Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Parthicus/Labienus (II)

We shall fwee...Wode's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Parthicus/Labienus

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius Octavius Ulpianus View Post
    "I have already said,we cant expand too much.We must only take Genoa for now and make an alliance with the Greeks.If we expand too much to the north,the resuppliement would take a long time."

ooc:still need the save:hmmm:...
    You'll never get it, I didn't get it at all when I was censor so the Consul could have just taken the proverbial piss!
    add "wick" on the end of my name.

Gaivs Atilivs Balbvs - senator YATS, age 30)

Nephew of Marcvs Atilivs Balbvs, died in battle aged 48

The forums Monty Python nutter!

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Since I cannot at the moment give a map of the current northern situation, I shall describe it as well as I can through words:

Northern Italy south of the Alps is currently divided by three nations. We Romans hold Arretium and Ariminium, and have two full strength legions there. One is facing Genoa, which is occupied by a full strength Gaulish army to the northwest of Arretium. The other legion is facing Bononia which is north of Ariminium. This legion is 200 or so men smaller than the other legion, however, the Gaulish army in Bononia is also about two units smaller than the Genoa army. The Gauls have no further reinforcements close by, nor are there any Greek armies loitering around it.

The Greeks occupy Mediolanium and Patavium in Cisalpine Gaul. The Greeks are at war with the Gauls, and they are currently squabbling over Mediolanium, north of Genoa. Gaul has put Mediolanium under siege, but the Greeks have called up three medium sized reinforcing armies to help the defenders. Patavium, slightly northwest of Bononia, is less highly garrisoned by the Greeks, with a small army within and two even smaller ones around it at the last check.

Now, coming back to my proposal about Bononia. I believe that to ensure that the Greeks don't attack if we capture Bononia and Genoa, we should go to them for an alliance, trade rights and map information exchange before we attempt to capture the cities. I know Greeks to be noble people, so I believe they will not break their promises so soon afte they have just made them.

Legions I believe we have enough to continue this conquest for a while longer. The two legions facing the Gaulish towns will be able to (if allowed) take the towns, leave a small garrison or build one for minimal price, and then stand guard on the borders like they currently are doing. In making this move, we will have destroyed Gaul's two largest armies, and it will severly cripple their military and economy with this rich area of land lost from them.

So in summary of my views, this is how I believe we should proceed:
    1. Send a delegation to negotiate with the Greeks an alliance, trade rights, and exchange of map information.
    2. Besiege Genoa and Bononia with the two legions.
    3. Leave them to starve a few months (ooc: just the "end turn" concept) so their troops numbers fall a little.
    4. Attack the cities and destroy the armies, then enslave the populace
    5. Spend a few thousand denarii recruiting a garrison for those cities
    6. Post the two full legions on the border in the unlikelyhood of Greek attack, or Gaulish retribution.

What do you think of this Conscript Fathers?

I shall provide you with a map as soon as I can.

ooc: Tiberius Ulpianus, would you mind waiting after we've finished all this war stuff? I shall give you the save after it.

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

The motion is passed.
    The consul may move to secure Genoa.
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

1. Send a delegation to negotiate with the Greeks an alliance, trade rights, and exchange of map information.

I agree with these terms.

2. Besiege Genoa and Bononia with the two legions.

The attack of Genoa has been approved by the senate.

3. Leave them to starve a few months (ooc: just the "end turn" concept) so their troops numbers fall a little.

You are in command.

4. Attack the cities and destroy the armies, then enslave the populace.

No comment.

5. Spend a few thousand denarii recruiting a garrison for those cities.

Use what we have to garrison the city. At this point a legion should be sent there till the fighting dies down.

6. Post the two full legions on the border in the unlikelyhood of Greek attack, or Gaulish retribution.

The bridges must remain secure.

Voice Chat @ Discord

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

then enslave the populace
    No, they are as good people as we are, they are just suppressed by those scum we all normally call Gauls, but we all know that they truly are scums.

We shall instead free the people and welcome them as our own brothers and sisters and they will sourly make it up to us.
    Plus we can´t continue to bring home these quantity of slaves as the market will drop as quick as a large stone tossed in to the ocean.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Agreed, no honourable people should be made into slaves. Not only is it a grievous crime upon them ,but upon our own people! It is slaves which cause unemployement and give rise to the mob!

Vitruvius stands a smile on his face

I beg the Senate’s indulgence. I wish to take the time to speak about our Senior Consul.

Vitruvius looks over at Quintus

I have a habit of talking amongst the people, casually. I feel this makes me more effective at my job, as Tribune. Make no mistake; they understand the issues that Rome is facing. Rome may be a mob, but it is a smart one. Frankly, sir, they are pleased with you. The effectiveness in which you handled the rebel scum across the countryside is still spoken amongst them. While I may disagree with the taking of Genoa, the people wish it and I wish you luck! Do well, and they will praise your name. They applaud your intelligence in the Greek debate. A lesser man would wish for personal glory fighting our distant cousins, but you are not a lesser man for you see the wisdom in peace. A great many people have expressed their desire to be known as a civilized society and peace with the Hellenic States would signify this. Finally, I, personally, wish to compliment you. For what, you may ask? Well simply this, we are slow moving as a Senate, such is the way of the Republic. It takes a patient man to move Rome forward, and you have done just that, in spite of the constant petty bickering and backroom deals. The mob knows that there is something rotten in the state of Rome! But they see you, sir, as a man, nay a leader, of integrity! As the elected representatives of Rome, we should all strive to be viewed in such a positive light by the people! After all, aren't we all here for the good of the Republic?”

Vitruvius looks at each Senator in the room as he says this

Now, if our Junior Consul would be kind enough to propose the Greek diplomatic matter, I would appreciate it, a divide is necessary at this point.
    Caeso Decimus Crassus (32)

So be it.. I will see a division on the terms of the greek mission.
    Should we sue for peace or not.

Voice Chat @ Discord

Thank you for your words of praise, Senator Vitruvius. I shall try my utmost to maintain this attitude.

Here is a map of the currently northern situation, with the Greek forces at Mediolanium and Patavium also displayed:

There seems to be a large build-up of Greek troops at the entrance to the Gaulish lands. I do no know if their intention is to invade Gaul, or to attack us. I presume they are attacking Gaul for two reasons:
    1. The Greeks and Gauls are already at war
    2. The Greeks just offered us trade rights, which I have accepted, so if we send a delegation, we shall not need to ask for them again.

ooc: I shall be attacking Genoa sometime soon. A report will be here in a few hours,and the save will come with it.

king_of_sparta's Avatar Libertus

ooc: i've downloaded the mod but is there meant to 0 turns on recruitment and do we have the border things on
    ME, YOUR MOM AND HITLER
    YATS Marcus Fabianus Grattius

I believe it's no borders and 1 turn recruitment.

ooc: I don't think it's one turn recruitment. I put three units of auxiliaries in the building queue at Arretium, and the next turn they were all finished. Also, how do you expect the Greeks to turn out three more full stacks in 1 turn when they used to only have about 3 armies in Northern Italy. I'm quite sure we're on 0 turn recruitment, though I swear it wasn't me who changed it.

Philos Sophos's Avatar Protector Domesticus

ooc:the rpg is using 1 unit recruitmen so when you get the save,recruit only 1 unit in every in 1 turn or turn your game into 1 turn or you will..cheat
    Last edited by Philos Sophos; April 11, 2008 at 01:21 PM.

O Sancta Simplicitas!

ooc: Oh, I didn't even know that. I suppose you made this rule up while I was away then, cos I haven't heard of it. Ok, now I know...

OOC: the game has been on one turn recruitment the whole time. when you installed your mod, if you selected 0 turn recruitment then you have modified the save game to adapt to that. You need to reinstall your mod and put it on 1 turn recruitment otherwise you could throw off the whole game.

Gaius Julius Civilis's Avatar Senator
    Castra Ultra Traiectum - Germania Inferior

Junior Consul, the Senior Consul also proposed the conquest of Bononia, the posession of which is vital to the safe-keeping of Genoa and, because of that, Massilia. Could you open a vote for that too?
    YOU ARE THE SENATE - SENATOR PROCVLVS IVNIVS VERVS MINOR - XXX
    PLEBEIAN

king_of_sparta's Avatar Libertus

ooc: im glad i brought that up then
    ME, YOUR MOM AND HITLER
    YATS Marcus Fabianus Grattius

ooc: Well I always played on 1 turn recruitment, cos I'm used to what RTW was like....

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

OOC1: Can we please stop the "oocs" posts in the Senate House? We are like 300 old men staring at each other all this time...

OOC2: You don't need to reinstall, simply go to the "optional stuff" or something file and copy\paste the 1 turn recruitment files(it's in a subfolder named "1turn", you'll find it inside the "optional stuff" file).
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

ooc: Yes I know. And also, it's "IMPORTANT STUFF" not optional. Anyway, Genoa Battle report coming soon.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast