very soon. Vanilla Mailed and Feudal Knights are gone...

Cheers!

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

I can help with research and testing too.

I am sorry for you real life. But I think that when there are people which don't abandon you, even in so simple things like modding a game, you can feel better. Even if I am new at modding (I made a mod for RTW), this can also be time to start learning more about MTWII.

PDER is the quiet storm of the m2tw world. I've enjoyed helping with the units on this mod.

Just thought I'd throw this out there...Have you thought about a Flemmish faction, Socal? Instead of Toulose? Either will be interesting, and im really looking forward to the Serbian faction. Will Toulose be a heretical faction (Cathars) or Catholic?

BTW. Im a History major, and am pretty busy with school, but if you want to give me any specific task researching or writing id be glad to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugin84 View Post
    Just thought I'd throw this out there...Have you thought about a Flemmish faction, Socal? Instead of Toulose? Either will be interesting, and im really looking forward to the Serbian faction. Will Toulose be a heretical faction (Cathars) or Catholic?

BTW. Im a History major, and am pretty busy with school, but if you want to give me any specific task researching or writing id be glad to help.
    I'm pretty pleased with Toulouse to be honest. They're gonna be Catholic. I think they add a nice dynamic to Western Europe. They'll also act as a check on Aragonese expansion past the Pyrenees. Plus, one of my favorite reasons they're being included is because they will give the player a viable option for a relocation faction. The relocation being to the Levant. The justification? The faction heir, Raymond St. Gilles, was one of the leaders of the First Crusade and by all accounts was fascinated by the Holy Lands. And the dream of a Christian Kingdom therein. Consider them a pseudo-Crusader kingdom if you so choose.

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

I'm pretty pleased with Toulouse to be honest. They're gonna be Catholic. I think they add a nice dynamic to Western Europe. They'll also act as a check on Aragonese expansion past the Pyrenees. Plus, one of my favorite reasons they're being included is because they will give the player a viable option for a relocation faction. The relocation being to the Levant. The justification? The faction heir, Raymond St. Gilles, was one of the leaders of the First Crusade and by all accounts was fascinated by the Holy Lands. And the dream of a Christian Kingdom therein. Consider them a pseudo-Crusader kingdom if you so choose.
    Just an idea, I think it would be pretty cool if at some point Toulouse got the option to covert to heretical catharism, like with lithuania in Kingdoms. Also if you need any help with research for central europe (Austria, Bohemia, Hungary etc.) or with heraldry or papacy remember I'm happy to oblige, any chance to further the development of my favorite mod.
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Will it be possible to change the faction name to = Kingdom of Jeruselem once the Levant is established? Id have to recheck some facts, but isnt the royal line of Jeruselem. Bouduin, Raymend de Toulouse are the original Defenders of the Holy Sepulcher? correct?
    ~Loyalty always, but honor first.~

Quote Originally Posted by Rugin84 View Post
    Will it be possible to change the faction name to = Kingdom of Jeruselem once the Levant is established? Id have to recheck some facts, but isnt the royal line of Jeruselem. Bouduin, Raymend de Toulouse are the original Defenders of the Holy Sepulcher? correct?
    Geoffrey of Bouillon (Lorraine) was Defender of the Holy Sepulcher and then Baldwin of Edessa (I think) inherited on Geoffrey's death and became king.
    Raymond of Saint Gilles (Toulouse) cut out the County of Tripoli.

Hi.
    I know that this is not a proposal thread but there is no such for PDER 2.0 so i will post here.I want to familiarize you whit Second Bulgarian Еmpire http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Bulgarian_Empire this tzardom played significant role in the east european history until it fell under ottoman control.I think it deserves to be added to the mod maybe like a popup nation in 1185.What do you think.And about the help I cant mod but will be happy to help whit info or maybe beta testing .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast