Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Parthicus/Labienus (II)

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Parthicus/Labienus

A messenger hurries into the Curia. He is panting and out of breath. Staggering up the steps, he hands a scroll to the Junior Consul. Consul Labienus (sorry for the rp here Caesar) opens the scroll and shows the senators:

Salve Senators, I hope I find you well,

This is my report on my attack on the Gaulish hordes at Genoa. The battle started in the morning, and the odds were very even, as you can see here.

My three battering rams eased up to the wall and started to batter the wall ferociously, with my group of archers shooting demoralising volleys into the Gaulish ranks.

Once the gate was down, the legionaries threw two volleys of pila and charged into the fray. It could easily be seen that the Gauls were no match for the power of hard Roman steel. However, their numbers were beginning to tell, and I send two more cohorts in to help out.

Soon, some of the Gauls were starting to rout. I urged my legionaries on, and they fought hard.

Their general, Captain Wotecorix, was soon killed by the onslaught of the legionaries

Meanwhile, two cohorts of auxilia had been fighting hard against the Gallic Armoured Swordsmen who were quite a match for them, and they were pretty much equal until the very end.

Soon, fleeing from the power of the Roman war machine, hundreds of Gauls were streaming back to the city centre to seek refuge among their friends.

I sent two cohorts of legionaries and two more of auxilia through a side street on the right, while the main body of legionaries moved through the main street and into the city centre, where they met the resistance of all the rest of the Gauls, fighting to to defend their city.

However, they were no match for our brave legionaries, and we soon had them surrounded.

Our legionaries slaughtered every one of them, and soon, they were all cheering at the victory in the town square.

Unfortunately, I did was not able to get an official copy of the battle results in time, but the battle statistics are as such:
    Romans:
    Men deployed: 2395
    Kills: 2196
    Men remaining: 2012

Gauls
    Men deployed: 2222
    Kills: 384
    Men remaining: 0

Conscript Fathers, Genoa is now in Roman hands!
    ooc: I just forgot to take a picture of the victory screen, but I wrote did write down the numbers, so there they are.
    Last edited by Xavier Dragnesi; April 11, 2008 at 08:34 PM.

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

Well done Consul.
    We now have a safe route to Massilia and the victory was complete.
    This year is drawing to an end and with the consul returning to Rome the voting may begin.

ooc: No save?
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

Marcus Lucretius Falco has been appointed leader of the tribunes with 45% of the votes.
    His fellow tribunes are Manius Velius Octavius, Spurius Vitruvius Habitus and Quintus Julius

Pvblivs Valerivs Pvblicola is now the Proconsul of Sicilia and Tiberius Octavius Ulpianus has been awarded the position of Praetor.

Voice Chat @ Discord

Gaius Julius Civilis's Avatar Senator
    Castra Ultra Traiectum - Germania Inferior

Starting next term right?
    YOU ARE THE SENATE - SENATOR PROCVLVS IVNIVS VERVS MINOR - XXX
    PLEBEIAN

Congratulations on your victory, Consul Parthicus. Good luck in the current elections, also.

As the term draws to a close, there are two main things on mine mind:
    1. Capture of Bononia
    2. What to do about the Greeks gathering en masse near Mediolanium, and also the Greek army travelling down the mountain pass towards Massilia.

These two issues should be the starting topics of the next term.

Closed for the new term

Voice Chat @ Discord

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456